British Speedway Forum
hawks 1975

KENT ROYALS 2020

22 hours ago, hawks 1975 said:

Perhaps the original Armadale fixture will be re-instated?!

Armadale fixture will take place at Leicester.

• Like 1

19 hours ago, old bob at herne bay said:

Buxton Tiger,

Only if Kent can do 2 meetings in 2 hours. Their planning restrictions allow only 2 hours racing per week 6.30 - 8.30pm

The other part of the planning is that only 16 races can be staged in a 2 hour window.

So with a heat leader trio of Danno, Luke Harris, and r/r bet tomorrow's gonna be a close fought affair - NOT

46 minutes ago, arnieg said:

So with a heat leader trio of Danno, Luke Harris, and r/r bet tomorrow's gonna be a close fought affair - NOT

Really couldn't make it up, Leicester who were one of many clubs to deny riders permission to compete on the IOW have booked two riders who both completed meetings there this season. Danno might just surprise a few to be fair as he has had more competitive meetings than some of the Royals on show. Still should be whitewash to keep the home faithful's league hopes alive.

1 hour ago, arnieg said:

"Rule 013.6 NDL Facilities (Supplementary Regulations v2 2021)

ii. A missing rider, 2 to 5 by MA, either RR or an unattached rider."

The rules don't allow a guest for Joe Thompson it seems!

Could use the guest for Dan & r/r for Joe though!

Edited by szkocjasid

1 hour ago, Sings4Speedway said:

Really couldn't make it up, Leicester who were one of many clubs to deny riders permission to compete on the IOW have booked two riders who both completed meetings there this season. Danno might just surprise a few to be fair as he has had more competitive meetings than some of the Royals on show. Still should be whitewash to keep the home faithful's league hopes alive.

I don't know how any club could legally stop riders racing on the IOW! 

• Like 1

If Ryan Kingsley rides at Edinborough tuesday ,,then Ben Morley guests look forward to seeing Ben get some time on the bike, he has not had much lately,,,Looks like an easy home win on paper ,,but you never know for sure in speedway......weather looks good.....

30 minutes ago, szkocjasid said:

I don't know how any club could legally stop riders racing on the IOW! 

agreed but still didn't stop plenty of clubs telling riders they couldn't. Fortunately there was enough either unattached or brave enough to ride there anyway. 

1 hour ago, szkocjasid said:

"Rule 013.6 NDL Facilities (Supplementary Regulations v2 2021)

ii. A missing rider, 2 to 5 by MA, either RR or an unattached rider."

The rules don't allow a guest for Joe Thompson it seems!

Could use the guest for Dan & r/r for Joe though!

You are overlooking the fact that a guest can ALWAYS be used for a rider absent 9n Championship duty. (Hence Morley guesting for Kinsley)

3 hours ago, arnieg said:

You are overlooking the fact that a guest can ALWAYS be used for a rider absent 9n Championship duty. (Hence Morley guesting for Kinsley)

My memory is that's not the case, I'm sure they wanted to stop that to avoid doubling up riders racing in NDL!

3 hours ago, arnieg said:

Pipe said: “If any riders are missing, it is now a Guest or R/R for a missing No.1, and then it is R/R for one rider missing in the positions 2-5.

“If two riders are missing in the 2-5 positions, then it is R/R and an unattached 3.00 pointer. This is to try and eliminate the number of doubling-up riders we have in the NDL.

“So if your team has two missing riders on higher-league duty that day, then it’s a guest and R/R, not two guests etc, as it was previously.

10 minutes ago, szkocjasid said:

My memory is that's not the case, I'm sure they wanted to stop that to avoid doubling up riders racing in NDL!

I've already quoted the regulation

Furthermore how do you think Morley guests for Kinsley if it isn't the case?

Edited by arnieg

1 minute ago, arnieg said:

I've already quoted the regulation

Furthermore how do you think Morley guests for Kinsley if it isn't the case?

Kinsley wasn't missing due to a Championship clash, but because his machinery was stolen! According to the rules announced by Jason Pipe Morley shouldn't be allowed to guest! Seems either the announcement by Pipe was wrong or no-one knows the rules!

9 minutes ago, szkocjasid said:

Kinsley wasn't missing due to a Championship clash, but because his machinery was stolen! According to the rules announced by Jason Pipe Morley shouldn't be allowed to guest! Seems either the announcement by Pipe was wrong or no-one knows the rules!

Kinsley is riding for Redcar, and a guest is allowed. 13.6A couldn't be clearer, a guest is allowed.

Edited by arnieg

8 minutes ago, arnieg said:

Kinsley is riding for Redcar, and a guest is allowed. 13.6A couldn't be clearer, a guest is allowed.

As it contradicts the announcement by Jason Pipe, I'd say it could be clearer!