British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
allthegearbutnaeidea

Birmingham v Berwick 8/5/19

Start of the league campaign for Berwick away at Birmingham and after the two clubs very different starts to the season I think us Berwick boys should be going for a win here. Unsure on Flinty’s choice of guest for Jye but if he can get that right we will have a chance. Unless we are going with R/R? Gappmaier looked to have a good meeting at Birmingham last season which will be a massive bonus for us and Summers and Leon are former Brummies.

5 minutes ago, allthegearbutnaeidea said:

Start of the league campaign for Berwick away at Birmingham and after the two clubs very different starts to the season I think us Berwick boys should be going for a win here. Unsure on Flinty’s choice of guest for Jye but if he can get that right we will have a chance. Unless we are going with R/R? Gappmaier looked to have a good meeting at Birmingham last season which will be a massive bonus for us and Summers and Leon are former Brummies.

Leon rides Perry Barr as well as any reserve who will come there this season and will be warmly welcomed back. We are apparently making a couple of Team changes but will be done after the KOC Second Leg match so anything we can get out of this match will be a boost.

We have encountered 2 sides with strong Heat Leaders (Somerset and Eastbourne) so far and Berwick have the look of a more solid all round team - a bit more like ours so what where we may gain is more realistic hopes in Heats 13 and 15 - although what has been a strong heat (heat 2 in most meetings) may be tougher with Leon around.

We just need a win though from anywhere just to gee everyone round the place up.

This is going to sound a bit petty ,the Berwick Bandits website lists the fixtures but not the results or a link to point scorers or meeting report . In fact i cannot see them listed anywhere on there website . Petty i know but pretty annoying and yes i am fun at parties.

23 minutes ago, ProudtobeaBrummie said:

This is going to sound a bit petty ,the Berwick Bandits website lists the fixtures but not the results or a link to point scorers or meeting report . In fact i cannot see them listed anywhere on there website . Petty i know but pretty annoying and yes i am fun at parties.

You need to look harder!      Full reports on all matches, home and away with scorer details, are on club website.

Click on 'NEWS' on the top bar of the homepage, and fill your boots!

2 minutes ago, crescent girl said:

You need to look harder!      Full reports on all matches, home and away with scorer details, are on club website.

Click on 'NEWS' on the top bar of the homepage, and fill your boots!

There not listed and in amongst every other bit of news that is posted you have to go back pages i think you missing my point .

I certainly get your point about how much fun you must be at parties.

In my eyes, Berwick website gives the fullest match reports you could wish for from every meeting home and away -- I've just checked, to make sure they're there OK -- and as they fall in date order as they happen, it is pretty easy to follow.

Wednesday's meeting will be on the website the same night, all being well.

If the Bandits' site is providing too much information, then use the SGB website results, and download their centre-page results the day after each meeting?

You clearly do not get my point .Do not worry thanks for the response anyway.

For example click on this link you can quickly browse the scores all the on a results and fixture list .

http://www.birmingham-speedway.com/fixtures19

Nice and compact .It is clearly the best way to present your fixtures and results as virtually every sports teams website does do in such a way .

Edited by ProudtobeaBrummie

7 minutes ago, ProudtobeaBrummie said:

You clearly do not get my point .Do not worry thanks for the response anyway.

I get your point,it’s just Mr Barrie telling us that that he is right with everything,and if you want to disagree it’s our fault.Cleary there is no point of having a column for result if you have look elsewhere for it though:(

• Like 1

There will be live coverage of this match on BBC West Midlands 

• Like 1

The last time I saw Berwick compete at B'ham Doug and Willie Templeton rode for them : ))))) I think???

Bandits will unfortunately be without Coty Garcia for this one, following his broken-footrest crash on Saturday. 

3 hours ago, HGould said:

Leon rides Perry Barr as well as any reserve who will come there this season and will be warmly welcomed back. We are apparently making a couple of Team changes but will be done after the KOC Second Leg match so anything we can get out of this match will be a boost.

We have encountered 2 sides with strong Heat Leaders (Somerset and Eastbourne) so far and Berwick have the look of a more solid all round team - a bit more like ours so what where we may gain is more realistic hopes in Heats 13 and 15 - although what has been a strong heat (heat 2 in most meetings) may be tougher with Leon around.

We just need a win though from anywhere just to gee everyone round the place up.

Well, if we're making a couple of changes, I'd out Newman and a toss up between Morris or Thomsen ?

Bring in Ellis and Becker!!

Edited by GiveusaB

6 minutes ago, GiveusaB said:

Well, if we're making a couple of changes, I'd out Newman and a toss up between Morris or Thomsen ?

Bring in Ellis and Becker!!

Ellis and Becker for Thomsen and Newman/Paco would be amazing. Cant help think if Kyle was at number 6 he would score more than Paco has .

• Like 1