British Speedway Forum
crescent girl

BERWICK v LEICESTER (June 5th - 6.30pm) followed by Bullets v Cubs (NDL)

A tough test for the Bandits and Bullets, facing the reigning champions of both their leagues.        Thirty heats, and both matches maybe too close to call?

New month = new averages.    Bandits will have Nikolaj Busk Jakobsen as their No 1, while in the Bullets team both Kieran Douglas and Mason Watson are promoted to the 1-5, replaced at reserve by Ben Rathbone and Ryan MacDonald.   

Although Shielfield Park can accomodate considerably more spectators than some other stadiums at present, Covid restrictions are still in place and admission will be by pre-booked e-ticket only.         Book at https://www.berwickspeedway.com/tickets/      As eight out of the ten sections in the main stand were sold out more than 24 hours prior to the opening night double-header, if you prefer to sit in a certain area (you can select your section as you buy the ticket) it is advisable to book early.

While not required when seated or standing in your selected spot on the terracing, masks must be work when entering, leaving and moving about at all times.

Stadium will be open from 4.30pm, and tapes go up in the first match at 6.30pm sharp.

Programmes (£3) are only available from the usual kiosk and snack bars.  Please try to have the correct change, to keep things safe and simple.

• Like 1

Got my ticket and looking forward to my trip North.

But the key question as a visiting away fan is -  Which chippy is best for some pre meeting food?

Any shared local knowledge would be appreciated.

6 hours ago, W9 Lion said:

But the key question as a visiting away fan is -  Which chippy is best for some pre meeting food?

Castlegate chippy sit in or take out.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, W9 Lion said:

the pies at the track are great so don’t fill yourself up and try one chips ok too 

• Like 1

15 hours ago, mac101 said:

the pies at the track are great so don’t fill yourself up and try one chips ok too 

Can I not have fish & chips before the meeting and a pie before the Cubs match?!?

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

Having a wee break from watching speedway on the telly ( yeah thanks Nicola ) to take in some of the live and in the flesh variety . Should be a cracker against the reigning champions . Wouldnt mind Berwick lowering their colours though 

• Like 3
  • Sad 1

ok bandits fans get behind the lads on sat night see you there fans

On 6/2/2021 at 12:01 PM, W9 Lion said:

I have always found this one very good, and its only a hop, skip and a jump away from Sheilfield Park

https://www.bing.com/maps?FORM=GEOTRI&PC=SL10&q=prior+chippy&isRef=1&showTw=1&isAutoP=1

19 hours ago, crescent girl said:

Centre section (D) in main stand now sold out.

Sections C, D & E now sold out.

Main stand sections A, B, C, D & E all sold out now, plus standing area 5 (first part of back straight terracing).

Looks like good weather, four good teams and thirty tough races -- what's not to like?

Sunshine, blue skies and set to stay that way all day.

One change to the Leicester with with Josh Bates missing out due to a shoulder injury with R/R coming to to cover 

grand day and night  see youfans at the tapes  in about 1 hour 

A good meeting , still pretty much gate and go around Shielfield, Leon Flint has really stepped up a gear and Dany Gappmaier really is electric there, Leicester top 3 are something else and good job for Bandits that Ty Proctor struggled, fantastic race by Jye Etheridge to hold off Kyle Howarth , lost my voice after that one. a few Glasgow fans there tonight supporting the Bandits, well done to them for getting the points. Was wonderful getting to see my first live meeting, and nothing beats the smell of methanol

• Like 2