British Speedway Forum
Mark

World Championship Pairs

1 hour ago, BWitcher said:

You really haven't seen much team riding if you think that was anywhere close to being 'the best' team riding.

What about this one below? Tomasz needed Watt to score 1 or 0. Full control during WHOLE race to keep Laguta in front of Aussie. Call it as you like but for me it is simply perfect team riding. ;)

• Thanks 1

How can it be perfect team riding when they aren't on the same team?

18 minutes ago, Grachan said:

How can it be perfect team riding when they aren't on the same team?

Well the 'opposition' rider Laguta played such a perfect inside line anchor role. He rode just as if he WERE a team mate.

All without prior arrangement i assume.

Edited by Grand Central

... And it's Davey Watt!

3 minutes ago, Grand Central said:

Well the 'opposition' rider Laguta played such a perfect inside line anchor role. He rode just as if he WERE a team mate.

All without prior arrangement i assume.

Exactly my point. And it is even more difficult then simple ride in pair with teammate after both made the gate and cover the track using fastest lines available.

30 minutes ago, krompa said:

What about this one below? Tomasz needed Watt to score 1 or 0. Full control during WHOLE race to keep Laguta in front of Aussie. Call it as you like but for me it is simply perfect team riding. ;)

What??

Firstly Watt is dropping further and further behind with each passing lap. 

Secondly Gollob is off in front.. It's Laguta who is the one who blocked Watt off on lap one.

There must be better examples?

The NSS is a great track and great stadium and hopefully it will be packed out tonight. I like the look of Team GB and should be capable of getting one of the top two positions. Sadly as with last Saturday night there will be teams with only two riders, the teams being Finland, Italy and France, if this competition is to work then part of that should be ALL teams must turn up with three riders, if they cant then they shouldn't be in the competition.

• Like 1

Are we talking about a ride that helps your team here,rather than the sense of riding as a pair for the team? 

23 minutes ago, krompa said:

Exactly my point. And it is even more difficult then simple ride in pair with teammate after both made the gate and cover the track using fastest lines available.

What is the Polish for Woosh!

7 minutes ago, screm said:

The NSS is a great track and great stadium and hopefully it will be packed out tonight. I like the look of Team GB and should be capable of getting one of the top two positions. Sadly as with last Saturday night there will be teams with only two riders, the teams being Finland, Italy and France, if this competition is to work then part of that should be ALL teams must turn up with three riders, if they cant then they shouldn't be in the competition.

Do you think it will be packed out on aTuesday night?!

7 minutes ago, iris123 said:

Are we talking about a ride that helps your team here,rather than the sense of riding as a pair for the team? 

It doesn't really qualify for either. Watt was never a threat in the race. For the brief time he was, Laguta shut the door, Gollob had no involvement.

8 minutes ago, screm said:

I would agree they shpuldn’ enter if they knew only 2 riders would be there.But...... maybe this was o.k’d by the FIM to get the comp started and maybe one or two countries initially thought they would have 3 riders,but for one reason or the other couldn’t get 3 there.And once in I don’t think you can just drop out anyway without risking a fine or ban.Maybe f-s-p can tell us the situation with Finland,but they have had financial problems of late i think

5 minutes ago, BWitcher said:

It doesn't really qualify for either. Watt was never a threat in the race. For the brief time he was, Laguta shut the door, Gollob had no involvement.

I was just wondering if Krompa thought Gollob had a good ride for his team,otherwise it doesn’t make much sense

12 minutes ago, BWitcher said:

Watch it again. Watt gated off 2 as good as Gollob but Gollob rode wide line to let Laguta cut to the inside. For lap and a half looked behind all the time to make sure Laguta is on the inside and in front of Watt and covered outside perfectly to stop any attempt of passing.