British Speedway Forum

15 hours ago, blupanther said:

In 2010 Pirates came to the Showground with Darcy Ward and Jason Doyle at reserve, how times have changed. Robins will need young Zach to be a big improver if they are to challenge next season imo...

How many people thought Jason Doyle would be world champion back in 2010 though? With hindsight that is an amazing reserve lineup but who is to there won't be a reserve combo next year that would look amazing in seven years time!!

17 hours ago, screm said:

For the life of me I cant work out this Mitchel Davey signing, in his racing career over here he has been at best a Championship reserve so taking the jump to the Premiership is a jump to far IMO. In fact I see him only as a short term signing before the axe falls.

Most teams seem to have a weak number 7. He only has to beat them and he has done his job.

16 hours ago, Bald Bloke said:

But look what happened last year ;)

:t:

15 minutes ago, stevebrum said:

Most teams seem to have a weak number 7. He only has to beat them and he has done his job.

:t:

Well he will have a chance against the Wolves pair. But both Swindon and Wolves are woefully weak at reserve. 

5 minutes ago, Steve Shovlar said:

Well he will have a chance against the Wolves pair. But both Swindon and Wolves are woefully weak at reserve. 

You clearly haven't seen much of Davey.

2 hours ago, Barrow Boy 2 said:

Another who is destined for big things IMO is Jordon Jenkins.

let's hope so,the more the merrier.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Barrow Boy 2 said:

Another who is destined for big things IMO is Jordon Jenkins.

And he may be only the 2nd best teenager at Mildenhall in 2018....

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

We should be seeing all the Young talent in Premiership reserve spots racing each other, not riders making up the number who's only aim is get a couple of points and think it's job done.

3 hours ago, Steve Shovlar said:

That's what people were saying last season but which 2 clubs finished in the play-off final. Reserves seemed to have less impact on meetings last season.

21 hours ago, Steve Shovlar said:

Not going to happen. Swindons 2018 lineup looks bland with really poor reserves who will be there all season. IMO there’s little chance of retaining the title with that lineup. You are kidding yourself if you think those 7 riders will improve enough to retain.  Titles are won with riders increasing their averages.

His avatar shows where his brains are. Let's hope you're still laughing when you're thrashed again next season. It doesn't look as though you will have much to smile about next season.

Merry Christmas!

• Haha 2

27 minutes ago, DunRobin said:

That's what people were saying last season but which 2 clubs finished in the play-off final. Reserves seemed to have less impact on meetings last season.

Yes and thats why they had to change the team 

6 minutes ago, foreverblue said:

Yes and thats why they had to change the team 

Only one real change. How many changes do Poole make in an average season? Usually 3 - 4

5 hours ago, Aces High said:

How many people thought Jason Doyle would be world champion back in 2010 though? With hindsight that is an amazing reserve lineup but who is to there won't be a reserve combo next year that would look amazing in seven years time!!

To be fair Darcy looked pretty amazing even in 2010, but agree with you about Doyle. Not sure many saw that coming...

41 minutes ago, DunRobin said:

Only one real change. How many changes do Poole make in an average season? Usually 3 - 4

Irrelevant how many changes the fact remains if you hadn't changed the team you wouldn't even have been in the play-offs in my opinion. Musielak completely changed the team and changes will have to be made next season if they are to challenge. Grondal was a sacking waiting to happen and so is Mitchell Davey. 

1 hour ago, foreverblue said:

Irrelevant how many changes the fact remains if you hadn't changed the team you wouldn't even have been in the play-offs in my opinion. Musielak completely changed the team and changes will have to be made next season if they are to challenge. Grondal was a sacking waiting to happen and so is Mitchell Davey. 

Think Swindon are in competition with Wolves about who could get the weakest reserves! I see certain Swindon fans are in denial. Orion has said it as it is.

swindon will be weilding the axe before the first set of gs come out.

15 minutes ago, Steve Shovlar said:

Think Swindon are in competition with Wolves about who could get the weakest reserves! I see certain Swindon fans are in denial. Orion has said it as it is.

swindon will be weilding the axe before the first set of gs come out.

No matter what race format or points limit one strong reserve is needed to mount a title challenge.

Rosco will need to make a change as soon as he can like last season for me.

I can’t get my head round the fact that Doyley won’t be back & that we’ve not used the difference in his & Nick average very well.

Keeping so many of last seasons team is good but David would’ve gone & got a stronger main reserve in.