British Speedway Forum

Speaking of Stefan, does anyone down Poole way know how much his collection raised.

58 minutes ago, Pirates Of Poole said:

Has anyone seen an update on Stefan’s injuries? with this continued lay off waiting for teams to complete fixtures it could be giving us a better change to have Stefan back in the team soon?

No updates recently on his twitter account where they post his scores. Last update was from Sept 3rd, when he was still in hospital.

16 minutes ago, Dickie Head said:

Speaking of Stefan, does anyone down Poole way know how much his collection raised.

Have looked on Poole website, a few articles on the Bournemouth Echo since Weds and twitter and can't find anything. Probably be the next match day programme, and who knows when that is going to be!

According to a couple of facebook posts, Stefan was due at hospital last Thurs/Friday but (ominously?) there has not been any expected update from then!!

19 minutes ago, Skidder1 said:

According to a couple of facebook posts, Stefan was due at hospital last Thurs/Friday but (ominously?) there has not been any expected update from then!!

Facebook been down today as well Skidder!

Edited by lisa-colette

He's healing as well as can be expected. He's been advised to continue resting his collarbone as it takes 6 weeks to heal properly and another knock to it could mean hum having a permanent issue with it. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Fozzie4388 said:

He's healing as well as can be expected. He's been advised to continue resting his collarbone as it takes 6 weeks to heal properly and another knock to it could mean hum having a permanent issue with it. 

6 weeks from crash would be mid October. So prob SF. I'm not sure it's good for Stef or Poole (and Sheffield) to risk it tbh. Both teams will need him to be banging in some heat wins or 6+ straight away and he won't even be race fit. 

Edited by lisa-colette

Common sense would say his season is over and he should be working his way back to full fitness over the winter months. I for one would have him back in the team for 2022.

• Like 4

16 hours ago, ArthurRudge said:

Oh no how will the world cope!!!!!!!!

Exactly, can't chat about love Island now! Bugga! :rofl:

As far as social media goes this forum is as far ase it goes for me.

I value my sanity! :t:

16 hours ago, lisa-colette said:

6 weeks from crash would be mid October. So prob SF. I'm not sure it's good for Stef or Poole (and Sheffield) to risk it tbh. Both teams will need him to be banging in some heat wins or 6+ straight away and he won't even be race fit. 

At this rate the season will be extended into November ! So Stefan will be ok for then! :lol: 

15 minutes ago, PirateShip said:

At this rate the season will be extended into November ! So Stefan will be ok for then! :lol: 

Still needs meetings to be race fit and still not sure the playoffs is the place to do it! 

• Like 1

So Poole take the bull by the horns and announce their next meeting at home is Wednesday 13 th October being the first leg of the semi final against opponents yet to be decided.