British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
George Dodds

Berwick v Birmingham Saturday 24 August, start 7pm

Slick and dusty me thinks, its going to be a nightmare to get any moisture into the track as Berwick rangers are at home so there will be no chance of watering from middle of the morning to just a couple of hours before racing starts.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/weather/2655819

17 minutes ago, screm said:

Slick and dusty me thinks, its going to be a nightmare to get any moisture into the track as Berwick rangers are at home so there will be no chance of watering from middle of the morning to just a couple of hours before racing starts.

Just how Dany likes it;)

• Like 1

17 hours ago, screm said:

In the words of that Don McClean classic Stoory  Stoory night :D:D

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

Birmingham`s Nick Agertoft has been ruled out of tonight's meeting, William Lawson comes in as a guest.

Berwick will hit 60.

Well they had to dig deep and did it without their top two riders (and with the captain still in a lot of pain after Wednesday night), but Berwick capped off an excellent eight days with another win. Dany Gapp and especially Jye did a lot of good work. Berwick continue to climb the table.

Having seen him come through the NJL ranks I would like to see somebody give Josh Embleton a place in the National league to help his development. He didn't score tonight but also wasn't far off the pace. Jason Garrity always gives 100% and Adam Ellis showed how much he has improved in the past couple of years. 

• Like 1

A very enjoyable meeting tonight with some close good racing Track wasn’t as dusty as I’d expected with football being on and a hot day Nasty crash in heat one which makes you think would Arron have walked away if it had been an air fence he hit at full speed 

10 minutes ago, Tellitasitis said:

A very enjoyable meeting tonight with some close good racing Track wasn’t as dusty as I’d expected with football being on and a hot day Nasty crash in heat one which makes you think would Arron have walked away if it had been an air fence he hit at full speed 

Not sure I was at the same meeting,but I’m glad you enjoyed it.

I’m afraid I didn’t,I was not trying to be rude by way, just expressing my thoughts.Sorry if it came across that way.

11 minutes ago, Fromafar said:

I’m afraid I didn’t,I was not trying to be rude by way, just expressing my thoughts.Sorry if it came across that way.

Were all entitled to an opinion no offence was taken

9 hours ago, Fromafar said:

Yes it all about opinions  Sadly some folks glass is always half empty but that is what Brits are like    I really enjoyed the meeting

• Like 1

Thought this would be a big win until the first bend of the first lap when Spud hit the fence, thought he was coming over the fence glad to see him walk away. Feared the worst after that but to a man (and a lad) they all pulled their weight, Kev having some gremlins as well. Never going to be a classic and Brummies enforced changes weakened them some good races from The Hero and Ellis, when Garrity on track its hard not to watch him, all in a very good team performance roll on next Saturday night. 

Decent enough meeting and credit to the five Berwick riders for winning so comfortably. Great to see Aaron get up from his Ht1 crash, that was a frightening one and it was no surprise to see him with draw from the meeting. All Berwick riders contributed while Birmingham's main threat came from Adam Ellis and when he sat still at the start Tero Aarnio. Last night's win moves Berwick up one place in the league to eighth level on the same points with Scunthorpe.