British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
coomie

Somerset 2018

NK Iversen would be nice for me.

Would attract quite a few more Wasps fans over as well I'd imagine!

I hope it isn't Kildemand he spends too much time on his ar*e for my liking.

I don't like Kildemand much but he'd be one of the riders I'd be pestering to sign for me in 2018 - he has a very attractive average.

Suggestions of Holder or Hans, ouch! Would have to be Holder given a choice but think of the moaning.

I don't like Kildemand much but he'd be one of the riders I'd be pestering to sign for me in 2018 - he has a very attractive average.

Suggestions of Holder or Hans, ouch! Would have to be Holder given a choice but think of the moaning.

The Chris Holder I first got to know never complained and was very easy going.

Really don't know why the change in attitude.

Probably looking for other things to blame instead of looking at himself?? No doubt about it..on form he is one of the world's best and good to watch

• Like 2

Chris is one of the best or was could still be i suppose i have never classed him as really exciting rider though imo

The Chris Holder I first got to know never complained and was very easy going.

Really don't know why the change in attitude.

Its maybe easy for many to be judgemental when looking from a distance.

But consider the following.

Chris almost lost his best friend - soul mate and kind of young protégé in Darcy Ward. They were like 2 kids at times but the bond was close.

Following on from that and not far behind was his split from partner Sealy and the mother of his son Max.

To add further salt to the wounds was that his engines were not firing in 2017 and there were tuning problems with Alan John's engines and well documented by John's himself.

I am sure all factors may have also hit his confidence because how can a guy who was so comfortably in the top 8 SGP riders for so long plus was third in GSA only to Doyle and NKI in 2016 fall so far so quickly.

Have said countless times now that he deserves this year at SGP level as well as with Torun and whichever UK Club he signs for. If he screws it up this year then he only has himself to blame as he can't use the previous years issues to haunt him forever.

If he messes it up in 2018 then he may well lose his SGP place - His UK team place and also most importantly for his Bank Balance, his long term place for so long in Poland - Torun.

Its maybe easy for many to be judgemental when looking from a distance.

But consider the following.

Chris almost lost his best friend - soul mate and kind of young protégé in Darcy Ward. They were like 2 kids at times but the bond was close.

Following on from that and not far behind was his split from partner Sealy and the mother of his son Max.

To add further salt to the wounds was that his engines were not firing in 2017 and there were tuning problems with Alan John's engines and well documented by John's himself.

I am sure all factors may have also hit his confidence because how can a guy who was so comfortably in the top 8 SGP riders for so long plus was third in GSA only to Doyle and NKI in 2016 fall so far so quickly.

Have said countless times now that he deserves this year at SGP level as well as with Torun and whichever UK Club he signs for. If he screws it up this year then he only has himself to blame as he can't use the previous years issues to haunt him forever.

If he messes it up in 2018 then he may well lose his SGP place - His UK team place and also most importantly for his Bank Balance, his long term place for so long in Poland - Torun.

The above may well be true,but that shouldn't be a reason for him slag British speedway off the way he does.And theres "That night"...He didn't seem to worry about the fans or his team..I think he's ok on his average and might up it a point,but i'd only take him if i was a win at all costs promoter :wink:

• Like 3

The above may well be true,but that shouldn't be a reason for him slag British speedway off the way he does.And theres "That night"...He didn't seem to worry about the fans or his team..I think he's ok on his average and might up it a point,but i'd only take him if i was a win at all costs promoter :wink:

Worry about the fans or the team? When was any speedway rider worried about either of those?

• Like 1

Worry about the fans or the team? When was any speedway rider worried about either of those?

Quite a few on that Thursday night. :o

Self employed businessmen don’t worry about anything apart from where their next shilling is coming from.

• Like 3

Self employed businessmen don’t worry about anything apart from where their next shilling is coming from.

Nonsense. Every self-employed businessman should worry about the job he does for his customer and his customer’s opinion of him.

Nonsense. Every self-employed businessman should worry about the job he does for his customer and his customer’s opinion of him.

True, but every customer should also make sure that the working conditions in which the self-employed businessman is being asked to do his job also meet acceptable standards - or the self-employed businessman can choose not to do the job! :wink:

• Like 1

So true I've never done it but I know I can pick up my tools and walk away if conditions are not right.

True, but every customer should also make sure that the working conditions in which the self-employed businessman is being asked to do his job also meet acceptable standards - or the self-employed businessman can choose not to do the job! :wink:

Batch and Noddy tried that - didnt end well! :wink:

• Like 2