British Speedway Forum
Crazy robin

Swindon Robins 2020

I know it's a long shot but I've no idea if anyone at Swindon Speedway (is it still a thing?) are actually interested in any possibility of the sport returning so have made contact with a handful of local business people I'm involved in one form of another and were going to attempt to get some cooperation and hopefully some form of subsidy from SBC (yes i know probably zero chance) regarding land and a possibility of multi function usage, Speedway and other leisure activities ...maybe a skatepark plus BMX track and for my selfish needs an open air and indoor concert venue. Believe it or not some people are interested keen on fact but we know how this Council hates sport leisure and The Arts. The USP on this must be an as much use facility as possible and possibly and reluctantly something that is of financial interest to the council but in no way let them much influence on the running of. Like I say long shot but there is Such a lack of proactiveness in this sad little area! Can only try (and rattle cages) 

Edited by hagonshocker
  • Like 3

With the way houses will encircle the stadium, there's zero chance of speedway returning, we need a new site, but with sbc track record on anything leisure based practically nil, all they want is more and more houses, swindon has become a lifeless rubbishhole.

• Like 2

14 hours ago, orion said:

If the dogs are shutting as many people are telling  me then  the Stadium just can't carry on..You feel like shaking people and  telling them to wake up  

Why does people having hope so bother you that you could get physical about it? 

Having hope and being positive never hurt anybody. 

They arent the ones letting you down. You need to be directing your anger at the developers and this awful council.

On 9/5/2022 at 1:12 PM, thecoombdog said:

Yeah I've already given Tomlinson the warning about what happens to speedway stadium sites when they can't get planning permission for housing. Won't be long now. 

Tomlinson was given those warnings in 2006 mate, but well done.

1 hour ago, BuzzCagney said:

They arent the ones letting you down. You need to be directing your anger at the developers and this awful council.

Having false hope can hurt loads of people as we about to see . silly statement 

42 minutes ago, Steve0 said:

So let me get my head round this ...Tomlinson is still saying that these houses in lady lane can't be built unless the Stadium is built first ? 

9 minutes ago, orion said:

So let me get my head round this ...Tomlinson is still saying that these houses in lady lane can't be built unless the Stadium is built first ? 

According to this: Taylor Wimpey to begin work on new Swindon housing development (swindonlink.com) the new houses are called "Robin Gardens" of all things.

Planning permission was granted in June 2022.

"Planning permission was granted in June 2022 and following the exchange of contracts last month - August 2022 - work is due to start on site soon."

No mention of any conditions before building work begins.

Edited by Grachan

22 minutes ago, Grachan said:

According to this: Taylor Wimpey to begin work on new Swindon housing development (swindonlink.com) the new houses are called "Robin Gardens" of all things.

"Planning permission was granted in June 2022 and following the exchange of contracts last month - August 2022 - work is due to start on site soon."

Thank you . Looks like Tomlinson is a bigger liar that we even thought 

54 minutes ago, Grachan said:

The fact they are naming roads and developments after speedway riders and the club is the ultimate p1ss take when they are all involved in trying to kill the club forever.

• Like 1

It's ok, stop with the panic... Clark Osborne says they arent closing. And we all know he would never lie...

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, BuzzCagney said:

There is a saying...

'It is the hope that kills you..' 

1 hour ago, thecoombdog said:

The fact they are naming roads and developments after speedway riders and the club is the ultimate p1ss take when they are all involved in trying to kill the club forever.

Mugs Lane?

There must be dozens of sites brown or green to build new homes, but know lets build around one of the last leisure areas of the town and force everyone to stay indoors, this stinks of a hatred of all things fun, Swindon really has become this unfun, boring place to live, basically a dormatory.

• Like 2