British Speedway Forum
Arch Stanton

Kings Lynn vs Ipswich Witches May 17th 7.30pm

38 minutes ago, Triple.H. said:

This is probably where the local councils take over, no doubt having had prior notice of the restrictions, in an all seater football stadium people can be allocated seating either individually or upto their bubble, at speedway less seating and people tend to flock together, plus a lot of tracks dont have viewing around the whole perimiter

Exactly,you can see why people don't trust Governments.They are now allowing more people to get closer together in smaller stadia than they are more spread out at larger ones.Unless it has more to do with everyone leaving at the same time which i can understand.

8 minutes ago, Bagpuss said:

No Riss at P&P today, nothing to worry about I hope......

He's there next Monday according to King's Lynn twitter i think it was.Anyway we will have Elliot Kelly on standby which we should still beat Ipswich anyway with some to spare:P:rolleyes:

• Haha 2

2 hours ago, sommelier said:

Like i said, Belle Vue Stadium & track one of the best in the world. OPEN your EYES

You're talking like Belle Vue sell out every week. The numbers watching Belle Vue are no greater than most other clubs. 

Again, you peove my point that British Speedway is dead

2 hours ago, Haza said:

Can’t disagree with that if only other tracks was as good .

As above, no matter how good the stadium is, the sport just isn't attractive 

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, Daniel Smith said:

You're talking like Belle Vue sell out every week. The numbers watching Belle Vue are no greater than most other clubs. 

Again, you peove my point that British Speedway is dead

As above, no matter how good the stadium is, the sport just isn't attractive 

As well as the fact that Belle Vue is heavily in debt, is it not?

From https://www.edp24.co.uk/sport/kings-lynn-stars-to-welcome-fans-7962290

Lynn have already felt one impact from the pandemic – they will be without Erik Riss for Monday. The German was the only team rider absent from Monday’s press and practice session – he has meetings scheduled in Europe this week and the cost of travel is prohibitive. 

“I gave him permission to come over the end of next week,” said Allitt. “There is no issue with him, but to get him in and out and back in would have been around £800 - and don’t forget he hasn’t been earning either.” 

1 hour ago, Haza said:

So simple question how does he earn an air fair or ferry fair if he doesn’t ride ? 
so guess that mean he missing more fixtures as well ? 
Definitely shouldn’t be able to use a guest on Monday .

how Allit can defend this I really don’t no ? there was a lot of talk about Richard Lawson being in the side instead of Riss maybe the club should have gone down  that route least he’d have turned up . To have a first meeting after 20 months and missing a rider is a joke . 

He is meant to be there next Monday.The way i read that is that it would have been too costly to fly him in and out for just a P&P when he has meetings in Europe this week.

There was talk of Lawson instead of Riss,but as many bang on about including yourself about the lowering of standard of rider etc and yet you think the management maybe should have gone for Lawson.Wouldn't that be lowering the standard?

Edited by tellboy

6 minutes ago, tellboy said:

He is meant to be there next Monday.The way i read that is that it would have been too costly to fly him in and out for just a P&P when he has meetings in Europe this week.

There was talk of Lawson instead of Riss,but as many bang on about including yourself about the lowering of standard of rider etc and yet you think the management maybe should have gone for Lawson.Isn't that lowering the standard?

Well I’ve obviously read it wrong then - apologies 

12 minutes ago, tellboy said:

There was talk of Lawson instead of Riss,but as many bang on about including yourself about the lowering of standard of rider etc and yet you think the management maybe should have gone for Lawson.Wouldn't that be lowering the standard?

If Riss isn’t going to be there Monday  I’ve read again and it could be taken either way - I’d definitely have signed Lawson yes lowering standards but nothing puts fans of more than riders being unavailable riders . A full 1-7 is what fans want to see 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Haza said:

Well I’ve obviously read it wrong then - apologies 

It's what was said on the KL twitter that he would be there for Ipswich,although the piece in the EDP can be read both ways really so can see the doubt it puts in peoples minds.Including mine to start with.Maybe i'm reading it differently to others:unsure:

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, tellboy said:

It's what was said on the KL twitter that he would be there for Ipswich,although the piece in the EDP can be read both ways really so can see the doubt it puts in peoples minds.Including mine to start with.Maybe i'm reading it differently to others:unsure:

Well let’s hope he is there for Monday I really do and it would be handy if the club could clear this doubt up straight away on social media .  

• Like 1

After reading the piece in today’s EDP , I think Riss won’t be riding for the Stars next Monday. If that is the case , surely he will be banned for 28 days for withholding his services. Or have I read it wrong?

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Pinny said:

As well as the fact that Belle Vue is heavily in debt, is it not?

:nono:

4 minutes ago, mrss said:

After reading the piece in today’s EDP , I think Riss won’t be riding for the Stars next Monday. If that is the case , surely he will be banned for 28 days for withholding his services. Or have I read it wrong?

The article can be read both ways I’m not sure after reading it 3 times  - a quick press release from the club would clear any possible misunderstanding up . After all if fans think we are missing a rider it will put people off attending.  

I’d already read on Facebook that Riss has a meeting in Denmark this week and that he has no equipment in the UK until he drives it over so that’s why he wasn’t there yesterday and it seemed pretty clear he would be coming over at the end of this week ready for next Monday.....however Chris Lakey has worded the EDP article quite badly and it makes it unclear which Monday they are talking about. I wonder if his articles get proof read properly as his Linnets stuff in the EDP often has errors in it too. 

• Like 3

35 minutes ago, Bagpuss said:

I’d already read on Facebook that Riss has a meeting in Denmark this week and that he has no equipment in the UK until he drives it over so that’s why he wasn’t there yesterday and it seemed pretty clear he would be coming over at the end of this week ready for next Monday.....however Chris Lakey has worded the EDP article quite badly and it makes it unclear which Monday they are talking about. I wonder if his articles get proof read properly as his Linnets stuff in the EDP often has errors in it too. 

If they're HIS articles probably not, he is the Sports Editor lol

Taken off the Lynn News article:

Riss not being able to attend press day due to continental commitments, but Allitt stressed the German ace will be back in time to face the Witches for their Premiership curtain-raiser.

• Thanks 1