British Speedway Forum

Very impressive top 2 for Lakeside and fair play to them but the signing of Morris is exactly what's wrong with the sport in this country. A guy finishing 3rd in the Premiership can double down to the Championship is shocking to start with but to then potentially come in on a lower average than he would in the Premiership is a joke.

The double up rule was supposed to be about helping young Brits to develop, it's now basically anything goes.

You guys are only playing by the rules and fair play but it absolutely stinks that this can go on in the sport.

I take your point but the fact is there will be something like 40+ riders doubling up/down next season now that most of the foreign imports have gone. We simply don't have enough riders to go round unless we reduce the number of tracks,mAnd nobody wants to see that.

Try again. It's 3.21 x 1.3 = 4.17

Why 1.3? Is that new for next year? This year it was 1.2.

• Like 1

Why 1.3? Is that new for next year? This year it was 1.2.

It came to light at the Peterborough fans forum that it has been changed to 1.3.

Very impressive top 2 for Lakeside and fair play to them but the signing of Morris is exactly what's wrong with the sport in this country. A guy finishing 3rd in the Premiership can double down to the Championship is shocking to start with but to then potentially come in on a lower average than he would in the Premiership is a joke.

The double up rule was supposed to be about helping young Brits to develop, it's now basically anything goes.

You guys are only playing by the rules and fair play but it absolutely stinks that this can go on in the sport.

for me the lower average in the 2nd tier of british speedway just proves in my opinion that this league is actually tuffer and more competative

the tracks are different how many reserves last year in "championship" were scoring big points in the premership but struggled in championship

Enthusiasm building on here,is Cook now going to be looked at in a different light if he gets it spot on with the team building ??

Hes started team building very well dont think anyone can doubt that but you wont hear from his bashers yet Waco they find it impossible to say anything about him or the team when any praise is due but I am sure they will be back if a signing is announced that nobody likes ;)

Nick Morris was presumably allowed to ride in the 2nd Division last season because his lowish 2016 average for Swindon when multiplied by 1.2 put him lower than the other top riders in Division 2. Now having achieved a proper Div 2 average with Berwick and still being below the likes of Cook he is still allowed to ride. In 2017 his Swindon average when multiplied by 1.3 is now 11.33 which presumably would prevent him dropping down this season but because he did it last season the rules allow it. Very shrewd business by Lakeside but I would think the powers that be might be looking to prevent this happening in the future. Would say Scott Nicholls be allowed to drop down also on a converted average of 9.72.

Nick Morris was presumably allowed to ride in the 2nd Division last season because his lowish 2016 average for Swindon when multiplied by 1.2 put him lower than the other top riders in Division 2. Now having achieved a proper Div 2 average with Berwick and still being below the likes of Cook he is still allowed to ride. In 2017 his Swindon average when multiplied by 1.3 is now 11.33 which presumably would prevent him dropping down this season but because he did it last season the rules allow it. Very shrewd business by Lakeside but I would think the powers that be might be looking to prevent this happening in the future. Would say Scott Nicholls be allowed to drop down also on a converted average of 9.72.

Not quite sure what you are inferring that 'the powers that be' might be looking to prevent in the future. A CL average is a CL average, the issue surely is the conversion ratio to be applied when a rider does not have one. You cannot really have a situation where by circumstance/good fortune certain riders of a similar PL average can compete in CL whereas others cannot.

Edited by TonyE

It came to light at the Peterborough fans forum that it has been changed to 1.3.

it was probly changed to 1.3 from 1.2, because it should have been 1.25 in the first place, (50/40, or 40/50) do the sums.

Not quite sure what you are inferring hat 'the powers that be' might be looking to prevent in the future. A CL average is a CL average, the issue surely is the conversion ratio to be applied when a rider does not have one. You cannot really have a situation where by circumstance/good fortune certain riders of a similar PL average can compete in CL whereas others cannot.

The rules are what need looking at. Morris, Cook, Masters & Schlein's BPL averages multiplied by 1.3 puts them all above 10 for BCL purposes which ought to prevent them from competing at an easier level but if they are allowed to do so then the likes of Nicholls should be allowed to do so as well who has no real BPL average but whose BPL average multiplied by 3 is lower than any of the afore mentioned.

• Like 1

Looks like cook is splashing the cash.

What average will Adam Ellis be???

Looks like cook is splashing the cash.

What average will Adam Ellis be???

Too high I expect, 7.23 if his converted Premiership average is used. Also, I think he has too many continental commitments. Anyway here is my prediction:-

Nick Morris 8.72
Richard Lawson 8.65
Justin Sedgmen 6.17
Kyle Newman 6.10
Ben Morley 4.28
Zach Wajtknecht 4.17
Tom Brennan 3.61
Ben and Zach's averages are converted as neither rode in the Championship last season.

Too high I expect, 7.23 if his converted Premiership average is used. Also, I think he has too many continental commitments. Anyway here is my prediction:-

Nick Morris 8.72

Richard Lawson 8.65

Justin Sedgmen 6.17

Kyle Newman 6.10

Ben Morley 4.28

Zach Wajtknecht 4.17

Tom Brennan 3.61

Ben and Zach's averages are converted as neither rode in the Championship last season.

Swap Brennan and sedgmen for Ellis and Bowtell that fits! Having watched sedgemen this year at Ipswich Id go for Ellis over him every time

Zach Wajtknecht 4.17

Didn’t it used to be the case that you could drop back down a league on your old average, so Zach could return to the Championship on his 2016 Somerset average of 2.67?

Ellis will be in