British Speedway Forum

So we think it could rule of Scott Nicholls, it does now rule out Rory as he is staying put, so that still leaves the door open on Lawson, Morris and maybe Kyle Newman might be a target, would make a good number 4?

• Like 1

Didnt jon cook say they would have a rider that hasnt rode in league before.

Im guessing lawson and kennett will be in the team,along with zach w and morley at reserve.

Re: Scott Nicholls. I find it bizarre that he can guest in the Championship at the end of the 2017, but can't ride in the Championship in 2018, presumably on the (roughly) same average.

Edited by Steve Park
  • Like 5

But they didn't have the rule in place last year

It's speedway..they like to change the rules up and confuse everyone.

• Like 5

Would love to sign a rider like Newman, real racer and doesnt give up. If we do have Kennett, Lawson, Ben and Zach we have riders who are good at home so we need the other three to be good on the road.

Well out of all the tracks still after riders..I would imagine you have a good chance of getting kyle as he scores very well on small tracks..and he wants to earn money.

Re: Scott Nicholls. I find it bizarre that he can guest in the Championship at the end of the 2017, but can't ride in the Championship in 2018, presumably on the (roughly) same average.

It's not complicated. Until last year he couldn't, this year he could have done and next year he won't be able to. This year was a case of fixing something that wasn't broken, as they're wont to do, in fact it made it worse by allowing more Premiership riders to double up in the Championship.

• Like 2

100% Morris to Lakeside

From the sound of it the Scott Nicholls uncertainty as really messed up Rye House plans

Farcical - a real 'chicken and egg'/'there's a hole in my bucket' scenario. Scott wants to ride in the Championship but cannot because he doesn't have a Championship average - to get one he needs to ride in the Championship. Isn't that what conversion rates were designed for?

I doubt if there is a more loyal servant of British Speedwáy than Scott. If they keep him out and let his peers in it will be one of shoddiest pieces of gross mismanagement this lot have ever been involved in

• Like 2

Lakeside promotion should know the rules surely. It may have mucked

Scouts up.

Like our promotion knew the rules this year....at the time of the sedge mountain sacking..... 🙃

Maybe Lakeside never wanted Scott. Anyway Ben is first rider confirmed, no shock with that one he should do a good job at reserve.