British Speedway Forum
tellboy

King's Lynn v Wolves 15/08/2019

2 hours ago, Arthur54 said:

So if he losses the appeal, could miss the GP challenge 

The ban only affects his British clubs tho?

2 minutes ago, stevebrum said:

The ban only affects his British clubs tho?

If his licence is suspendd he cant ride anywhere - how do you think the Poles get away with stopping their riders travelling to certain fixtures

12 hours ago, AlexBrady said:

Interesting news via the EDP - Cook is appealing and therefore is free to ride tomorrow, so Grajczonek is now guesting for Lambert and Cook is free to ride until he’s had a hearing with the SCB! 

Utter disgrace. How can the line up be changed. Team declarations go in days beforehand. Although perhaps the appeal was already in and the typical mushroom PR was just in motion and he was always named.....

3 hours ago, gustix said:

That situation happened to a footballer. He appealed his ban, a hearing upheld it - and increased the ban. But then football is a REAL sport!!!!

Bans have been increased in the past when appealed, could quite easily decrease though. 

21 minutes ago, dontforgetthefueltapsbruv said:

Utter disgrace. How can the line up be changed. Team declarations go in days beforehand. Although perhaps the appeal was already in and the typical mushroom PR was just in motion and he was always named.....

Would this not be the same though as a double up rider in previous years having a clash but the meeting he should have ridden in getting rained off and he has time to get to the other meeting for which he wasn’t declared?  I’d have thought if a rider in a team’s 1-7 becomes available for whatever reason then that should override any facility already declared. 

2 hours ago, Bagpuss said:

There is a reason the team hasn’t won away this season (apart from the Elite Shield thingy at your place which doesn’t really count) and that’s because it’s not great. Probably down to Buster making his money go three ways as much as anything else. Anyway coping without one top rider rather than two is quite different, but now Cook is riding Id have gone with R/R as it worked well last week. 

I think you probably know the answer to your last sentence! 

I keep forgetting RL is out as well, don't know why! 

26 minutes ago, dontforgetthefueltapsbruv said:

I thought the deadline was 24 hours before?

Craig is available to ride tonight and so he should . i presume josh is also riding in place of robert lambert

Hopefully with Cookie riding the Stars can take all  the league points tonight , and send Wolves away empty handed. Got to hope Nik Poorthing rides better than he did Monday at Wolves .

Is there anyone going to this meeting who would be able to text updates to the Update site? If so, could you please send me a private message which includes your mobile number.

Thanks

1 hour ago, ray c said:

Craig is available to ride tonight and so he should . i presume josh is also riding in place of robert lambert

Yes Josh has been switched to covering for Lambo, now Cookie rides.

If I was Peter Adams, I would only allow Wolves to ride 'under protest'!!:rolleyes:

Just now, Skidder1 said:

If I was Peter Adams, I would only allow Wolves to ride 'under protest'!!:rolleyes:

why that then ?

2 hours ago, lisa-colette said:

I keep forgetting RL is out as well, don't know why! 

Cracked/broke a bone top of the spine in that crash in Toliggati, SON meeting didnt he.

5 minutes ago, Skidder1 said:

How can he? Craig has appealed. It might well end up costing him more in the long run, but he is not breaking any rules with the appeal.

Edited by Bald Bloke