British Speedway Forum

33 minutes ago, 190557 said:

Why isn't someone pointing out the fact that a 3g pitch will be used by people ( mainly men) in their teens, twenties and maybe thirties?  Brandon Stadium will provide sporting entertainment for families with children of 5 years old and adults up to 95 years old.

Why isn't more being made of the fact that stock car racing is the big money earner at Brandon?  Why do they keep the discussion to Speedway?

Tell them that the National Ladies Academy will be based at Brandon...

That will tick another box...

24 minutes ago, Sir Sidney said:

You would hope that the SCS barrister will make great play of that. If Mr Edie has not really factored that in (and as far as I could hear, he confirmed that) then the barrister should be able to throw doubt on his whole assessment of Brandon stadium's vialbilty versus a 3g pitch. 

I hope the barrister might also make the point, amongst many others, that the participants in a Premier League football club are far out weighed by the number of supports who attend, and compare that as a parallel to 14 speedway participants in a meeting. 

I would think the SCS barrister will be able to challenge Mr Edie on much of his evidence, especially where it was inaccurate and where he speculated - using the 'who did you speak to to establish this evidence' approach, as the BE barrister did quite extensively

As I said this will be time for  SCS  man to show his metal Edies evidence is full of holes with plenty of statements made with nothing concrete to support them.

• Like 2

6 hours ago, SJA said:

That not what has been said. The main stand would be boarded up. 

Boarded up at the outset in the interest of safety so that meetings could commence as soon as possible. However, ultimately the stand would need to be demolished at the cost of the “new” owners. 

I don't get why Edie's "opinion" can be provided as "evidence" surely the only "evidence" of whether Coventry Stadium was/is viable is the "fact" that it did not go into administration

Edie's so defensive he's almost giving his evidence from outside the room :D

• Like 3

Strong start by the SCS Barrister this morning.

• Like 4

Thank God for Oxford is all I can say... a lot of the SCS evidence points to the success of the Oxford return!

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, SJA said:

Strong start by the SCS Barrister this morning.

This guy is doing well. Is he not the councils barrister though ?

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Toady said:

This guy is doing well. Is he not the councils barrister though ?

He is... a bit too friendly compared to Mr Goatley for my liking. Edie is defending himself quite well though.

I'm surprised that as they keep saying the 3g pitch would probably be funded by Sky Blues in the Community, nobody's mentioned that Covenrty City went into administation in 2013, the very argument they are using to argue against the viability of Speedway!

Edited by iainb

7 minutes ago, iainb said:

He is... a bit too friendly compared to Mr Goatley for my liking. Edie is defending himself quite well though.

I'm surprised that as they keep saying the 3g pitch would probably be funded by Sky Blues in the Community, nobody's mentioned that Covenrty City went into administation in 2013, the very argument they are using to argue against the viability of Speedway!

Far too friendly. Edie is making a lot of "small chance" of a bad outcome, but that's irrelevant, a chance is a chance. Goatly would have been all over Speedway about that.

• Like 1

Uh-Oh! Somebody's in trouble when Edie gets back to his office :D

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

"Available data evidence". Wow. Let's not bother doing any proper, in-depth research into the state of speedway (or, it seems, stock car racing). How much has the bald guy got paid for putting together such a surface-skimming analysis?

Edited by Piotr Pyszny

Interesting to hear the council's Labour group representative say, applying accepted criteria, there is no need for more housing, or a 3G pitch, in the local (presumably, Brandon/Binley Woods) area. The Labour group, he says, supports retaining sporting and cultural assets (such as Brandon Stadium).

Edited by Piotr Pyszny
  • Like 2

The unwell Steve Rees's evidence is likely to be of great importance. He has reinstated a stock car track at a stadium (Bradford), and the reopening there has been a success.

I see 'POETS Day' applies in local government! Heading home before three o'clock on a Friday.

Edited by Piotr Pyszny
  • Haha 1