British Speedway Forum
lisa-colette

Ipswich vs Poole 29/08/19

3 minutes ago, acef said:

A point at Peterboro may well be enough for BV now?

That's assuming that the witches score no more points

Yes if Ipswich lose against Swindon then a point should be good enough for Belle Vue at Peterborough

• Like 1

Should have been 4 away points but let's not be greedy so I'm more than happy with 3!  For lots of reasons a satisfying win.

Well done the Poole boys.

• Like 1

Ipswich are gone. Dead. Finished. Swindon will slaughter the Witches. Poole would have come away with 4 points tonight had Josh been riding. Heeps was missing but his form has gone the same way as the rest of that side.

But let’s be honest here. With the form Swindon are in, there’s really no stopping them from going unbeaten through the rest of the season including the playoffs. Can’t see anyone getting near them on their current form. And Swindon fans know this as well. Only thing to stop them is injury and I wouldn’t wish that on them.

Edited by Steve Shovlar

NKI did his job but the rest seem to be lacking in certain quarters. Oh well always next year and history repeats itself. The glory days really have fled the heath and no matter what CL tries on the track the aspirations are thwarted by mediocrity and also rans and I am not referring solely to tonight but over the season where the likes of CH should have been shown the door but perhaps he has a ‘golden handcuffs ‘ clause in his contract. Either way, apart from a miracle, the witches have shot themselves in the foot. Still we always have the 16 Lapper unless they bottle that one as well. Where has it all gone so badly wrong both in terms of status as well as meetings. 

2 minutes ago, Steve Shovlar said:

Ipswich are gone. Dead. Finished. Swindon will slaughter the Witches. Poole would have come away with 4 points tonight had Josh been riding. Heels was missing but his form has gone the same way as the rest of that side.

But let’s be honest here. With the form Swindon are in, there’s really no stopping them from going unbeaten through the rest of the season including the playoffs. Can’t see anyone getting near them on their current form. And Swindon fans know this as well. Only thing to stop them is injury and I wouldn’t wish that on them.

Can't see Swindon beating Wolves over two legs ..thou Swindon are good it's a poor match up  for them 

10 minutes ago, Steve Shovlar said:

Ipswich are gone. Dead. Finished. Swindon will slaughter the Witches. Poole would have come away with 4 points tonight had Josh been riding. Heels was missing but his form has gone the same way as the rest of that side.

Wolves are the only team that I think are capable of stopping the rocking robins - if they make the playoffs IMHO.

Edited by Steve0
  • Like 3

Oh well that's Gavan dissapeared of the face of the earth again 

• Haha 2

4 minutes ago, Steve0 said:

Wolves are the only team that I think are capable of stopping the rocking robins - if they make the playoffs IMHO.

Your top 5 have all clicked at the same time and reserves scoring a few as well. Robins will win both legs of final no matter who they race against. IMO.

2 minutes ago, Arthur54 said:

Oh well that's Gavan dissapeared of the face of the earth again 

No he will come on saying if Heeps wasn’t injured they would have cruised it. :lol:

I hope we drop back down next year the so called top league can have its 4TT each week. Credit to Buster for keeping it alive this year but can’t see Peterborough staying in this league. Change the championship with no double uppers/downers and let the clubs ride on what night they want as shouldn’t affect Poland or Sweden.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Steve Shovlar said:

Your top 5 have all clicked at the same time and reserves scoring a few as well. Robins will win both legs of final no matter who they race against. IMO.

Come on Steve.. You said Poole didn't stand much of a chance tonight, when some, including me and the bookies thought otherwise . You don't have to play down Pooles chances in almost every meeting ya know ;)

Swindon's top 5 clicking now don't mean they will in the play offs. Look at Klindt tonight. People were saying his form/ scores where dropping, and he does that tonight.

Theres a little way to go yet. Poole/ Swindon final for me. 

Edited by Bald Bloke
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, Hawk127 said:

The glory days really have fled the heath and no matter what CL tries on the track the aspirations are thwarted by mediocrity and also rans .

Maybe they should try to water the track during the meeting.... 

I just don't get why it isn't watered,,, every track I visit gets watered.  Wish someone would explain to us. 

1 hour ago, Bald Bloke said:

Come on Steve.. You said Poole didn't stand much of a chance tonight, when some, including me and the bookies thought otherwise . You don't have to play down Pooles chances in almost every meeting ya know ;)

Swindon's top 5 clicking now don't mean they will in the play offs. Look at Klindt tonight. People were saying his form/ scores where dropping, and he does that tonight.

Theres a little way to go yet. Poole/ Swindon final for me. 

Yes, he does have to play it down. Cos when he doesn't we lose a la Swindon and Wolves. Although Steve's tweets are good earlier:

H7 - THJ is the r/r - 'god help us....'

H7 result - 'god has helped us...'

:rofl:

10 minutes ago, Baldyman said:

I just don't get why it isn't watered,,, every track I visit gets watered.  Wish someone would explain to us. 

Maybe cos the bloody fans keep moaning about 'tractor racing'??