British Speedway Forum
racers and royals

SON 2021 finals Sat/Sun 16th/17th Oct- FINALS START AT 4PM BOTH DAYS

7 minutes ago, OveFundinFan said:

Weather looking good for this week including Friday and Saturday. Let’s up it doesn’t change for the worse.

I'm there Sat & Sun, stadium may be a tad empty on Friday! :D

GB: Woffy, Lambert, Brennan

Poland: Zmarzlik, Janowski, Miskowiak

Sweden: Aspgren, Thorssell, Helllstrom-Bangs

Denmark: Madsen, Michelsen, Mads Hansen

Aus: Doyle, Fricke, Rew

Latvia: Lebadevs, Mihailovs, Gusts

France: Bellego, Berge, Goret

• Like 1

Choosing 2 riders who haven't ridden the track for 3 years instead of one who is  racing it most weeks including twice in last 7 days and is track record holder.

• Like 4

I thought Poland might stick with Kubera, apart from the Torun GPs Magic's form hasn't been that good.

18 minutes ago, Rob B said:

Choosing 2 riders who haven't ridden the track for 3 years instead of one who is  racing it most weeks including twice in last 7 days and is track record holder.

If we follow your logic it would be Bewley and a Worrall- Madness !!!!

• Like 1

Robert Lambert?, this must be a wind up. Has he ever rode at BV?,FFS. That will cost us a place on the rostrum. Which effing clown has made this decision?. OMFG. Can't be arsed Woofy i can sort of believe, but no Bewley?. Criminal.

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, one of clubs said:

Robert Lambert?, this must be a wind up. Has he ever rode at BV?,FFS. That will cost us a place on the rostrum. Which effing clown has made this decision?. OMFG. Can't be arsed Woofy i can sort of believe, but no Bewley?. Criminal.

Idiot !!- He won the British final in 2018 on the track 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, racers and royals said:

But apart from that night, (and all the other times he has been there)...

Has he ever ridden the NSS...? :D

To be fair to the selectors it will be one of those decisions that will either look great or look poor...

A 50/50 call which Lamberts performance will determine if proven to be correct or not....

Dan could easily do as well, or as badly....

Best of luck to all three representatives...

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Might be a good time to clarify the format and some of the rules.

Day 1 21 heats scoring 4, 3, 2, 0  under U 21 rider must ride in 1 heat

Day 2 1st day scores are added to day 2 another 21 heats and the U 21 rider must take 1 ride. At the end of the 42nd heat the leading team go to the final(race 44). next best 2 teams go in race 43 to decide who gets to the final. The team who win the final win the title.(2nd and 3rd beat 1 and 4)

Any starting offence warnings are not carried over from day 1 to day 2. U 21 riders are not allowed to replace riders excluded for a starting offence.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Just now, mikebv said:

To be fair to the selectors it will be one of those decisions that will either look great or look poor...

It was ever thus  !  You have to go with experience at this level of racing . IMHO the selectors have got it right.  Nice gesture to name Tim Brennan at reserve.

5 minutes ago, racers and royals said:

Might be a good time to clarify the format and some of the rules.

Day 1 21 heats scoring 4, 3, 2, 0  under U 21 rider must ride in 1 heat

Day 2 1st day scores are added to day 2 another 21 heats and the U 21 rider must take 1 ride. At the end of the 42nd heat the leading team go to the final(race 44). next best 2 teams go in race 43 to decide who gets to the final. The team who win the final win the title.(2nd and 3rd beat 1 and 4)

Any starting offence warnings are not carried over from day 1 to day 2. U 21 riders are not allowed to replace riders excluded for a starting offence.

What if two teams finish on the same points?

43 minutes ago, Rob B said:

Unbelievable...just ruined it for me be off gigging instead now 

11 minutes ago, racers and royals said:

He last won a meeting against inferior opposition over three years ago, (and has hardly rode it since) and that qualifies him over Dan Bewley?. OMG.

• Like 1

On ‎10‎/‎8‎/‎2021 at 6:23 PM, racers and royals said:

There wasn`t any  in Lublin(planned) in 2020 either. Probably as there are 44 races over the two days practice isn`t deemed necessary :)

In my opinion, there should be no need for heats 43 & 44(run off & final) as a tapes, fall of ef is costly. Riding 14 times(I think if I remember) in pairs should be enough. But they know the rules & scoring system before they start.