British Speedway Forum
a4poster

Tactical Substitutes Question?

why dont we just try something different, you know, for a laugh, and stick to the topic - give the old abuse a rest

• Like 1

why dont we just try something different, you know, for a laugh, and stick to the topic - give the old abuse a rest

Here here!

quite agree Ch

Moxey - just accept you lied and tried a bluff and got found out.

Dave Jones - just accept you lost in 2010, and the people you defended have done nothing since.

End of for me CH958 - continue......

Just had a good read of this weeks Star and everything written about reverting to tactical substitutes in 2018 - not many references- is written as plurals.ie not A TACTICAL SUBSTITUTE but TACTICAL SUBSTITUTES. Why do the BSPA muddy the waters by not saying in full what has been implemented.

• Like 1

Just had a good read of this weeks Star and everything written about reverting to tactical substitutes in 2018 - not many references- is written as plurals.ie not A TACTICAL SUBSTITUTE but TACTICAL SUBSTITUTES. Why do the BSPA muddy the waters by not saying in full what has been implemented.

Because if they announced everything now we only be able to have one moan. By drip feeding up crap news we can moan all winter!

Because if they announced everything now we only be able to have one moan. By drip feeding up crap news we can moan all winter!

That would be tragically consistent with the way the BSPA PR tends to work.

That is true.

In addition the BSPA website refers to it as "... rolled back the years by bringing back the traditional tactical substitute when a team is six points or more"

And the Speedway Star says a "... return to tactical substitutes"

Are they just being disingenuous with the false inference that we are returning to past usage of tac subs.

And are just conning us again ?

Or do they really mean it ?

Tac Subs were ONLY EVER used in a system that alowed multiple use.

NEVER anything other.

Why the hell can't they just make stuff clear ?

Edited by Grand Central
  • Like 1

That would be tragically consistent with the way the BSPA PR tends to work.

That is true.

In addition the BSPA website refers to it as "... rolled back the years by bringing back the traditional tactical substitute when a team is six points or more"

Are they just being disingenuous with the false inference that we are returning to past usage of tac subs.

NEVER anything other.

The vice-chairman "why we ditched double" "the proposal to drop the double points and bring back tactical substitutes was to general acclaim, there was no dissent at all "

So which year have they rolled back to, when only one t/s was allowed.

That is true.

NEVER anything other.

Don't forget this is the same bunch that about 3 years ago claimed to have, "listened to the fans views" in regards to the TR and increased how far behind you had to be an how many you could use. Despite the fact the Speedway Stars poll said circa-85% wanted the rule scrapped (not tweaked). So an outright lie.

Grand Central wrote " Why the hell can't they just make stuff clear ?"

I add why can't they understand that some of us feel it's all smoke and mirrors or that they at the BSPA want to hide things and bury them in confusion. Getting back the confidence of existing fans and making sure that new fans ( who we might attract ) don't feel as if they they are not sure of what's going on ( or how the hell are things run ) is vital, really vital. Please BSPA try harder to make things in UK speedway much more transparent and more easily understood by all - fans, sponsors, riders AND promoters.

• Like 2

Moxey - just accept you lied and tried a bluff and got found out.

Err... ok.

Let's just move on then...

• Like 1

I would expect they still will. Minimum rides being one less than scheduled rides seems right.

I thought the pretty much unanimous consensus was that it was a cost saving measure as opposed to the ts rule it replaced?

It was a cost saver and one of the instigators I believe was Len Silver: I don't think Gordon Pairman is right at all, TS will be available to all seven riders if team is six points behind. Should make team managers earn their money.

I don't think Gordon Pairman is right at all

If you mean about only 1 use per meeting, Chris Louis says the following in his AGM round up; "It has been replaced by an old fashioned tactical substitution where you can replace a rider with one that is in better form or whatever and you can do that once between heats five and 14 excluding heat eight."

It was a cost saver and one of the instigators I believe was Len Silver: I don't think Gordon Pairman is right at all, TS will be available to all seven riders if team is six points behind. Should make team managers earn their money.

Looks like you are wrong I'm pleased to say.

If you mean about only 1 use per meeting, Chris Louis says the following in his AGM round up; "It has been replaced by an old fashioned tactical substitution where you can replace a rider with one that is in better form or whatever and you can do that once between heats five and 14 excluding heat eight."