British Speedway Forum
ReadingRacer2017

Premiership Playoff Final 1st Leg - Ipswich v Swindon - 15/10

10 hours ago, AFCB Wildcat said:

Sorry I don't see the connection between the 3 posts and me not liking the choke term. I did say I didn't like it used to describe 'any' beaten team as I don't think any team chokes they just get beaten.

God yes there are plenty of arrogant fans from all sides on this forum but I was referred to the team, not fans  as Gavans post said a 'team' that celebrated like they were already in the final but even so, of course people will celebrate pulling out a 10 point win from a 12 point deficit, that's not arrogance is it? 

Choking or arrogance or bottlers................there was a reason why Poole lost the semi final

Poole had come to Ipswich twice and both times walked away with comfortable wins

Firstly riders like Klindt and Josh and Covatti are not to blame

But when you see riders like Kurtz looking unbeatable scoring 12+1 from 5 and then only getting 3 when the pressure is on and Jack Holder who scored 13+ 2 from 6 the time before , pulling out and basically not fancying it then where do you look

Poole topped the table and rode at a team they had comfortably beaten twice......................they lost because they were to arrogant or bottled it..no other reason

Pooles season finished the moment they stopped using r/r at 2 and lost Covatti into the main body

If they had operated that against us with Klindt , Josh and Covatti taking r/r rides and Covatti having 6 or 7 rides from reserve they would have won

THJ at reserve with Wells and Covatti at 2 cost them any chance of the league

15 hours ago, Steve Shovlar said:

There’s a saying. You couldn’t make it up. But you do in spades. It’s quite hilarious reading your posts as you type away in a blind uncontrollable fury, all alone in your life full of venom and bile and regret. We all have to chuckle at these frankly, boring and repetitive rants saying the same thing over and over again ad nauseam, as if you think people on here haven’t read it the first time it has to be repeated at least a dozen times more. 

If it makes you feel better making up the rubbish you posted above, so be it. The rest of us know differently.

I would have said, enjoy the final and let the best team win, but we know who that is already. And frankly, I don’t believe you give a damn anyway, as you can’t be bothered to even attend either meeting.:rolleyes:

Fury lol.....we beat a team of bottlers with a team of wobblers......fantastic!!!

Repetitive......have a little look over the thread and see how many times people have had a pop at you over the amount of times you have said that the final will be one sided....cretin

I will be at the home leg of the final tomorrow night ........cant do thursday as i have my children............i have a life im afraid unlike yourself

Wished i had been at the second leg to come and say hello ..but i was at a housewarming for a friend you see.............again life is more important

Oh and if what i posted was rubbish then please tell everyone why you lost the second leg.....to a team on a track you had won at twice easily..you must remember you kept saying you wanted to ride us every week because we were easy to beat....arrogant bottle jobs

And if Swindon thump us in the final i wont care because we have performed miracles all season, culminating in an easy victory in the semi finals against the league winners........it will still be seen as a successful season for us

How nice that this season we wont have the farce that happened last season and made the final a non event

Best of luck to Swindon and their fans on here who all seem a decent bunch

12 minutes ago, Gavan said:

Fury lol.....we beat a team of bottlers with a team of wobblers......fantastic!!!

Repetitive......have a little look over the thread and see how many times people have had a pop at you over the amount of times you have said that the final will be one sided....cretin

I will be at the home leg of the final tomorrow night ........cant do thursday as i have my children............i have a life im afraid unlike yourself

Wished i had been at the second leg to come and say hello ..but i was at a housewarming for a friend you see.............again life is more important

Oh and if what i posted was rubbish then please tell everyone why you lost the second leg.....to a team on a track you had won at twice easily..you must remember you kept saying you wanted to ride us every week because we were easy to beat....arrogant bottle jobs

And if Swindon thump us in the final i wont care because we have performed miracles all season, culminating in an easy victory in the semi finals against the league winners........it will still be seen as a successful season for us

How nice that this season we wont have the farce that happened last season and made the final a non event

You may have a life outside of speedway, but you have still got time to come on Poole 2020 thread going on and on and on about the same old thing 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Arthur54 said:

You may have a life outside of speedway, but you have still got time to come on Poole 2020 thread going on and on and on about the same old thing 

Just like Shovlar..............fun isnt it

15 minutes ago, Gavan said:

Just like Shovlar..............fun isnt it

Difference is I am a Poole fan, not a Poole troll like yourself. I don’t spend time on an Ipswich thread as I have no interest in them other than when Poole race against them. Oh, and the playoff final as well as it’s the supposed pinnacle of the season.

Meanwhile in a Poole v Belle Vue thread you will be in there spouting your repetitive anti Poole spew, post after post.

Sorry to other posters on the thread who don’t want to see this. As you can all see Gavan is having one of his episodes again, which he seems unable to control. I best stick him back on ignore again as he is what he is.

Edited by Steve Shovlar

Just now, Steve Shovlar said:

Difference is I am a Poole fan, not a Poole troll like yourself. I don’t spend time on an Ipswich thread as I have no interest in them other than when Poole race against them. Oh, and the playoff final as well as it’s the supposed pinnacle of the season.

Meanwhile in a Poole v Belle Vue thread you will be in there spouting your repetitive spew, post after post.

Sorry to other posters on the thread who don’t want to see this. As you can all see Gavan is having one of his episodes again, which he seems unable to control. I best stick him back on ignore again as he is what he is.

You have posted many times on this thread which you are entitled to do

Tad boring though saying your repetitive spew about a one sided final.....or how the weather cost Poole the final place...............

No episode at all....have a look over the thread......lot of people moaning about you........sad sad man

2 hours ago, Steve Shovlar said:

This constant rain over the last two days has probably turned the track into a quagmire. They need a dry day today but tomorrow’s forecast is for light rain from 10 am. It’s starting to look doubtful this meeting is going to go ahead but fingers crossed. The U.K. has been on the wrong side of the jet stream for over a month meaning every weather front is riding over the top of us like a conveyer belt. 

Heavy rain moving east now, kent have already pulled the plug for their final tomorrow. Tuesday looks to be a dry day at the moment.

14 minutes ago, cityrebel said:

Heavy rain moving east now, kent have already pulled the plug for their final tomorrow. Tuesday looks to be a dry day at the moment.

And possibly Thursday. Good job about 98% of fans dont bother with this forum, silly soddin slanging matches. Quite like the Witches team, with their English riders. The first leg could be at the Tangerine Arena!?

Edited by auntie doris
  • Like 1

Depends if Swindon are happy with taking the first leg? If so Thursday at Swindon with next Monday at Foxhall. Might make the second leg pointless though. 

On 10/11/2019 at 8:31 PM, Crazy robin said:

Who will Ellis Perks ride for as Leicester Cubs are riding Kent on Monday as well?

Mondays are a priority night for PL clubs.

19 hours ago, lisa-colette said:

Fair enough, but we were 10 up not 12 ;) Ipswich were the ones with a 12 point lead half way through the first leg :)

Gavan did say 10, you are the only one quoting 12.

47 minutes ago, Gavan said:

Riders like Allen and Heeps rode a whole lot better than they did in the league because when we ride against you in the league they were just back from injury plus Iversen didn't ride in the league matches plus we changed our team for the worst, unfortunately Richie was injured who is good at Ipswich normally and getting THJ was a big mistake. We could have got someone like Auty and still retained Covatti at reserve. Holder was pretty good at Ipswich in the league but his performance at Ipswich was pathetic, so was Kurtz and they were meant to be our best riders! I think those two should hang their heads in shame. Swindon have a great team who are not afraid to give it a go in any conditions.I hope Ipswich make it a decent final. Lawson's performance could be key. 

1 hour ago, Gavan said:

We all have a life outside of speedway not just you. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Gavan said:

Pooles season finished the moment they stopped using r/r at 2 and lost Covatti into the main body

If they had operated that against us with Klindt , Josh and Covatti taking r/r rides and Covatti having 6 or 7 rides from reserve they would have won

THJ at reserve with Wells and Covatti at 2 cost them any chance of the league

Yes we know! Bloomin heck, if I had a pound every time you said this I'd be a millionaire!! No wonder these threads are so long when you duplicate your posts. 

• Haha 1