British Speedway Forum
Steve Shovlar

Pirates on tour. Edinburgh, Berwick, Newcastle.6/7/8/8/21

32 minutes ago, Neila said:

Most Poole fans can't be speedway fans as they have all gone home after 1st meeting

Pathetic.People pay their money, it's up to them what they do after that. 

I know of several fans who travelled up. Some of them have work tomorrow too. 

Pleased we won, of course I am. Not going to gloat over the result. The important aspect is just how many came through the gates to help the club. 

Fingers crossed it has been a good day for the promotion. 

Edited by BobC
  • Like 3

Just announced over the tannoy that today's crowd is over 1,000 and a rescue package has been put together allowing Newcastle to see out the remainder of 2021! Well done to everyone involved and fingers crossed there are brighter days ahead for

!

Edit -  just saw it on twitter.

Edited by lisa-colette

1 hour ago, Neila said:

Most Poole fans can't be speedway fans as they have all gone home after 1st meeting

We are still here and so are all the Poole fans around us. 

Newcastle were abject against Poole earlier but showing Plymouth a clean pair of heels 

Us Poole fans wont be home until 4 am and some have work if any left earlier good for them!

• Like 7

I feel sorry for any travelling fans for once I’m truly embarrassed well done Poole your showing us how it’s done I just wished our riders were watching the lines you were riding safe journey home all of you.

• Like 3

Well done Poole on an outstanding performance.. I said they would win well but not even I thought it would of been 29-61….. Was a real pleasure to meet and chat to Steve Shovlar and Shaleshifter .. Hope you enjoyed your time “ Up North” 

12 minutes ago, KEITH M said:

Well done Poole on an outstanding performance.. I said they would win well but not even I thought it would of been 29-61….. Was a real pleasure to meet and chat to Steve Shovlar and Shaleshifter .. Hope you enjoyed your time “ Up North” 

Thanks Keith we had a great time up north. A shame the weather was unsettled but at least we did get to see some speedway. 

Steve says it was nice to meet you and the same goes for me.

Always enjoy my trips to Tyneside and to Brough Park.

Best of luck for the rest of the season.

Hopefully see you all next season.:t:

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Steve Shovlar said:

Newcastle were abject against Poole earlier but showing Plymouth a clean pair of heels 

Us Poole fans wont be home until 4 am and some have work if any left earlier good for them!

Nice to meet you again, and also to meet and talk to Shaleshifter. Poole deserved their big win as we were very poor and it was probably our worst showing this season. Different match in the second with the Diamonds believing they could win and surprised with the defeats of Crump and especially Bjarne. Bjarne is still a class act though as a person and a rider, and meeting him afterwards in the pits he is still the old and nice Bjarne that we loved when he rode for us. Immaculate bikes as usual, he found tremendous power coming out of the corners on the David Walsh inside line, but he did comment that he had forgot how long our straights are. I wish him a very good and safe year, ready for what retirement brings to him and his family. I am looking forward to trying to have a Southern tour of our own when we are at Kent on the Tuesday followed by Poole on the Wednesday. I will let Steve S and Shaleshifter know if and when we do. 

Well done to the Diamonds for turning things round against Plymouth and excellent news that ur season is secured. I hope that a good sort out over the winter will bring you many more years of speedway..

:t:

• Like 4

3 hours ago, Steve Shovlar said:

Did anyone force you to travel almost 1000 round trip to watch 2 speedway meetings?:rolleyes:

• Sad 3

First time visit to Newcastle - every penny counts and throughly enjoyed the visit even though I had problems with a Bus Lane in Gateshead ( just added £60 to the trip ) and couldn’t find the ground ( bloody NAV ) Burger the best I’ve ever had at a Speedway venue not surprising with Rob - queue was long but worth the wait , left after Heat 12 as Plymouth looked beaten and a bit sad to see Crumpy looking so off the pace against some average riders … however had a nice chat to some fans ( think I was the only one wearing a Belle Vue shirt and got some friendly stick ! ) 

• Like 5

15 hours ago, bluejam said:

Did anyone force you to travel almost 1000 round trip to watch 2 speedway meetings?:rolleyes:

Did anyone force you make such a ridiculous statement. 

Folk travel all over to watch speedway even when their team isn't involved like myself because we enjoy the sport. 

Also without our support many clubs would close. 

Such as at Newcastle, many people travelled there from all over the UK because they wanted to help save Newcastle.

Belle Vue, Sheffield, Wolves, Glasgow, Poole, Plymouth fans were amongst others there who travelled so for you to av a pop at people who travel is down right disgusting, worra dumb nuts! 

Without these very supportive fans Newcastle speedway may now just be the fog on the Tyne! 

Edited by PirateShip
  • Like 7
  • Thanks 1

16 hours ago, bluejam said:

Never heard such rubbish prat

Hope you guys that made the trip had a good time, Thankfully the weather behaved itself enough for you to watch meetings at sunny Berwick & Newcastle. Shame Edinburgh was postponed think Nicola Sturgeon controls the Scottish weather :D

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, PirateShip said:

Did anyone force you make such a ridiculous statement. 

Folk travel all over to watch speedway even when their team isn't involved like myself because we enjoy the sport. 

Also without our support many clubs would close. 

Such as at Newcastle, many people travelled there from all over the UK because they wanted to help save Newcastle.

Belle Vue, Sheffield, Wolves, Glasgow, Poole, Plymouth fans were amongst others there who travelled so for you to av a pop at people who travel is down right disgusting, worra dumb nuts! 

Without these very supportive fans Newcastle speedway may now just be the fog on the Tyne! 

Yeah,dumb comment indeed:neutral:.

My apologies to all concerned.