British Speedway Forum
adz_mft

Mildenhall 2023

6 minutes ago, Fortythirtyeight said:

As Halder is heading north and Kieran Boughen is no where near NDL standard your way off the mark there.

If Isle of Wight , Plymouth or another club ran then everybody could be catered for , but as we know, there’s not enough riders so we need to fill the spaces up with commonwealth riders, we are told.

Halder heading north hmmm... I really do hope he gets a team. I have never seen Kieran Boughen ride before, but I imagine he'll come on strong eventually, got to admit I know very little about either of the Boughens. I am indeed way off the mark, just guessing to create some conversation and someone a bit closer to the club may offer some insight into who may actually be signed, not sure who would be linked

So we are told... Definitely not enough riders, clearly not... :rolleyes:

Wonder if the Premiership junior league or something similar to the MDL may be set up next season to allow the likes of Kieran Boughen, who aren't quite good enough the opportunity... If focusing on Australian riders is more important. Or is there not enough teams anymore for a junior league after they were all forced to close because they didn't have a multimillion pound venue to race at

Edited by Diamonds85
  • Like 1

13 minutes ago, Diamonds85 said:

Halder heading north hmmm... I really do hope he gets a team. I have never seen Kieran Boughen ride before, but I imagine he'll come on strong eventually, got to admit I know very little about either of the Boughens. I am indeed way off the mark, just guessing to create some conversation and someone a bit closer to the club may offer some insight into who may actually be signed, not sure who would be linked

So we are told... Definitely not enough riders, clearly not... :rolleyes:

Wonder if the Premiership junior league or something similar to the MDL may be set up next season to allow the likes of Kieran Boughen, who aren't quite good enough the opportunity... If focusing on Australian riders is more important. Or is there not enough teams anymore for a junior league after they were all forced to close because they didn't have a multimillion pound venue to race at

No Premiership junior league or MDL next season, only the NJL.

Edited by Fortythirtyeight
  • Sad 1

1 minute ago, Fortythirtyeight said:

No Premiership junior league or MDL next season, only the NJL.

Massive shame

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, Binman said:

The mob has done a good job dealing with this

Only one club in the MDL wanted to continue with interest from a current NJL club but that wasn’t enough to continue a league. The Premiership junior league was never taken seriously by any Premiership club.

4 minutes ago, Fortythirtyeight said:

Only one club in the MDL wanted to continue with interest from a current NJL club but that wasn’t enough to continue a league. The Premiership junior league was never taken seriously by any Premiership club.

Should have left Jason Pipe in charge

• Haha 3

incorrect . The MDL is awaiting confirmation from some clubs over participation. Neil Vatcher is working with the league co-ordinator on this and junior racing WILL be continuing. Jason Pipe never ran the MDL 

further news on this will follow asap . 

• Like 1

On 1/14/2023 at 8:53 PM, Fortythirtyeight said:

The Premiership junior league was never taken seriously by any Premiership club.

The 3 Northern clubs completed their PJL fixtures, there was just no final due to the 3 Southern clubs not taking it seriously

On 1/14/2023 at 8:58 PM, Binman said:

Should have left Jason Pipe in charge

He was in charge of one of the worst offending Southern clubs wasn't he?

Edited by PotteringAround

11 hours ago, Fortythirtyeight said:

Not quite true Wolverhampton Belle vue and Sheffield all completed their fixture it was our friends from the eastern part of the country section that didn't.

15 hours ago, Fortythirtyeight said:

As Halder is heading north and Kieran Boughen is no where near NDL standard your way off the mark there.

If Isle of Wight , Plymouth or another club ran then everybody could be catered for , but as we know, there’s not enough riders so we need to fill the spaces up with commonwealth riders, we are told.

Out of the commonwealth riders who are riding they’re all 8/9 point men. So what brits are they replacing of similar calibre who rode last year? 

20 hours ago, Speedway fan said:

incorrect . The MDL is awaiting confirmation from some clubs over participation. Neil Vatcher is working with the league co-ordinator on this and junior racing WILL be continuing. Jason Pipe never ran the MDL 

further news on this will follow asap . 

Then why did only two clubs show interest at the AGM ? and that was from Mr. Vatcher himself .

7 hours ago, Mr Blobby said:

Out of the commonwealth riders who are riding they’re all 8/9 point men. So what brits are they replacing of similar calibre who rode last year? 

Don’t care about averages, it’s supposed to be a development league to help British riders …..isn’t it ?

• Like 2

10 hours ago, phillwhitewasmad said:

Not quite true Wolverhampton Belle vue and Sheffield all completed their fixture it was our friends from the eastern part of the country section that didn't.

Exactly, not taken seriously as ALL clubs were supposed to take part.

7 hours ago, Mr Blobby said:

There will be several but won't know who until teams are finished and would suggest it will be middle order riders who miss out due to teams being built differently 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Fortythirtyeight said:

Don’t care about averages, it’s supposed to be a development league to help British riders …..isn’t it ?

I’d rather see a competitive league than a side of 5 3/4 pointers getting hammered home and away. 

with 2/3 non Brits taking part is it really affecting the league as much as you’re making out? not really.

Edited by Mr Blobby
  • Like 1