British Speedway Forum
col69

berwick bandits 2021

Productive night for the 3 Bandits riding tonight Jye 9+1, Kasper 6+1 and Leon 6.

• Like 2

22 hours ago, East End Fan said:

FACT is..if you want Speedway, then be prepared to pay for it.  Expecting your promoter to put his hand in his back pocket so that you can have a

cheap night out is NOT REALISTIC.......When you go to the Pub, do you ask the Landlord to cut the price of the beer because you'd like to pay less ?

We have national league and championship here at Berwick, why should we pay championship prices to watch the national league team? makes no sense to me

1 hour ago, allthegearbutnaeidea said:

We have national league and championship here at Berwick, why should we pay championship prices to watch the national league team? makes no sense to me

It’s a personal choice take it or leave it 

I notice the Eastbourne double header is still on the speedwayGB website, should be kept far more up to date to avoid confusion over fixtures surely?

On 8/23/2021 at 8:40 AM, arnieg said:

Good for Berwick, at least they are trying to fill the hole created by Eastbourne's implosion. OK it won't satisfy everyone, but nobody is being forced to go.

I’ll give it a go, just for the novelty value, especially as it’s included as part of the season pass. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Shadders said:

I’ll give it a go, just for the novelty value, especially as it’s included as part of the season pass. 

So will I.

My Northern tour itinery now reads:

Fri: Edinburgh v Poole (was Glasgow v Berwick)

Sat morning: Trip to Falkirk wheel (was Armadale v Ebne)

Sat  evng: Berwick challenge (was v Ebne x2)

Sun: Redcar v Berwick (was Newc v Ebne)

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, arnieg said:

So will I.

My Northern tour itinery now reads:

Fri: Edinburgh v Poole (was Glasgow v Berwick)

Sat morning: Trip to Falkirk wheel (was Armadale v Ebne)

Sat  evng: Berwick challenge (was v Ebne x2)

Sun: Redcar v Berwick (was Newc v Ebne)

Sat morning recommend Kelpies as well  https://www.visitscotland.com/info/see-do/the-helix-home-of-the-kelpies-p889261

On 8/22/2021 at 11:07 PM, East End Fan said:

FACT is..if you want Speedway, then be prepared to pay for it.  Expecting your promoter to put his hand in his back pocket so that you can have a

cheap night out is NOT REALISTIC.......When you go to the Pub, do you ask the Landlord to cut the price of the beer because you'd like to pay less ?

No but sadly what happens at pubs the same as with Speedway is that people just visit less frequently

13 hours ago, allthegearbutnaeidea said:

Not sure why you are grumbling you've been watching the CL side be pants all season and the NL team do well. The only fear here is that the Bandits get turned over!

2 hours ago, Sings4Speedway said:

No but sadly what happens at pubs the same as with Speedway is that people just visit less frequently

Not sure why you are grumbling you've been watching the CL side be pants all season and the NL team do well. The only fear here is that the Bandits get turned over!

It’s not the Bandits, or the Bullets, it’s 2 mixed teams, surely nobody wants to watch McDonald v Etheridge and Douglas v Gappmaier? I would of preferred a full NL challenge, at NL prices! Or a full championship challenge, at Championship prices, or an individual meeting with all the riders and a couple other interesting names, just my personal opinion of course, but I don’t think Berwick Bandits are worth £17/18 this season on a track which often offers very little racing, (Plymouth meeting was better tbf) nevermind a watered down challenge meeting, still looking forward to Glasgow, Kent double header and hopefully the Eastbourne double header too!

• Like 2

1 hour ago, allthegearbutnaeidea said:

It’s not the Bandits, or the Bullets, it’s 2 mixed teams, surely nobody wants to watch McDonald v Etheridge and Douglas v Gappmaier? I would of preferred a full NL challenge, at NL prices! Or a full championship challenge, at Championship prices, or an individual meeting with all the riders and a couple other interesting names, just my personal opinion of course, but I don’t think Berwick Bandits are worth £17/18 this season on a track which often offers very little racing, (Plymouth meeting was better tbf) nevermind a watered down challenge meeting, still looking forward to Glasgow, Kent double header and hopefully the Eastbourne double header too!

Getting any team to agree to a challenge match would be just about impossible IMO especially at this point in the season, and an individual meeting just as impossible, not unless you are offering mega money of course. Berwick`s promotion are at least putting on a meeting so credit to them for that, but I do agree with you about charging full whack for what is not much more than a practice session. 

• Like 3

1 minute ago, screm said:

Getting any team to agree to a challenge match would be just about impossible IMO especially at this point in the season, and an individual meeting just as impossible, not unless you are offering mega money of course. Berwick`s promotion are at least putting on a meeting so credit to them for that, but I do agree with you about charging full whack for what is not much more than a practice session. 

Tbf individual wise, I was meaning the 12 riders on show, and 4 more riders, even if they were connected to the club, such as Crang, Pijper, that sort of stuff, so at least it was a competitive meeting rather than like you say, a practice session 

Leon Flint scored 10+1 for Valsarna in the away meeting at Indianerna.

• Like 1

On 8/24/2021 at 2:21 PM, allthegearbutnaeidea said:

It’s a different heat format from what I’ve read, so maybe not top guys v bottom guys,  if paying full wack for this meeting helps balance the books when teams are going ** up then i for one will gladly pay my money, Hats off to the promotion for thinking out the box and putting this on,  Could this be a trial for next years heat format ???

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Heedthebaw said:

It’s a different heat format from what I’ve read, so maybe not top guys v bottom guys,  if paying full wack for this meeting helps balance the books when teams are going ** up then i for one will gladly pay my money, Hats off to the promotion for thinking out the box and putting this on,  Could this be a trial for next years heat format ???

Think they have removed the number 5 rider and will use a nominated rider in these races (like an R/R race) so some riders will have 6 races and others 5. There will be 2 protected heats (alter heats 12 and 14) for reserves.

Number 5 and 6 are reserves.

Think that's what Gary was saying on his facebook chat (total access).

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1