British Speedway Forum
racers and royals

Polish Extraleague 2021 Play-off finals 2nd legs Sunday 26th September live on TV

19 minutes ago, Rosie76 said:

I seem to remember that 71 matches is the number of matches the Polish Ekstraliga League sold the rights to at a massive amount more than they received before, so Premier are  probably showing all that is available to them. If you are a speedway junkie like me and watch all that is available it still seems price worth paying. I think to get every meeting filmed last year (except a couple of postponments) we would be looking at alot higher fees.

That`s 71 which includes Sweden- and as they are showing Tuesday and Thursday Sweden then that`s going to be around 30-35 i would guess which leaves around 36 Polish matches.

And to think the missus constantly moaned that I watched too much Speedway last year!!!....:D

Eleven Sports,  N Sport, Premier, BT, (and Eurosport as well this year).... B)

Edited by mikebv

On 3/23/2021 at 3:53 PM, racers and royals said:

Anyone subscribing to Premier should understand that they will not show all the matches live( if past seasons are anything to go on !!) Some matches they might not show at all.

For me it was unwatchable live anyway

After exchanging various emails with Premier (they seem pretty prompt at replying in fairness) and explaining that I’m on about Speedway and not football like they kept referring to for some reason, it seems that Polish Speedway will be solely shown on Sundays and will not feature the Friday matches as per last year. Not sure on the reasoning behind that, but that seems to be the general view..... unless anything changes.

This is the latest reply:

Hi Aron, thanks for your email. 

Unfortunately, we don't have confirmation yet for the fixtures in regards to Polish Speedway.

Please keep an eye on our website for further updates.

1 hour ago, H20 said:

Has anyone seen any decent deals to join Premier Sports ?

Not yet, I'd hold off till later next week, they normally come up with one. Last year I got 3 months free.

• Thanks 1

Rohan Tungate has joined Lublin as their COVID guest rider, seemingly choosing them over Zielona Gora

Going to be interesting to see what Grudziadz manage to do before the first match. Pawlicki is ruled out of that one and Jakobsen will be riding for Gniezno so can’t cover as a COVID guest either. Grudziadz lack of strength in depth is evident so they will be looking to secure a second guest in the coming week or so I expect.

Difficult decision coming up for Toruń before next week - both Holders should be back, so do they bring both of them back into the side and then there be a straight shootout where it’ll be 2 out of Przedpelski, Miedzinski and Musielak.

Should find out mid week but interesting time ahead. Me personally would be leaving out Miedzinski but time will tell! 

In other news, there are rumours of Zengota being linked with Grudziadz as a covid guest. They won’t of been too encouraged by today’s showing if that’s the case!

Was talking to a good friend of mine who lives in Poland and because of the big rise in covid she was telling  me lockdown may last till beginning of June. I know that there will run behind closed doors but will effect British speedway?

19 minutes ago, Trackerman48 said:

Was talking to a good friend of mine who lives in Poland and because of the big rise in covid she was telling  me lockdown may last till beginning of June. I know that there will run behind closed doors but will effect British speedway?

Yes just seen new cases of Covid in Poland, 31,000  Today,don,t look good.

Grudziadz v Wroclaw 1st round match on Saturday April 3rd has been postponed because of Covid

New date April 23rd at 7.30pm UK time

Edited by racers and royals

On 3/27/2021 at 1:56 PM, Najjer said:

Difficult decision coming up for Toruń before next week - both Holders should be back, so do they bring both of them back into the side and then there be a straight shootout where it’ll be 2 out of Przedpelski, Miedzinski and Musielak.

Should find out mid week but interesting time ahead. Me personally would be leaving out Miedzinski but time will tell! 

In other news, there are rumours of Zengota being linked with Grudziadz as a covid guest. They won’t of been too encouraged by today’s showing if that’s the case!

Tomasz Bajerski has said that after the sparring match with Gorzow on Thursday it’s likely that Toruń will loan out one of their senior riders - likely to be either Miedzinski or Musielak.

Going to be interesting to see which one leaves and then where they end up, especially being so close to the start of the season on Saturday in both leagues. Maybe Łódź or Rybnik?

Edited by Najjer