British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Sidney the robin

Thursday 08/08/19. Premiership . Swindon. V Wolverhampton.

36 minutes ago, Wolfie456 said:

Our next away match is even bigger think belle Vue running out of steam and if Swindon do us a favour on Monday then its game on again.We have to win at Belle vue sometime.

I agree it's not merely about 4th is it? aces living precariously 

3 hours ago, Sidney the robin said:

Do you believe the theory that Leigh never had that killer instinct to be world champion Dog.? I dont buy that really to be around Ricko/ Jason and hold his own was a real feat Leigh was class on a bike awesome style.

Leigh wasn't nicey nicey all sugar and sweetness when it came to anything! Top bloke but could be ruthless when needed and very shrewd off track 

Great result for Swindon. I was following updates after getting drowned out in the Poole car park.

Some very interesting fixtures coming up in the next few weeks. I hope Poole and Swindon get their play-off places as it'll be good for the southern tracks.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Wolfie456 said:

Our next away match is even bigger think belle Vue running out of steam and if Swindon do us a favour on Monday then its game on again.We have to win at Belle vue sometime.

Aces saving grace is points on the board already. I think only one of Swindon and Wolves will make the top 4 personally.

However if they put up the same fight that they did last night you have to believe we stand a chance of getting a result at the NSS. Just can’t see it tho.

3 minutes ago, stevebrum said:

Aces saving grace is points on the board already. I think only one of Swindon and Wolves will make the top 4 personally.

However if they put up the same fight that they did last night you have to believe we stand a chance of getting a result at the NSS. Just can’t see it tho.

I actually think the Wolves septet looks the strongest of all on paper even with another change in riding order come September. Unfortunately though meetings aren't run on paper.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Skidder1 said:

I actually think the Wolves septet looks the strongest of all on paper even with another change in riding order come September. Unfortunately though meetings aren't run on paper.

Yes indeed that’s the story of our season! 

4 hours ago, auntie doris said:

Leigh was also superb, a better team rider, but never led Robins to title, or was world champ.

Only cos Leigh's average was so high, bit like Crump and BV 

3 hours ago, Rob B said:

He’s not top of the averages, Batchelor has higher average than him! Doyle currently averaging 8.32 this season which is poor for a rider of his standard.

Not CMA average though, Doyley is top, according to Star. Doyle, Batch, Fricko, Bjerre.

Edited by auntie doris

27 minutes ago, auntie doris said:

Not CMA average though, Doyley is top, according to Star. Doyle, Batch, Fricko, Bjerre.

Yes but CMA includes rides from 2018. Batch is top on 2019 rides, which tends to show that Doyley has been at his best all this season.

The Star's averages surely include all fixtures - some of which are not included in the official Greensheet averages which are onthe BSPA website and are updated after 23rd of each month for the start of the following month.

If Batch had been higher than Doyle then he would have to ride at 1.

Edited by Skidder1
  • Like 1

Both great riders, but if I wanted a result in heat 15 the craggy faced skip would step up to the plate.

13 minutes ago, auntie doris said:

Both great riders, but if I wanted a result in heat 15 the craggy faced skip would step up to the plate.

Exactly. I wonder how many times he has won heat 15 this year when we have needed a result to confirm a win or a losing bonus point.

• Like 1

54 minutes ago, Skidder1 said:

The Star's averages surely include all fixtures - some of which are not included in the official Greensheet averages which are onthe BSPA website and are updated after 23rd of each month for the start of the following month.

Correct in the Star includes all meetings including cup meetings and also include bonus points. 

Official green sheet averages are rolling averages so include meetings from 2018 too that’s why Batchelor not at number 1 currently.

In 2019 league meetings before last night Doyle 8.32, Batchelor 8.68.

The point is people have been comparing him to Adams, Briggs, Crump etc, those riders regularly had 10 point averages in lot tougher leagues.

Doyle is an 8 this year in a poor quality league.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Rob B said:

Correct in the Star includes all meetings including cup meetings and also include bonus points. 

Official green sheet averages are rolling averages so include meetings from 2018 too that’s why Batchelor not at number 1 currently.

In 2019 league meetings before last night Doyle 8.32, Batchelor 8.68.

The point is people have been comparing him to Adams, Briggs, Crump etc, those riders regularly had 10 point averages in lot tougher leagues.

Doyle is an 8 this year in a poor quality league.

So do you reckon Batch will be at 1 come September?  Cos I don't!!

1 hour ago, Skidder1 said:

Batch's average this season is higher than Doyle's but GSA is over their last 20 rides, which then go's into 2018 rides. We were talking about the average for this season not the GSA.