Jump to content
British Speedway Forum
hawks 1975

KENT ROYALS 2020

Recommended Posts

13 minutes ago, East End Fan said:

I have never heard of either Jamie Bursill or Josh Warren.  Does anyone actually know anything about them ? Where have they been racing ? Are they

part of the new stars scheme ?  The only Warren that sticks in my old mind is the Graham Warren who rode years ago for Birmingham and nearly won

the Word Championship, an Aussie I think.  Is this lad ( is he a "lad "?) related ?

There was Michael Warren who sadly died young from cancer  aged 35- rode for Glasgow, Reading, Hackney and Coventry 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
39 minutes ago, East End Fan said:

I have never heard of either Jamie Bursill or Josh Warren.  Does anyone actually know anything about them ? Where have they been racing ? Are they

part of the new stars scheme ?  The only Warren that sticks in my old mind is the Graham Warren who rode years ago for Birmingham and nearly won

the Word Championship, an Aussie I think.  Is this lad ( is he a "lad "?) related ?

Jamie Bursill rode for Raeding in the SDL in 2017, had a run in NL with IOW in the 2nd half of 2018 and was NL  with Plymouth throughout 2019. 3.16 average or thereabouts. Cant help with Josh Warren, it's not a name I remember from SDL or MSDL, maybe he's come straight from British Youth.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

As far as I know josh came from mx and is relatively new to speedway and has been around a lot of the tracks practicing... hes VERY new to speedway but I'm sure hell turn into something. Hes not very young as to have only just come from the byc... dunno much else about him.

Jamie bursill is on a 3.13 average... decent little Trier and might come good over the next few years or so. Still very young

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Josh Warren is son of RJ Warren who is Danny Kings sponsor hence the help and suggestion (i believe they call it protégé) . Nice enough lad but very green in racing experience,  should have decent kit but its probably a jump to early for him, that said its down to the promotion as they included him in the team.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, East End Fan said:

I have never heard of either Jamie Bursill or Josh Warren.  Does anyone actually know anything about them ? Where have they been racing ? Are they

part of the new stars scheme ?  The only Warren that sticks in my old mind is the Graham Warren who rode years ago for Birmingham and nearly won

the Word Championship, an Aussie I think.  Is this lad ( is he a "lad "?) related ?

Jamie has spent the last couple of seasons at IOW and Plymouth. Before that he rode mdl. Spent a lot of time on the Kent training tracks and has lots of friends at Central Park.

Josh is a totally new name to me.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
9 hours ago, teaboy279 said:

Jamie has spent the last couple of seasons at IOW and Plymouth. Before that he rode mdl. Spent a lot of time on the Kent training tracks and has lots of friends at Central Park.

Josh is a totally new name to me.

Bit surprised Jamie didn't get a place at Eastbourne as he was quite chummy with Brennan, Laurence and crew. Definitely a great chance for him to kick on this year in a weaker league, that said there is no comfort blanket of reserve to start with. Time will tell but im not sure he turns the bike hard enough to really master Central Park?

Edited by Sings4Speedway
missed a bit

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
40 minutes ago, Sings4Speedway said:

Bit surprised Jamie didn't get a place at Eastbourne as he was quite chummy with Brennan, Laurence and crew. Definitely a great chance for him to kick on this year in a weaker league, that said there is no comfort blanket of reserve to start with. Time will tell but im not sure he turns the bike hard enough to really master Central Park?

Think hed have to turn the bike harder at eastbourne wouldn't he???

Think jake Milford will quickly be in the main body to replace either Jacob or Jamie. So they'll be at either 2 or 6 most if the season

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I saw Josh Warren ride at Lydd for the Thurrock Hammers at the back end of last 'season'. From memory he definitely improved as the meeting wore on. He had Danny King in his corner that day.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, cityrebel said:

I saw Josh Warren ride at Lydd for the Thurrock Hammers at the back end of last 'season'. From memory he definitely improved as the meeting wore on. He had Danny King in his corner that day.

That rings bells.  I've seen somewhere that he is a protege of Danny King.   Thanks to everyone who sent info about the two new riders.

Sounds like they both have a lot to learn, but that is the fun of the game isn't it ?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, East End Fan said:

Sounds like they both have a lot to learn, but that is the fun of the game isn't it ?

I guess that depends if you are on the track at the same time as them or not....

Edited by Sings4Speedway
spell

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Sings4Speedway said:

I guess that depends if you are on the track at the same time as them or not....

Sings is clearly a glass half empty man....what makes him laugh ??

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
24 minutes ago, East End Fan said:

Sings is clearly a glass half empty man....what makes him laugh ??

Someone bringing me a full glass :drink:

But in speedway can probably add two decent teams slogging it out in a well balanced match, riders who work hard and get thier rewards and a bit of value for money. If Len announces £10NL and £15 CL i might raise a smile. 

Edited by Sings4Speedway

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
36 minutes ago, Sings4Speedway said:

Someone bringing me a full glass :drink:

But in speedway can probably add two decent teams slogging it out in a well balanced match, riders who work hard and get thier rewards and a bit of value for money. If Len announces £10NL and £15 CL i might raise a smile. 

I'd be shocked at that. I see that Eastie is only a tenner for NL, which is good value for money. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, cityrebel said:

I'd be shocked at that. I see that Eastie is only a tenner for NL, which is good value for money. 

Eastbourne looks better value at both levels. Less rushing for time on a weekend too so more likely to view more in Sussex this year.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, Sings4Speedway said:

Eastbourne looks better value at both levels. Less rushing for time on a weekend too so more likely to view more in Sussex this year.

And Eastbourne are going to have some 2nd half 'junior dash' races which will help bring on the youngsters. Also has the advantage of flowing people away from the meeting more evenly so as to avoid a rush to leave at end of ht15.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. Privacy Policy