British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
iand

Plymouth 2018

Bit staggering really as Leek doesn't do a great deal of competitive riding during the season and has no Plymouth connections as far as im aware. Missed trick really as i though Walker might be slotting in at reserve making a balanced team or if it was to be a 3 pointer Nethercott was a better shout?

On ‎21‎/‎12‎/‎2017 at 10:26 AM, TurnTwo said:

So far? 

1. Roynon 2. Andrews 3. 4. Henry Atkins 5. 6. 7.Andrews 

a strong reserve at home yes, an out and out number one, not sold on B Andrews and I think Atkins will struggle away from home in the main body of the team. Need a good 3 & 5 and could be a mid table team. 

But how do you get a good 3 and 5 with only 12.51 points?

Three Mid 4 pointers is an unusual way to build a starting team unless you have a Drew Kemp type on 3.0.

Be interesting to see how they complete the team but it looks like it may be another struggle this year as it was last year  before they had Roynan on a false average.

Tbh, a bit non-plussed with this team right now.

1 hour ago, Hunters said:

But how do you get a good 3 and 5 with only 12.51 points?

Three Mid 4 pointers is an unusual way to build a starting team unless you have a Drew Kemp type on 3.0.

Be interesting to see how they complete the team but it looks like it may be another struggle this year as it was last year  before they had Roynan on a false average.

This is what I thought but got shot down as Plymouth fans are happy with it. 

Btw Wilson & Walker fits. 

Edited by Islander15

4 hours ago, Islander15 said:

This is what I thought but got shot down as Plymouth fans are happy with it. 

Btw Wilson & Walker fits. 

Can't be Walker as his average is lower than Andrews, and Andrews is the reserve. Stab in the dark Cockle and Ryan Terry Daly fits

Very strange looking team 

1. Roynon 2. B.Andrews 3. RTD 4. Atkins 5. Cockle 6. Leek 7. R. Andrews

after the first month I see Andrews twins swapping. Not the strongest 3&5 in the world either. Rtd I have always rated as a rider that coul progress as a good number 3 but never delivers and I can’t work out why. 

39 minutes ago, Islander15 said:

Spot on iand! 

Whoever is the number 7 each month will end up having to take a lot of rides!

Just looked through the averages and could only find them 2 as a combination which fitted the team.

Both were pretty good last year at Plymouth. Team slightly stronger than last year, but with plenty of room for improvement.

The weak link appears to be Leek, the 1&5 are proven at this level, Atkins will improve, The Andrews twins will win races, RTD is RTD.

30 minutes ago, TurnTwo said:

Very strange looking team 

1. Roynon 2. B.Andrews 3. RTD 4. Atkins 5. Cockle 6. Leek 7. R. Andrews

after the first month I see Andrews twins swapping. Not the strongest 3&5 in the world either. Rtd I have always rated as a rider that coul progress as a good number 3 but never delivers and I can’t work out why. 

I can see RTD dropping down first tbh, either him or Bradley. It’s relying on Atkins improving as much as he did this year and stepping up to be a 3rd heat leader imo (especially at home). 

47 minutes ago, greyhoundp said:

The weak link appears to be Leek, the 1&5 are proven at this level, Atkins will improve, The Andrews twins will win races, RTD is RTD.

Teams without a Kemp,Edwards or possibly Flint at reserve are most likely to struggle.

The only rider I see stepping up once again should be young Atkins, Roynon + Cockle will be the back bone of this team at home and away.

I lost a lot of interest last year, so I'm fingers crossed for a better season this year.

It is good to have speedway in PLymouth for another season.

Roynon is an out-and-out No.1.     Not so impressed with Cockle, it depends how much his heart is in it.

Atkins can carry on improving and is one to watch, but after that the tail is very long.

The massive home track advantage may see Plymouth OK at home, but they'll take some huge pastings away from home.

2 hours ago, WalterPlinge said:

Roynon is an out-and-out No.1.     Not so impressed with Cockle, it depends how much his heart is in it.

Atkins can carry on improving and is one to watch, but after that the tail is very long.

The massive home track advantage may see Plymouth OK at home, but they'll take some huge pastings away from home. 

I agree due to their lack of heat winners.