British Speedway Forum
KevH

Lakeside Future In Serious Doubt

For next Friday's meeting , is there a taxi rank at Chafford Hundred train station ? If not does anyone have a local taxi firm number thanks ? 

Hi fella, there is a cab rank there and in the early evening there should be plenty of cabbies on the rank . If not however, try  Lakeside Taxis on 01375 383878 . 

There is a rank at the shopping centre too, but it is not always loaded with cabs. 

Is it not time to have a new thread  - something like Lakeside On The Move? I am not mocking the sadness of those fans who do not want it to happen but the Lakeside venue seems lost forever.

8 hours ago, Prince Regent said:

That's two matches in one night without any real home advantage. It won't be easy.

But better than the alternative.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Paulco said:

For next Friday's meeting , is there a taxi rank at Chafford Hundred train station ? If not does anyone have a local taxi firm number thanks ? 

No meeting at Lakeside next Friday ?

29 minutes ago, TonyE said:

But better than the alternative.

An expensive weekend for us fans attending both meetings. A discounted two meeting ticket might have boosted the crowd on Saturday.

21 minutes ago, liam said:

No meeting at Lakeside next Friday ?

Yes there is , the very last one 

Ok this coming Friday lol 

Edited by Paulco
  • Haha 1

53 minutes ago, cityrebel said:

An expensive weekend for us fans attending both meetings. A discounted two meeting ticket might have boosted the crowd on Saturday.

I am not sure a 9pm start on Saturday will attract too much travelling support.

Do Rye have a time curfew

3 minutes ago, bigcatdiary said:

Not that I know of, but there are houses on the other side of the river that are pretty close.

1 hour ago, Paulco said:

Yes there is , the very last one 

Ok this coming Friday lol 

Lol, didn’t want you coming down next Friday mate ha.

Potential disaster running two meetings on the trot with only six riders, that's a lot of wear and tear on the other six, our reserves could easily end up having 12 rides each over the course of the night if there are any further problems, rider replacement always means bigger gaps between heats with riders having two on the trot, we only have one man who can drive the tractors so grading breaks take longer, will Rye track staff be allowed to help or will Ken insist on doing everything himself as normal? grading and watering takes longer if there is only one man doing it.

We need to get these meeting on, I understand that, but a 7pm is really just not a sensible idea.

4 minutes ago, marko said:

Potential disaster running two meetings on the trot with only six riders, that's a lot of wear and tear on the other six, our reserves could easily end up having 12 rides each over the course of the night if there are any further problems, rider replacement always means bigger gaps between heats with riders having two on the trot, we only have one man who can drive the tractors so grading breaks take longer, will Rye track staff be allowed to help or will Ken insist on doing everything himself as normal? grading and watering takes longer if there is only one man doing it.

We need to get these meeting on, I understand that, but a 7pm is really just not a sensible idea.

Always a 6pm start for double headers at Rye when Len was running it.

1 hour ago, marko said:

So don't run R/R - I noticed the Comets had a guest for the unfortunate Dan Bewley so why not Lakeside? Given that it is at Rye - Nicolaj Busk Jacobsen springs to mind. I certainly agree running R/R is very risky.

Edited; As Kyle is not in our top three - R/R is the only option - damn. Better have a No, 8 on standby then.

Edited by TonyE

1 hour ago, bigcatdiary said:

Nope. I remember a double header finishing just before 11pm