British Speedway Forum

Not 100% accurate. Mark wanted what he though he should be paid in line with other world champions. He told Norrie what he wanted. Norrie told Ford who then went straight to TR.

Mark wanted to ride for Poole but Poole wouldnt budge and went for TR and paid more than Mark wanted.

Anyway back to Swindon and i would guess this is down to money and nothing else

Wrong Gavin , it's common knowledge down Poole that Norrie did all the negotiations, and priced Mark out

Did Ipswich not get rid of Tony after the 1998 season when they won everything.

Think they kept Gollob and Louis instead.

No

TR asked to leave the club and went out to Kings Lynn the following season and him and Leigh Adams were the top 2

Wrong Gavin , it's common knowledge down Poole that Norrie did all the negotiations, and priced Mark out

Not going down this route again. I have close links to the Loram family and know the exact story. Mark told Norrie a price and Norrie went to Ford and Ford refused. Mark may have asked for to much for Matt Ford to pay, but Mark was the one who came up with the figure. Mark didnt like confrontation so Norrie did all of the talking. Mark is very quiet but a very astute businessman hence his forays into building work and car sales. He ended up going to Peterborough for more than he asked Matt Ford to pay him at Poole. This is the Swindon thread can we leave this here please.

Edited by Gavan
  • Like 1

I'm not surprised with the decision to keep Morris and lose Doyle. I think Rosco got fed up with Doyle in 2017, many times he would pull out of meetings injured, then ride in Sweden & Poland day later.

Nick Morris deserves his chance but will need to be backed up by Musielak and most probably Batchelor, I just hope it isn't Bellego and Musielak as that would be a disaster.

A top two of Morris and Bachelor won't strike much fear in the opposition.

Mark Loram didn't ask for more money. He wasn't even involved in the negotiation. It was all down to Norrie Allan demanding too much and MF refused to pay it and he made immediate contact with TR.

It was even reported that Mark wished he'd been told sooner as he would have probably reached an agreement with Matt if he'd got involved personally but was so busy doing other stuff and being World Champion!!

I WOULD agree with all of that and believe Mark also changed clubs in Poland the year after becoming WC for the same reason.

However, Mark was happy to let Norrie do his deals and had a very successful career financially because of that. Norris was a tough negotiator and also brought a lot of money into the coffers of Chris Harris io the back on him riding in Poland and Sweden.

I WOULD agree with all of that and believe Mark also changed clubs in Poland the year after becoming WC for the same reason.

However, Mark was happy to let Norrie do his deals and had a very successful career financially because of that. Norris was a tough negotiator and also brought a lot of money into the coffers of Chris Harris io the back on him riding in Poland and Sweden.

Mark is very astute i have known the family since Mark was 15. Mark demanded more money as has been said but rather than doing the talking himself he got Norrie to do it. Norrie used to rub people up the wrong way and probably did that to Matt Ford. Mark maybe thought he was worth more than he should have been i agree with that, but Mark knew what he wanted and maybe made the mistake of not speaking to Ford personally.

Hahaha! Ridiculous decision. Getting rid of the World Champion for an unproven No.1 in Nick Morris.

Nothing to do with Morris and by the way he ent a bad rider, Doyle now deservedly would be on great money can Swindon really afford it i think not.

Pretty sure no other team wouldve taken Nick as a no 1 which might have been something to do wth the decision.

Trying hard not to get eggy about not having a WORLD CHAMPION leading us as cant see another team making the same decision.

If Doyle had got the nod, Nick Morris would not be riding top flight speedway in the UK in 2018 as no other club would have come in for him on his average. By chosing Morris Rosco has guarenteed both will be riding.

A tough call but gives Rosco a bit more to play with.

If Doyle had got the nod, Nick Morris would not be riding top flight speedway in the UK in 2018 as no other club would have come in for him on his average. By chosing Morris Rosco has guarenteed both will be riding.

I think that was really taken into account Steve & made the decision for Rosco easy.

Just hope Doyley is Somerset bound as some trips down the motorway to watch him on a great track is a must.

I said that a week ago!

• Like 1

I'm not surprised with the decision to keep Morris and lose Doyle. I think Rosco got fed up with Doyle in 2017, many times he would pull out of meetings injured, then ride in Sweden & Poland day later.

Nick Morris deserves his chance but will need to be backed up by Musielak and most probably Batchelor, I just hope it isn't Bellego and Musielak as that would be a disaster.

Would this be same Jason Doyle that rode a good chunk of last season for all of his clubs with a broken foot. Any criticism of Doyle for that reason is harsh to say the least.

• Like 3

Nothing to do with Morris and by the way he ent a bad rider, Doyle now deservedly would be on great money can Swindon really afford it i think not.

Don't get me wrong. Nick Morris is a good Speedway rider. Just Doyle has been the best in the world for 2 years running imo.

I did tell you !!

Yep. I still cant believe what Swindon have done. How can you not pick the World Champ to lead your team in 2018

Don't get me wrong. Nick Morris is a good Speedway rider. Just Doyle has been the best in the world for 2 years running imo.

Yep. I still cant believe what Swindon have done. How can you not pick the World Champ to lead your team in 2018

Not enough £s in the world of speedway UK it seems and certainly not at Swindon. It was a great surprise that they had a successful year on track and still made a loss! So, did any track make a profit in 2017?