British Speedway Forum
Bagpuss

Poole v King’s Lynn Premiership Grand Final 1st leg 08/10/18

40 minutes ago, Gavan said:

One cracking meeting from MPT and the Poole fans think he is going to bang in a big score at Poole lol

Poole reserves about 14 points and Lynns about 7. All about how well Iversen does. If him and Lambert can get say 25 and the reserves 7 then it’s up to the middle 3 riders to get 8–10 between them. If Iversen and Lambert only got about 20 then the pressure is on the middle order of Lynn

Not far out. MPT had a stonker at BV. But as he stayed at reserve and had the 6th best Lynn average despite being at reserve for a month.

Tonight R. Worrall 10 from 4 rides.

MPT 1 from 4......

Do you want to swap Starry lol

Edited by Bald Bloke

23 hours ago, foreverblue said:

Plenty of boozy weekends for you then! 

Of course not!    :drink:     ;)

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Bagpuss said:

One point for MPT at Scunny tonight for P’boro.

And Harris was last in his last ride at Edinburgh in heat 15 . Doubt either will be repeated next week

14 minutes ago, foreverblue said:

And Harris was last in his last ride at Edinburgh in heat 15 . Doubt either will be repeated next week

But he scored 9 :rolleyes: . Sort it out :lol:

Edited by Bald Bloke

6 minutes ago, Bald Bloke said:

But he scored 9 :rolleyes:

Yes but if he had scored a point in his last ride his team would have won the cup.  MPT scoring was terrible though but Klindt got zero the other day in the championship and Peterborough would still lost had MPT got double figures. Not sure previous scores means a lot.

8 hours ago, foreverblue said:

Yes but if he had scored a point in his last ride his team would have won the cup.  MPT scoring was terrible though but Klindt got zero the other day in the championship and Peterborough would still lost had MPT got double figures. Not sure previous scores means a lot.

If previous scores don't mean a lot, how can you say we have the best reserve in MPT. Imo the one with the highest average over the season will be the better rider. Who knows it maybe MPT, but at the moment it is Worrall ;)

Again all Poole fans can see is his score at Belle Vue.

There is a reason why MPT is reserve and unable to get in Lynns top 5 its his inconcistency.

As ive said MPT will probably get 7 or around that mark and Lambert might not even score, the only point he has scored this season was in a 3 rider race.

As ive said the issue for Lynn is if the Riss, Proctor and Jorgensen trio can get around 18-20 between them or be over run by Klindt , Woryna and Josh.

Depends on how much Lambert can outscore Harris by and wether Iversen can match Morris.

Poole reserve strength leads me to see a 10-12 point win

1 hour ago, Gavan said:

There is a reason why MPT is reserve and unable to get in Lynns top 5 its his inconcistency.

As ive said MPT will probably get 7 or around that mark and Lambert might not even score, the only point he has scored this season was in a 3 rider race.

As ive said the issue for Lynn is if the Riss, Proctor and Jorgensen trio can get around 18-20 between them or be over run by Klindt , Woryna and Josh.

Depends on how much Lambert can outscore Harris by and wether Iversen can match Morris.

I have seen MPT a few times this season and although not the best gater  which is probably why he is inconsistent but is a trier and never gives up, on his day certainly has the beating of our reserves.

Simon Lambert I wouldn't expect to score much but could pick up some points at home.

Riss has been a major plus for KL and a much better rider than Garrity who he replaced and can beat anyone on his day, Proctor is a good rider but not long come back from injury, he has got some good scores for Workington lately so that is good for KL, Jorgensen could be the key as like the semi he does blow hot and cold but he has a good season and can pull it out of the bag when needed. Overall though  I think Josh G,  Klindt  and Woryna should have the beating of Jorgensen, Proctor and Riss

Iversen as we all know is a top rider , not had a great season by his standards but usually goes well at Wimborne Road so I would expect him to score well in both legs but Morris can be good too so that contest should be fairly even whereas I would expect Ellis to struggle against Iversen at KL.

Robert  Lambert is almost unbeatable at KL and is usually very good at Poole too and has had a great season but if Harris rides like he did in heat 15 Monday we could be in for some thrilling races.

Overall should be a close contest and if Poole can take a 8 point lead to KL then it could be down to the last race at Saddlebow Road, I love the play offs they always deliver.

2 hours ago, Gavan said:

If only the playoffs were that easy to predict! One exclusion, fall, dodgy ref decision can turn a meeting on it's head. Staying focused in every heat is the key. Once a team gets complacent then they are done for. 

• Like 1

Statistics dont mean anything each meeting is different example palm toff one for peterbough last night0

2 hours ago, Gavan said:

I agree...….

I think the result down in Dorset will be a bit wider myself, but I hope not. Lynn need to keep it to 10. I'm thinking of around 52-38.

Klindt , Josh and to a lesser extent Woryna will be the key here. Lynn's engine room haven't been great away from home lately, and I can see Klindt and Josh outscoring Lynn's trio of TJ, Riss and Ty on their own.

Poole also have the edge at reserve.

I have MPT around 7 from 5, but he may well get 6 rides, who knows.

I'm sure the all the 7 Stars will be giving it 100%, and in speedway, anything can happen on the night. 48-42 would look good to me ;)

Looking forward to watching it and hope all riders stay safe for the return at Lynn:t:.

If Lynn score 40 I’ll be delighted.

21 minutes ago, Bald Bloke said:

I agree...….

I think the result down in Dorset will be a bit wider myself, but I hope not. Lynn need to keep it to 10. I'm thinking of around 52-38.

Klindt , Josh and to a lesser extent Woryna will be the key here. Lynn's engine room haven't been great away from home lately, and I can see Klindt and Josh outscoring Lynn's trio of TJ, Riss and Ty on their own.

Poole also have the edge at reserve.

I have MPT around 7 from 5, but he may well get 6 rides, who knows.

I'm sure the all the 7 Stars will be giving it 100%, and in speedway, anything can happen on the night. 48-42 would look good to me ;)

Looking forward to watching it and hope all riders stay safe for the return at Lynn:t:.

Your starting to sound like a Poole fan..:t:

7 minutes ago, Starman2006 said:

Your starting to sound like a Poole fan..:t:

Your worrying me now Starry :blink: 

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Bald Bloke said:

Your worrying me now Starry :blink: 

Dont be, i wont hold it against you.. Slowly people come round..;)