British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
lisa-colette

Poole vs Edinburgh 4/8/21

5 minutes ago, BobC said:

One of the few that fit the 3.75 is Kyle Bickley. However, he is riding for Berwick at Redcar on Friday and is of course a Berwick rider, so cant guest for us on Saturday either! Possibly available for us at Newcastle on Sunday though. 

Maybe Jason Edwards  would like some extra rides.He is at Newcastle on Sunday anyway with Plymouth.

A shame about Basso Bob ,suppose you will just  have to wait .A settled seven with Cook, Basso back meaning continuity and bolstering more team spirit could be worth at least another five points a meeting.

Edited by Sidney the robin

2 minutes ago, Sidney the robin said:

A shame about Basso Bob ,suppose you will just  have to wait .A settled seven with Cook, Basso back meaning continuity and bolstering more team spirit could be worth at least another five points a meeting.

With the greatest of respect to our guests, yes it will, easily.

However, it could turn out in our favour bigtime if Benjamin rides well. After our Northern tour, we only have 3 more away meetings. Ride well in all home fixtures, he could be on a 6/7pts average. But for green sheet purposes, he wouldn't attain a new average, under the 4 home 4 away ruling! Next season would start on his assessed 5pts.

Conspiracy theories abound!

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, BobC said:

With the greatest of respect to our guests, yes it will, easily.

However, it could turn out in our favour bigtime if Benjamin rides well. After our Northern tour, we only have 3 more away meetings. Ride well in all home fixtures, he could be on a 6/7pts average. But for green sheet purposes, he wouldn't attain a new average, under the 4 home 4 away ruling! Next season would start on his assessed 5pts.

Conspiracy theories abound!

play offs would give him a few more matches 

53 minutes ago, Sidney the robin said:

I know you enjoyed your Newport days Pinny  , Iversen, Watson, Freddy ( ect)  personally  i enjoyed the Premier league with Gjedde, Allen , Fryer ( RIP).I know the Amalgamation did not really work all those years ago but for me British speedway maybe has some sort of chance of surviving if this happened and everyone worked together.???? Maybe  this is pie in the sky,  for me personally not really interested in the Premiership it is there in name only and the admission prices they charge are a joke.Do you think there is any chance of this happening? cannot see the Premiership surviving in this climate now for much longer.

I only loved the middle tier cos thats what I was brought up on and only ever seen every week as well as the Mavericks in the conference but for me those Premier League days with the likes of giedde stoney carr wilson wato cunningham Coles. Pickering etc were brilliant days even when we lost most weeks, a long long way ahead of what we are seeing these days.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Sidney the robin said:

I know you enjoyed your Newport days Pinny  , Iversen, Watson, Freddy ( ect)  personally  i enjoyed the Premier league with Gjedde, Allen , Fryer ( RIP).I know the Amalgamation did not really work all those years ago but for me British speedway maybe has some sort of chance of surviving if this happened and everyone worked together.???? Maybe  this is pie in the sky,  for me personally not really interested in the Premiership it is there in name only and the admission prices they charge are a joke.Do you think there is any chance of this happening? cannot see the Premiership surviving in this climate now for much longer.

Ps who is Freddie? Or did you mean Frank Smart ha

5 hours ago, Pinny said:

Can see Poole winning the league to be fair be interesting to see Shovvys thoughts on the second tier now , he seems well into it given his input on here . 

I was always a fan of top tier. Was disappointed when we announced we had dropped down. But now, would I prefer being in a 6 team league or a league double the size, when there is a tiny difference between the leagues in terms of strength? A full strength Poole with Basso and Ben Cook could go to Kings Lynn and win fairly easily imo.

Lets see what happens this winter but I think the Premier will amalgamate with the championship in some form or another.

Just now, Steve Shovlar said:

I was always a fan of top tier. Was disappointed when we announced we had dropped down. But now, would I prefer being in a 6 team league or a league double the size, when there is a tiny difference between the leagues in terms of strength? A full strength Poole with Basso and Ben Cook could go to Kings Lynn and win fairly easily imo.

Lets see what happens this winter but I think the Premier will amalgamate with the championship in some form or another.

The gap has got smaller year on year and is now closer than ever and until the top boys get enticed to come back, the gap will only close more. 

3 hours ago, mac101 said:

basso tested positive for covid so won’t be here for this weekends meetings watched him a few times on danish speedway think will do well 

Oh no!! This no2 position sure has a curse on it! I blame ZK if he didn't let people down (apparently) and get himself sacked, we'd be okay.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

I know there was an Edinburgh fan on here asking about a live stream, not quite the same but H4 is on the Speedway Portal account on Youtube with a 4 lap battle between Hume and Richie Worrall. Entertaining race I thought!

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Sidney the robin said:

Sorry Smartie he was great value.

Awesome. Even better after his ban than before too. 

4 hours ago, Sidney the robin said:

Think amalgamation should have taken place few seasons ago when it was obvious the difference between the leagues was narrowing,might have still be able to tempt decent foreigners to stay in UK,but they just kept reducing averages and finished up paying mediocre riders more money ,and running out of decent standard of riders.

• Like 2

On ‎8‎/‎5‎/‎2021 at 8:52 AM, Endeavour said:

It is a price to pay for being top heavy BUT a rider with 18 years experience should come to the tapes with a functioning bike. 
It’s a slap in the face to team mates that show a higher standard of professionalism. Nathan is a reserve who has been stuck in number 2 spot. Hopefully a spell at reserve will help his confidence and he can kick on.

He might have started out about 18 years ago but he had quite a few years off so has only ridden for about 12.

Constantly going on about poor machinery or maintenance will not do anything for a rider in his later years of speedway as he is not going to go out & spend a thousand or more on decent kit. From what I remember though, he did score relatively well when loaned 1 of Masters engines back in 2019.

21 hours ago, mac101 said:

play offs would give him a few more matches 

Only League points count towards averages. Play offs & Cup matches do not count.

23 hours ago, lisa-colette said:

I know there was an Edinburgh fan on here asking about a live stream, not quite the same but H4 is on the Speedway Portal account on Youtube with a 4 lap battle between Hume and Richie Worrall. Entertaining race I thought!

Yes and when compared to the video of Basso it shows how narrow some of our tracks are compared to the tracks abroad.
This must inhibit rider development as you have to be quite precise in your manoeuvre as Richie showed.

Thumbs up to Hume who along with Bowtell I watched as novices at Rye House and it’s great to see them keep at it and not lose heart. 
If U.K.speedway is to succeed in these difficult times then we need plenty more of these lads. 

• Like 2