British Speedway Forum

On 12/27/2022 at 9:27 PM, bruno said:

Anyone know when the stars due this week 

Got my 31st Dec today.Up to date .Scotland.

Edited by Fromafar

I'm four copies adrift.... has the Jubilee Final been run yet? :rolleyes:

• Haha 3

20 minutes ago, Lefty said:

I'm four copies adrift.... has the Jubilee Final been run yet? :rolleyes:

No.They cancelled it because they thought Poole were going to win it.!!

Not had mine from newsteam for second week running. Dave's sent me an online copy tho so all good

3 editions delivered in last 2 days. By jove, I think i'm up to date again....

Was out all day yesterday got home at 8 and star was waiting so all up to date. Don't know if it was because Dave got onto newsteam or it would have come anyway. Sorted my New Years Eve night , speedway star and watching the Ronnie James Dio documentary on you YouTube. Dio , Dreamers never die. And a home made curry. Life's good lol

10 hours ago, bruno said:

Was out all day yesterday got home at 8 and star was waiting so all up to date. Don't know if it was because Dave got onto newsteam or it would have come anyway. Sorted my New Years Eve night , speedway star and watching the Ronnie James Dio documentary on you YouTube. Dio , Dreamers never die. And a home made curry. Life's good lol

Thanks for the tip.  Just finished reading about the late Ronnie's career with Rainbow esp the very excellent Long Live Rock & Roll album.  Will be revisiting the listening of Motorhead's seminal Ace Of Spades LP later (3 x LP vers hardbound w 40 page book - reduced from £54.99 to £29.99 in HMV sale :t:) later accompanied by a burger & plenty of drinkipoos.  Likely through headphones as girlf is out tonite - no need 'to behave' - may yet share the experience with the neighbours once all the fireworks start going off, which in Hull could well be around teatime:rofl:.  I'm not kidding.

Happy New Year to all in speedway :D....

Edited by martinmauger
Correct Pricing of Headbanging Heavy Metal :-)
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, martinmauger said:

Thanks for the tip.  Just finished reading about the late Ronnie's career with Rainbow esp the very excellent Long Live Rock & Roll album.  Will be revisiting the listening of Motorhead's seminal Ace Of Spades LP later (3 x LP vers hardbound w 40 page book - reduced from £64.99 to £29.99 in HMV sale :t:) later accompanied by a burger & plenty of drinkipoos.  Likely through headphones as girlf is out tonite - no need 'to behave' - but may yet share the experience with the neighbours once all the fireworks start going off, which in Hull could well be around teatime:rofl:.  I'm not kidding.

Happy New Year to all in speedway :D....

I saw the documentary at the cinema, it's well worth watching. Just hope the you tube quality is ok tomight

Four 'Speedy Stars' and one Steam Railway' mag arrived today. Now up to date.

Postie said the train strike was probably to blame for the delay in the one magazine! :rolleyes:

On 1/13/2023 at 5:59 PM, Lefty said:

Four 'Speedy Stars' and one Steam Railway' mag arrived today. Now up to date.

Postie said the train strike was probably to blame for the delay in the one magazine! :rolleyes:

My friend just back from oz January peter white speedway world 16 pages $7.95 a pop 7 newsagents to find a copy. By the way what steam mag arrived?

'Steam Railway' - on annual subscription its £3.90 for each monthly edition. Excellent pictures and articles.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Lefty said:

'Steam Railway' - on annual subscription its £3.90 for each monthly edition. Excellent pictures and articles.

I use to get that mag just get trackside now

Anyone still having delivery problems with the star. After having no problems for a few years with newsteam mine has been late 5 times out of the last 6 weeks. Dave's sent me a link which is great but getting a bit cheesed off having to get in touch with him every week. Even thought of cancelling my subscription which does no one any favours

Mine have all been arriving on time recently. Some very good articles, too. One on Mike Parker was very interesting, as is this weeks analysis of the Weston-Super-Mare fiasco.

• Like 1