British Speedway Forum

51 minutes ago, iainb said:

Yes, I listened to it again this morning and he did indeed say at least £1m a year is invested into British Speedway by Eurosport. Whether that means the clubs get to see the readies or not i don't know.

This makes me think quite differently about the value of Eurosport to our sport, it is quite clearly still very valuable. It may not be the top notch coverage that the speedway purist may want (but then what ever is?) but it is still a very valuable income stream to the sport.

Makes you wonder what Sky Sports & BT Sport were paying and where on earth they spaffed all the money?

I think most of it when into Terry Russell pockets 

Oh dear, the Sport England chap is having his arse handed to him on a plate :(

I would expect the £1 million includes all Eurosport production costs and the value of all adverts for the speedway programmes. 

It could well be that the teams share £100,000 and the rest of the £1m are the cost of production.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, iainb said:

Oh dear, the Sport England chap is having his arse handed to him on a plate :(

There is some very weaselly talk about what counts as participation. It's a bit of a blunt instrument being so literal.

I don't know why the Sport England guy was even answering ANY questions about Stock Cars when he himself said that Sport England don't recognise Stock Cars as a sport, he should have just said no comment

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, iainb said:

I don't know why the Sport England guy was even answering ANY questions about Stock Cars when he himself said that Sport England don't recognise Stock Cars as a sport, he should have just said no comment

He's tying himself up in knots, because the questions are rather disingenuous from Goat-face but he's trying to make the answer positive which sounds worse than just saying no.

• Like 1

Also the secrecy of speedway crowds coming back to bite. No figures at all. 

20 minutes ago, 40-38 said:

He's tying himself up in knots, because the questions are rather disingenuous from Goat-face but he's trying to make the answer positive which sounds worse than just saying no.

Phil Morris quoted Chris Louis that they had over 3000 for their ko Cup tie! And that Mondays rained off BV meeting had the largest advance sales ever.

I don't know who's called Sport England as a witness the Brandon Estates I assume!

Just now, iainb said:

I don't know who's called Sport England as a witness the Brandon Estates I assume!

Now trying to claim there's no reason Coventry couldn't co-exist at Leicester. The trouble is we're a unique motorsport being team based. 

3 minutes ago, Skidder1 said:

Phil Morris quoted Chris Louis that they had over 3000 for their ko Cup tie! And that Mondays rained off BV meeting had the largest advance sales ever.

Trouble is none of that's appeared in any of the official paperwork. No good relying on figures that aren't provided in official evidence. 

I hope his boss ain't watching!

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, iainb said:

I hope his boss ain't watching!

Either he's not on top of his brief or Sport England are rubbish. Maybe both. 

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

I really hope this isn't Dudley Wood repeating itself all over again.

At some point in their lives I hope these developers realise their money won't stop them from avoiding disease and they certainly cant take their money with them after recking so many communities.

Edited by Deano
  • Like 1