British Speedway Forum

Some interesting names among the donors I notice... haven't seen any rider names on there though, could be anonymous I suppose

I think it is tremendous how people have responded to this in just a few days, it proves just how much Brandon Stadium means to them.

• Like 2

Well its doing well, a shade over £17,000 this evening 19th July ,well on the  way to  the £20K target

• Like 1

Currently standing at £19,990!

Just a tenner to go

Target reached !  Just read some of the lovely comments from contributors which shows how much this place means to them.

Great stuff on reaching the target but I guess the more money that's raised the more options they have when selecting a barrister.

• Thanks 1

SAVE COVENTRY SPEEDWAY MEDIA INFORMATION
E-mail: pressoffice@savecoventryspeedway.com

THE Planning Inquiry hearing into Brandon Stadium gets underway on Tuesday September 19.
This follows on from the decision of Rugby Borough Council's Planning Committee last November, in which they unanimously refused the Brandon Estates planning application.
The developers then appealed that decision, and the inquiry will now take place over an 8-day period featuring speakers and witnesses from all parties.
There will be representatives from Brandon Estates, the Council (as they defend their decision to refuse the application) and from the Save Coventry Speedway & Stox Campaign Group as a Rule 6 party.
We will be providing witnesses from both speedway and stock car racing to give evidence on our behalf, and they will also be subject to cross-examination.
The process will be detailed and will cover a wide range of topics, and a final decision is not expected until several weeks after the inquiry.
However, the proceedings can all be followed via a livestream and we are sure many supporters will wish to make use of this facility.
The link for the session on Tuesday September 19 (from 10am) is as below, and subsequent days' streams will be available from the Rugby Borough Council YouTube channel.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Quacfny1d3c
We believe we have prepared thoroughly for this vital inquiry, and we look forward to hearing the evidence from all sides and having the opportunity to state our case in support of the Planning Committee’s original decision.
Edited by Gambo
  • Like 4

Best of luck to the campaign group starting Tuesday give those Brandon estates types a 5  -1 in every argument.

up the bees

• Like 3

Some interesting stuff coming out from Phil Morris in the hearing!

Over £1m a year to British Speedway from Eurosport! I think he said a year

Edited by iainb

Phil Morris... very impressive! Can you imagine Rob Godfrey stood up there!

• Like 5