British Speedway Forum
Panthers89

Peterborough Panthers Vs Ipswich Witches - 22/10/2017 - Ko Final

So is Holders mystery bout of Oz-itus going to be cleared up by Thursday after all his injections then?

So is Holders mystery bout of Oz-itus going to be cleared up by Thursday after all his injections then?

If Jack is there then he will strike fear into Ipswich.

Him and Harris are capable of clearing the card.

The question is whether Lambert will be fit, he had a virus and rode last night.

Holder is awful at Foxhall

If Lambert was fully fit he would still ride Foxhall as tho he was injured

Harris is not exceptional there, Starkey from memory is ok, ostegaard more miss than hit

Think BWD flies around Foxhall tho so you've got a.... No chance with him

Holder is awful at Foxhall

Not that I care about him anymore, but he did get 12 from 5 rides the last time he rode for us at your place.

Holder was pretty good on his last Foxhall visit if I remember rightly?

Bit optimistic for Rory to be fit for Thursday with a badly sprained ankle? Maybe if its well strapped he maybe ok well have to see.

If hes out well need a good guest to cover his Foxhall scoring power.

Or would it be a guest for Sedgman and R/R for Schlein?

Edit: I have no idea why my apostrophes are not working! My iPhone emojis dont display either yet I can see them from others..

Edited by Arch Stanton

Me and Olivia are no longer together, I do not want to talk about it.

Sat at work shaking my head in disbelief.

I may need to speak to my manager and ask for the day off.

If Jack is there then he will strike fear into Ipswich.

Him and Harris are capable of clearing the card.

The question is whether Lambert will be fit, he had a virus and rode last night.

i have to question your line of thought here , whats more importantfrom a young persons point of view ?

is it the fact that you n ollie have fallen out?

or the fact that peterborough have had a poor home result in the first leg ?

i for one would think that your private life and any relationships you have are more important than peterborough .

so if pb close down , you can always go to ged and ask him for a fence panel or try the plenty more fishsite .

you have a choice , hope you make the correct one .

anyhow , you should be working now and not let speedway get in your way with your job .

• Like 1

It's a question that was raised well before yesterdays meeting.. .

Looks like the Holder/BWD virus is sweeping the Panthers team...

Stand corrected on holder last time out, don't think I went based on the panthers previous visit to that one

Beat King and our reserves once. Also Heeps when Cam fell whilst trying to overtake him.

I know Panthers fans are annoyed (including myself) about the result in the end but this was a superb meeting to end the season and had everything. Good crowd, great racing and thrills n spills.

I'm not annoyed. We've been riding our luck and got found out at a vital time, as we did in the league. It had some of those elements you describe but I think that superb is pushing it a bit. Liked by Humpty and Dumpty of course but it was more fun for them.

Well done Witches, brilliant response to losing Rory, especially the 2 young lads at reserve. The travelling support made a brilliant atmosphere, & I hope & pray that we are back next season.

Edited by proud panther
  • Like 4

I've seen a lot of brilliant meetings at Alwalton, but this wasn't one of them.

No matter how good the last few heats - and as a neutral I enjoyed them - the first two hours (bar Starke's win over Heeps) were uninspiring.

We had a late start, a long delay while Rory was treated, and a one sided match against visitors missing a key rider.

And then it finally got going. The last third of the match was dramatic (and undoubtedly uplifting for visiting fans) but we had to wait a long time in the chill wind before the denouement.

Looking forward to the second leg, who knows what further surprises this tie may throw up.

• Like 2

Went to this one as a neutral expecting to see a cup final cracker... instead start was delayed, not because of the crowd but due to lack of ambulance, then both teams running R/R and Ippo losing Schlein meant that more or less every race was 2 rides on the trot, meeting held up for around 20 mins because there was only 1 ambulance in attendance, ref seemed to not know where the 2 minute button was and when there wasn't 2 on the trot and the meeting could have been pushed along a bit the tractor came out for track grading!!! Well done Ippo on not collapsing and keeping it close but from a neutral point of view it was hard to keep any interest going in what was a very tedious meeting. My first visit to the EoES since the shambles that was the Newcastle match... at least Schlein wasn't able to throw his toys out the pram this time because he couldn't ride the track.

Nigh on 3 hours for 15mins of action is a total joke

Edited by iainb
  • Like 2

Well done Witches, brilliant response to losing Rory, especially the 2 young lads at reserve. The travelling support made a brilliant atmosphere, & I hope & pray that we are back next season.

Some good friendly banter both ways - enjoyed it greatly.

BTW 99 isnt it Humpty Dumpty as in one rather than and? Rather like liking Country and Western music....