British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
DC2

Scott Nicholls Not Allowed To Ride In The Championship?

On 27/11/2017 at 9:15 PM, SPEEDY69 said:

... Sounds like a great reward for the man given the outstanding contribution to British Speedway award this year. Sometimes the BSPA are astounding in their ineptness,this is British Speedway, start supporting British riders :mad:

Great rewards brought to you by the same organisation which prevented Scott Nicholls from competing in the SEC a couple of years back, thereby preventing him from getting a nice nest egg to retire on, shortly after which he "retired from international speedway" (or rather, he effectively told the BSPA what they could do)

So, with that bit of history in the background, who thinks that this will turn out well for Scott Nicholls?

• Like 1

On 01/12/2017 at 10:07 PM, DC2 said:

Nope, fair play to Prof Starman being a stickler for spelling and grammar. :)

Stickler?  It'd be nice.... if he constructed his sentences correctly. :rolleyes:

On 01/12/2017 at 5:29 PM, Starman2006 said:

Be nice if you could spell Nicholls properly.

It'd be nice.... 

Glass houses?  If you're going to pick people up on simple typos, you really do need to construct your sentences correctly.

On 11/12/2017 at 8:48 PM, uk_martin said:

Great rewards brought to you by the same organisation which prevented Scott Nicholls from competing in the SEC a couple of years back, thereby preventing him from getting a nice nest egg to retire on, shortly after which he "retired from international speedway" (or rather, he effectively told the BSPA what they could do)

So, with that bit of history in the background, who thinks that this will turn out well for Scott Nicholls?

Depends on exactly what he is prepared to do about it but it’s high time the BSPA were taken to task for some of the awful decisions they make.

How on earth can it be right that riders like Morris, Cook, Masters, Schlein and Harris etc can ride Championship but Nicholls & Kennett cannot despite having Premiership Averages lower than the aforementioned.

Either you stop riders with a Premiership Average in excess of 6.00 from riding Championship or scrap the rule entirely and allow all with the appropriate conversion.

• Like 9

Surely a better solution can be found to this ?

Why not for example only allow riders who ride solely in UK the opportunity to double up ? Or subject to a maximum of 1 other league ?  This would get around any discrimination issues basing it on being a British rider as this condition would be applied to any nationality.

I'm sure there are other workable alternatives out there, but certainly it seems for 2018, they aint budging.

Are riders still allowed to ride in all 3 leagues in the UK ? Now that's bonkers imo.

Rico :rolleyes:

Not sure how I feel about them changing the rules to fit Scott... on the one hand, he has been a fine servant for British speedway and deserves his chance to earn some cash, on the other hand, feel that the BSPA should grow a pair - they made a rule in the interests of the sport (I know that is a debatable point) and have then rolled over and amended it at the first sign of people being upset.

32 minutes ago, Cue Ball said:

Not sure how I feel about them changing the rules to fit Scott... on the one hand, he has been a fine servant for British speedway and deserves his chance to earn some cash, on the other hand, feel that the BSPA should grow a pair - they made a rule in the interests of the sport (I know that is a debatable point) and have then rolled over and amended it at the first sign of people being upset.

I think it's more likely the threat of lawyers and going to the Court of Arbitration that the change was made

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, Cue Ball said:

THE attempted rule was illegal and never accepted by the SCB but the BSPA stubbornly refused to accept the inevitable until now. It wasn't changed to fit Scott as it was never implemented in the first place.

• Like 5

41 minutes ago, Cue Ball said:

Its not so much whether the rule is right or wrong or good or bad , more the fact that less than a month before the start of the season the SCB/BSPA have only just sorted out what the rule is, and we apparently still don't have a rulebook, more than 3 months after the AGM.

• Like 1

that reminds me , i must go to Blackpool this year. always B)good for a laugh . :o

BREAKING NEWS

Mcdonalds have run out of chicken nuggets, they are now running the speedway scene in the U.K.

God help the sport ..

but more to the point scott needs the extra cash to top up his pension . K.F.C.s all round . err , maybe not ....

Edited by jenga

so will this mean scotty will finaly ride workington

he was booked years ago to do a few match races with a couple of comets riders

he never rode the offical reason given was it was a very cold night and they just wanted to get the meeting over and scott promised to return to earn his fee

hasnt happened so far

lets see if he returns with a team or they use r/r if he does actually sign for a championship team