British Speedway Forum
mikebaker

Glasgow v Redcar 11/04/2021

Are fans being allowed in for this meeting. Nothing on Tigers Website. I have sent messages, with no reply. And do not reply to voicemails i have sent. Have booked a Travelodge about 4 months ago. And want to know if i will have to cancel it.

47 minutes ago, mikebaker said:

Are fans being allowed in for this meeting. Nothing on Tigers Website. I have sent messages, with no reply. And do not reply to voicemails i have sent. Have booked a Travelodge about 4 months ago. And want to know if i will have to cancel it.

The deafening silence coming.out of Ashfield makes me think we'll still be watching the telly again on Friday night . Which is nonsense 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Paulco said:

The deafening silence coming.out of Ashfield makes me think we'll still be watching the telly again on Friday night . Which is nonsense 

At least you can travel to the Media Premia Arena on Sunday, if you so wish. Tickets are on sale via the Bears Website. Really not impressed with your Promotions lack of notifications. Thanks for your reply.

6 minutes ago, mikebaker said:

At least you can travel to the Media Premia Arena on Sunday, if you so wish. Tickets are on sale via the Bears Website. Really not impressed with your Promotions lack of notifications. Thanks for your reply.

I have my ticket for Sunday and will be there . Its a joke I have to travel all over the country to see speedway when I'm not allowed into my local track 

Edited by Paulco
  • Like 6

What’s going to be  Sturgeons excuse after the Euro’s,any more restrictions and she is going to take some flak.:angry:

Glasgow Speedway are a complete joke. Promotors spend a fortune on modernising the facility. They cannot even respond to fans emails and calls. I have sent numerous messages and phone calls. Do not have the decency to reply.

May be they are in conversation with the local council about capacity and covid preparations?

Silly really as its outdoors and plenty of room to move about apart from the seating area, little different to a pedestrianize shopping street.

23 minutes ago, mikebaker said:

Glasgow Speedway are a complete joke. Promotors spend a fortune on modernising the facility. They cannot even respond to fans emails and calls. I have sent numerous messages and phone calls. Do not have the decency to reply.

The “boys” will be paying you a visit soon.:rolleyes::P You could leave your keys in the ignition in Ashfield car park;)

Edited by Fromafar

14 minutes ago, mikebaker said:

Its your responsibility to work out what to do, just the same as it would be if the weather forecast suggested rain and you weren't sure about travelling, no one can guarantee you anything so take control of your situation rather than outsourcing it.

Is it really so difficult to cancel the hotel then if it is running book another later in the week?

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, MD said:

Its your responsibility to work out what to do, just the same as it would be if the weather forecast suggested rain and you weren't sure about travelling, no one can guarantee you anything so take control of your situation rather than outsourcing it.

Is it really so difficult to cancel the hotel then if it is running book another later in the week?

Your Promotion are not saying anything. Surely they have been in contact with local council about the Covid situation. Why bother advertising a Contact page. When the club do not reply to matters about its business. And I do use my own initiative. That's why I booked a hotel at a good price 4 months ago. 

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, mikebaker said:

Your Promotion are not saying anything. Surely they have been in contact with local council about the Covid situation. Why bother advertising a Contact page. When the club do not reply to matters about its business. And I do use my own initiative. That's why I booked a hotel at a good price 4 months ago. 

Given the situation was it good decision to book a hotel given the fact that Scotland were taking a different approach to England regarding restrictions.:rolleyes:

48 minutes ago, topaz325 said:

May be they are in conversation with the local council about capacity and covid preparations?

Silly really as its outdoors and plenty of room to move about apart from the seating area, little different to a pedestrianize shopping street.

This sounds to me what is happening , probably haven't released any info because the imbeciles at GCC wont have a clue what to do, would imagine the promotion will be asking them to give some direction on what is allowed. 

Albeit my tongue is firmly in my cheek when i say some direction from the buffoons that are  making decisions (no laughing at the back).

12 minutes ago, mikebaker said:

I would suggest it is more down to the Council not making a decision and the Promotion have ran out of batteries for there crystal ball , I am sure they will announce what the decision is  once they know.

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, Fromafar said:

The “boys” will be paying you a visit soon.:rolleyes::P You could leave your keys in the ignition in Ashfield car park;)

This is all hearsay off course :D.

Just covering your back just in case.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, mikebaker said:

Your Promotion are not saying anything.

On the balance of probability what do you think the answer might be?