British Speedway Forum
maneacat

Peterborough V Swindon Monday 9/9/19

13 minutes ago, A ORLOV said:

The moving of bends 1 and 2 have been moved in ( westwards) that is part of the development, inorder for housing to be built over the entire site .

TR would have paid for the widening of the straights and bends 3 and 4. 

I know its against forum rules to alter a post but I know you are alright Orlov and won't take offence. I've corrected your post so it now reads what is really going to happen to the stadium.

7 minutes ago, thecoombdog said:

I know its against forum rules to alter a post but I know you are alright Orlov and won't take offence. I've corrected your post so it now reads what is really going to happen to the stadium.

I will have a bet with you that that will not happen.

43 minutes ago, A ORLOV said:

I will have a bet with you that that will not happen.

I like you Orlov so wouldn't want to take money off you. I really hope you can say I told you so at some point in the future but I just can't see it. Too many delays and no action.

30 minutes ago, Steve Shovlar said:

Good old Muddlo 

When he decides to leave the comfort of the seat at Poole, where has been handed the best riders by Ford year after year,........and takes another club to the title then he can take the rise out of others.

Rosco has won the league with 2 different clubs and so has Pete Adams...........come on Muddlo time to show how good a manager you can be on limited resources

1 hour ago, A ORLOV said:

The moving of bends 1 and 2 have been moved in ( westwards) that is part of the development, inorder for housing to be built on the present car park .

TR would have paid for the widening of the straights and bends 3 and 4. 

Terry Russell always referred to the work being done by “‘my contractors” & as thcoomdog said previously I’m also sure I have read/seen him say he spent £50k on the reshape of the track. 

Edited by hyabb17

I hope orlovski is right.

42 minutes ago, Gavan said:

Good old Muddlo 

When he decides to leave the comfort of the seat at Poole, where has been handed the best riders by Ford year after year,........and takes another club to the title then he can take the rise out of others.

Rosco has won the league with 2 different clubs and so has Pete Adams...........come on Muddlo time to show how good a manager you can be on limited resources

Middlo will never leave Poole to manage another club, he is a one club man and at Poole we are all very grateful to have such a nice person to manage our team.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

19 minutes ago, hyabb17 said:

Terry Russell always referred to the work being done by “‘my contractors” & as thcoomdog said previously I’m also sure I have read/seen him say he spent £50k on the reshape of the track. 

I saw that the work was being done y his contractors, as we did not want the cock ups they had at BV, but the majority of the costs would fall on Stadia.

But even with his contractors, part of bends 1 and 2 had to be dug up and relaid. 

Edited by A ORLOV

55 minutes ago, Gavan said:

Good old Muddlo 

Peter Adams has won it with 3 different clubs, Coventry, Cradley and Wolves.

• Like 1

55 minutes ago, Gavan said:

Good old Muddlo 

In fairness I think we were all thinking the same when the riders were announced for heat 15!

Rasmus and Doyle I could understand, Ellis looked quick however 4 races between his last heat was a big ask.

2 hours ago, stevebrum said:

The 1st bend rule isn’t that clear either. But since when have rules meant to be understandable in Speedway? 

Correct me if I’m wrong but it’s not that ‘The 1st bend rule’ isn’t that clear, it just doesn’t exist does it ?

As far as I can see, the rules relating to heat stoppages are all in regulations 15.5 and subsections:

15.5 The Referee, alone, may stop a heat, following an incident or accident, by showing the "stop" Signal if in their opinion it would be dangerous to allow the heat to continue. Alternatively, the Referee disqualify a rider, where the offence committed may include allowing both wheels of the motorcycle to cross the inner edge of the track unless such action was for another Rider’s safety, or for receiving outside assistance, including communication to/from the Pits, 3rd party physical contact with the motorcycle or rider, regardless of whether it assists the rider or not, or is lapped, in which case the disqualified rider must withdraw immediately from the course, yet allow the heat to continue
15.5.1 Where a heat is stopped, the Referee shall disqualify the rider, who in their opinion is the primary cause of the stoppage, has indulged in foul, unfair, dangerous or reckless conduct that’s jeopardised the fair chance of an opponent. In certain circumstances, that may include disqualification from the rest of the Meeting, with no facility allowed in a team meeting.
15.5.2 Where a Referee stops a heat, and the leading Rider has completed at least 2 laps, then they have the sole discretion to either order a re-run or award the heat based upon the positions when it was caused to be stopped; Riders, other than the one disqualified being advanced one place.
15.5.3 A rider, unable to cross the finishing line, when the leading Rider has done so or the heat has been awarded, as a result of foul, unfair or dangerous riding on the part of another Rider shall be deemed to have finished in the position he held immediately prior to the foul, unfair or dangerous riding, as also shall a rider who has deliberately laid down his motorcycle, or has left the course in the interests of safety;

There is no reference to bend 1, therefore using the logic that there is some unwritten discretion for the referee to put all 4 riders back (for a bend 1 incident) who’s to say that the discretion shouldn’t apply to the rest of the race ?  

Rosco was wrong to say that there is a rule that allows a referee to put all 4 riders back, there is no such rule to allow this at any time.

I thought there was a rule about an 'unsatisfactory start'?  This is what is used to call all of them back for a first bend incident as they interpret the start line until the exit of bend 2 as 'the start'.

1 minute ago, woofers said:

Correct me if I’m wrong but it’s not that ‘The 1st bend rule’ isn’t that clear, it just doesn’t exist does it ?

As far as I can see, the rules relating to heat stoppages are all in regulations 15.5 and subsections:

15.5 The Referee, alone, may stop a heat, following an incident or accident, by showing the "stop" Signal if in their opinion it would be dangerous to allow the heat to continue. Alternatively, the Referee disqualify a rider, where the offence committed may include allowing both wheels of the motorcycle to cross the inner edge of the track unless such action was for another Rider’s safety, or for receiving outside assistance, including communication to/from the Pits, 3rd party physical contact with the motorcycle or rider, regardless of whether it assists the rider or not, or is lapped, in which case the disqualified rider must withdraw immediately from the course, yet allow the heat to continue
15.5.1 Where a heat is stopped, the Referee shall disqualify the rider, who in their opinion is the primary cause of the stoppage, has indulged in foul, unfair, dangerous or reckless conduct that’s jeopardised the fair chance of an opponent. In certain circumstances, that may include disqualification from the rest of the Meeting, with no facility allowed in a team meeting.
15.5.2 Where a Referee stops a heat, and the leading Rider has completed at least 2 laps, then they have the sole discretion to either order a re-run or award the heat based upon the positions when it was caused to be stopped; Riders, other than the one disqualified being advanced one place.
15.5.3 A rider, unable to cross the finishing line, when the leading Rider has done so or the heat has been awarded, as a result of foul, unfair or dangerous riding on the part of another Rider shall be deemed to have finished in the position he held immediately prior to the foul, unfair or dangerous riding, as also shall a rider who has deliberately laid down his motorcycle, or has left the course in the interests of safety;

There is no reference to bend 1, therefore using the logic that there is some unwritten discretion for the referee to put all 4 riders back (for a bend 1 incident) who’s to say that the discretion shouldn’t apply to the rest of the race ?  

Rosco was wrong to say that there is a rule that allows a referee to put all 4 riders back, there is no such rule to allow this at any time.

It’s interesting how what appear clear rules have been accepted as only after 1st bend incident requires an exclusion.

I guess it’s been accepted that 4 riders going into the 1st bend together may cause a crash or incident so a level of discretion may be required. It’s a shame it’s not reflected in the rule book tho.

Of course Roscoes reading of the rules of course comes as no surprise.