British Speedway Forum
racers and royals

Kings Lynn v Poole Wednesday August 29th

22 minutes ago, waytogo28 said:

The Cooks of this world will not be 'doubling down" next season if the rumoured changes in league structures take place.

If by that you mean one combined league all I can add is 'Hallelujah' !

• Like 2

43 minutes ago, cinderfella said:

Can't see how you can argue that too much racing and travelling are poor excuses?
Have you noticed the number of crashes and injuries that occur as the season comes to an end? Fatigue both to riders and machinery should be more of a concern and carefully monitored.
In Brady's favour I will say that he at least appeared in Glasgow for the GB v Oz Test match whereas Mr Lambert has made a habit of missing trips North of the Border over the years.

He is 21 and he gets tired of too much travelling and too much racing, they are his choices and I don't suppose he does anymore than most other top riders.

I wouldn’t give up on Kurtz just yet, he appears to have the raw materials to be a very good speedway rider. Next year he could have a season like Lambert is having where everything clicks into place.

1 hour ago, foreverblue said:

He is 21 and he gets tired of too much travelling and too much racing, they are his choices and I don't suppose he does anymore than most other top riders.

Let's give him and other youngsters some credit.

They are not prima donna footballers flying out on private or team jets where yo are wizzed thru customs by a professional back up team. These guys normally have to make own arrangements via budjet airlines from airports which may be many miles away from where they a re staying. All the pain in the backside check in - Customs etc - then arrive and have to drive many miles to the track - stay in a budget hotel overnight and be up and out at stupid oclock to get to another Country. Just in Brady's case just imagine doing those 2 meetings Monday - off to and riding Sweden Tue and then up at stupid oclock to get back to UK (maybe Heath/Gatw as not many serve Swe) and then trek off to KL. 

I agree its their career choice, but its his first real season of Country hopping and must have some affect. I know I am knackered from travelling when just going on holiday so to do it  several times a week with all the hassle involved as we are a poor man's sport, plus  trying to constantly keep at top level.

Again just airing that it may be a big contributing factor to his in and out form in his first real year of constant commuting, although I don't disagree some of it with Brady my also be phsycological. Lambert has taken to it like a duck to water. I wonder if having his good looking girlfriend living in Germany may also be a help as when I have seen photos of them at xmas etc he looked happy and settled. Maybe Kurtz living out of temporary accomodation supplied by Middleditch and being far from homeland may also contribute.

2 hours ago, foreverblue said:

Brady keeps making excuses for his poor performances, in the paper he said he had only had one poor week! We should all get off his back and he is only 21. How old is Robert Lambert? Has Robert Lambert's form dipped? Too much racing and too much travelling are poor excuses, Kurtz will never make a gp rider because he is too inconsistent.

Exactly what I said to a Poole fan on twitter last night, but then I got called a 'Brady basher' and 'not a proper Poole fan', actually she got a bit crazy aggressive and had to get blocked! But apparently no one else thinks the way I do about BK. Also the Piratecast boys think Brady is a proper no1 cos he is riding at no1! :blink:

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, lisa-colette said:

Exactly what I said to a Poole fan on twitter last night, but then I got called a 'Brady basher' and 'not a proper Poole fan', actually she got a bit crazy aggressive and had to get blocked! But apparently no one else thinks the way I do about BK. Also the Piratecast boys think Brady is a proper no1 cos he is riding at no1! :blink:

Think it's safe to say he was only going to be a temp No1 till Noddy got his act together. Sadly for both Pirates and himself that never happened and both have suffered.
As a neutral I've got to say both Noddy and Kurtz looked the business in the GB v OZ Test Match

1 minute ago, cinderfella said:

Think it's safe to say he was only going to be a temp No1 till Noddy got his act together. Sadly for both Pirates and himself that never happened and both have suffered.
As a neutral I've got to say both Noddy and Kurtz looked the business in the GB v OZ Test Match

Agreed. Though if you are underperforming you should be able to take criticism, not act like a teenager!

7 minutes ago, lisa-colette said:

SOME fans are impatient. Many expected him to push on and be a proven number one for 2018 despite the fact he is not proven. 

Despite turning only 21 last September he was again being compared in some quarters to the next DW/CH which I think is grossly unfair. His form  dipped after he came back from injury but unfortunately for us he didnt quite drag it below that magic 8 point mark.

I think this season with all the riding and overseas travel this has been a big learning curve for him having to ride in both the Elite leagues in both POL & SWE plus UK. I think it is doing Poole a big favour seeing his av drop and together with both Woryna and Jakobsen also being on lower av than their true ability shows that they could have a real decent team next season. Especially if they also get back maybe both Holders who a re also well below 8.

Ultimatley Kurtz does have to step up to the plate but come on. The guy is 21 and will improve as he gets used to the busy Country hopping routine. Let's see what he is like come the end of NEXT season to see if he is going forward (or not).

9 minutes ago, cinderfella said:

Chris went on to be world champ, when Doyley left Poole and got a break from his injuries he also became world champ. Im not saying Brady will be world champ, but he will in time be a far better rider than he is now. He's a slow burner, and will improve, if he wants it badly enough.

The only rider for Poole from the starting line up to have done his job is Woryna.

Kurtz and Josh G the only 2 other survivors from the magnificent 7 at the start can both count themselves lucky to still ride for Poole.

Long term Kurtz might come good but he reminds me of Nick Morris , good but without the necessary ability to go that step further. Fricke is ahead of both and I would say Jack Holder has gone past both. Kurtz goes missing far to often at big points in the meeting and come play off time that will not help.

Poole are vulnerable to a side with 2 top class riders like NKI and Lambert or Doyle and Holder 

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Gavan said:

The only rider for Poole from the starting line up to have done his job is Woryna.

Kurtz and Josh G the only 2 other survivors from the magnificent 7 at the start can both count themselves lucky to still ride for Poole.

Long term Kurtz might come good but he reminds me of Nick Morris , good but without the necessary ability to go that step further. Fricke is ahead of both and I would say Jack Holder has gone past both. Kurtz goes missing far to often at big points in the meeting and come play off time that will not help.

Poole are vulnerable to a side with 2 top class riders like NKI and Lambert or Doyle and Holder 

Good sensible post, Gavan. I could get used to this! However, I was told that Josh G was never going to get sacked as he was always going to improve at some point during the season! 

18 minutes ago, Starman2006 said:

Chris went on to be world champ, when Doyley left Poole and got a break from his injuries he also became world champ. Im not saying Brady will be world champ, but he will in time be a far better rider than he is now. He's a slow burner, and will improve, if he wants it badly enough.

Also stopped being a party animal, think that had a lot to do with it

7 hours ago, STEVEHOLS54 said:

Based on the current updated GSA's after last nights match (see Poole website Pirates stats), I can't see the last match changing anything. For example Worrall too far behind Woryna so will probably stay at reserve in Sept/Oct. Harris/Kurtz only 0.10 in it but remember it is on a 20 match rolling av on GSA's so would have to  see a big shift to put Harris at No  1 in last match imo.

However find it interesting that imo the only 3 riders guaranteed for 2019 are starting to have interestingly low av for team building  2019. Kurtz on 6.80 - Woryna on 6.37 and Jakobsen sitting nicely on 4.96 after his 4 zero's last night. Gives Matt Ford option to get a TRUE heatleader and probably also get Holder Jr back for 2019 as he is Poole's asset and sitting on 7.23 after last night.

Of course much  depends on what the League set up will be for 2019 as well as team building points limit and will there be a one over 8 rule again. Even so the 4 named is a decent base as I can't believe the first 3 named (Kur/Wory/Jak) will be as low as they a re currently in 2019.

The updated rolling GSA's show Bomber 0.10 above Brady so subject to the final qualifying meeting v Wolves on Wednesday, Bomber could be at 1 for the 2nd leg of the semi-final on 1st October as well as for the final if we get there.  Relieving Brady of the Number 1 position will do wonders for his 'its all in his head' issues and will undoubtedly work to Poole's advantage, notwithstanding the reserves staying as per the September GSAs.

Just my opinion

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

10 minutes ago, Skidder1 said:

The updated rolling GSA's show Bomber 0.10 above Brady so subject to the final qualifying meeting v Wolves on Wednesday, Bomber could be at 1 for the 2nd leg of the semi-final on 1st October as well as for the final if we get there.  Relieving Brady of the Number 1 position will do wonders for his 'its all in his head' issues and will undoubtedly work to Poole's advantage, notwithstanding the reserves staying as per the September GSAs.

Just my opinion

Harris at #1 - good luck with that!

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Skidder1 said:

Just my opinion

As much as I like to watch Bomber,  I don't see him as a No 1 anymore.   Years ago he was up there with the rest,  but as years go by,  so has his consistency.    Still able to pull the rabbit out of the bag occasionally, but when  he is in those big heats,   he cannot be relied upon to bring the bacon home..    

I don't see Bomber at No 1 as a positive.      Poole didn't bring Bomber in as a leader.    All it will do is give Middlo more permutations to move Brady to a less  pressurised position.