British Speedway Forum
jenga

Workington 2018 .

Rene Bach's average anyone?????????

rene quoted as saying he would only ride for Glasgow or Newcastle ..

Best wishes to Dan at Workington a fantastic talent and a real down to earth kid.

Always got the feeling that Glasgow were his third priority last season but nobody can doubt his talent.

Workington hopefully will suit him more than us with him being local.

As long as STEVE is with him fine without him he can struggle still learning all the set ups

• Like 1

some nice comments there .

Really !! So you tell me what he does for this Promotion and Workington Speedway apart from slating off on here and getting the unofficial forum closed down :rolleyes:

i donated a piece of workington speedway history from my collection . it was going to be auctioned at the 2017 end of season doo .

it was close to my heart, but i thought someone could share a bit of speedway history ..

how much ? you cant put a price on a sentimental item from the past .. priceless i would say , but i gave it to a good cause .

so with the prem riders now being able to ride in the championship , what chance a cook return ?

so with the prem riders now being able to ride in the championship , what chance a cook return ?

Jon is already back with Lakeside

Their was no reason to stop COOK riding in the championship this year just don't want to

Their was no reason to stop COOK riding in the championship this year just don't want to

He will be back next year after he's out of the GP's ...

He will be back next year after he's out of the GP's ...

dont think any expect him to be a regular gp podium man

but he qualified

unlike all the other riders in the championship

the only 2 riders in history to qualify for gps while riding in british 2nd tier league both rode for the same team

WORKINGTON COMETS

could only ride for workington if the rules are the same as past

gp riders couldnt ride in the old prem unless they rode for the same club they were riding for at time of qualifiction

• Like 3

well workington speedway trust were the ones responsible for handing out the free tickets that regulars got slated for using

and i can actually state here that jenga brother who no longer goes to speedway had been given 4 tickets from someone and offered 3 off them to jenga

and on that day both myself and jenga refussed the tickets and paid

so thats 1 thing jenga has done better than so called speedway TRUST

Don't understand how handing free tickets out is one better over Jenga??? But my question was specifically directed at what has the "trust" done for Workington speedway? Handing out free tickets is surely just taking money out of the promotions pockets.

Don't understand how handing free tickets out is one better over Jenga??? But my question was specifically directed at what has the "trust" done for Workington speedway? Handing out free tickets is surely just taking money out of the promotions pockets.

You could give someone you know attends every week a free ticket for a friend who no longer attends or has never been to speedway, to try and tempt them back or to give it a try

• Like 1

The whole idea of free tickets is, when used properly, it might get new fans coming along on free tickets and a few of them may return, paying at the turnstiles, therefore actually generating extra cash.

Edited by Steve Park
  • Like 2

its worse exactly as they abused the trust of promotion as they gave them to regulars and took gate money away from promotion

jenga speaks his mind unlike some other fans

we all know theres problems with the attitude of certain people involved at workington thats not helpping things

You could give someone you know attends every week a free ticket for a friend who no longer attends or has never been to speedway, to try and tempt them back or to give it a try

When we do a show with a stand, bikes and a video, I always have free family tickets for a specific meeting or valid for say a month. In talking to the people it doesn't take much to identify if they genuinely intend to use them, or if they mention a friend or family who goes, they don't get the offer. Nothing pi$$es you off when smug fans walk in with a freebee ticket, but usually they are pulled up for to embarrass them. Real fans realise the point being made.

Edited by Tsunami
  • Like 1