British Speedway Forum
Shaleshifter

Poole Pirates Vs Scunthorpe Scorpions 18th August

Basso was reserve for the Danish U23 team in Germany a couple of weeks ago and had a couple of rides .. looked ok, but this was on a 400m track, i would say about the level of Leon Flint at the moment

9 hours ago, Steve Shovlar said:

As easy as expected but thank god a couple of the opposition put up a fight. Blown out of the water in the first 5 heats this was all over as a contest. A good crowd turned up and we’re treated at first to an under watered track. This was rectified after heat 4. But the starts were not even with advantage to gate 2 all night. 8 heat wins. From this gate.

For Scunthorpe Nicol was an excellent guest. His first ever visit to Poole but scored a very good 11 from 6 rides. Palin the next highest with 7 from 6. Interesting that the best two scorers were guests.

For Poole King only dropped one point as did Schlein. All riders did well with the exception of Bowtell who won heat 1 but struggled thereafter. The bigger news was the return of Ben Cook who looked rusty in his first two rides but brilliant in his last two as he got dialled in. With Ben Basso joining the team in the number two berth from herein it looks very ominous for the other clubs in the league. For the first time in ages Pirates will be at full strength.

A tough meeting at Redcar on Friday before entertaining Newcastle next Wednesday. Bring it on!

Any guest who comes in and scores four points from that tough number two berth has done his job.If Basso can do the same this side will take alot of beating Scunthorpe put in a spirited performance with a weakened team .Palin showing again what a fine prospect he is fingers crossed longterm for him when i have seen him he looks to have a terrific style.

• Like 1

Up the Speedway League we Pirates go! :party:

Yes folks I appeared on Eurosport at the British Final, think I displayed the Pirates colours quite well as I was clapping at the end of the national anthem :t:

C'mon the Pirates! :cheers:

Edited by PirateShip

12 hours ago, stevehone said:

Basso was reserve for the Danish U23 team in Germany a couple of weeks ago and had a couple of rides .. looked ok, but this was on a 400m track, i would say about the level of Leon Flint at the moment

Basso scored 13 from 6 rides last night for Felstead.

22 minutes ago, Skidder1 said:

You have a great history with some terrific Danes over the years Skidder hopefully this kid could be one for the future.Makes sense in a way don’t know the full story about Zane but his age maybe told the club he was not going to be there for the long haul.I hope Zane progresses at Plymouth he certainly is dedicated and is making a good jist of thing’s after a real setback.

10 minutes ago, Sidney the robin said:

You have a great history with some terrific Danes over the years Skidder hopefully this kid could be one for the future.Makes sense in a way don’t know the full story about Zane but his age maybe told the club he was not going to be there for the long haul.I hope Zane progresses at Plymouth he certainly is dedicated and is making a good jist of thing’s after a real setback.

Keleher got a bit naughty at Redcar on Sunday though. After a race, going along back straight, as he passed Jake Allen, he yanked the cut off from Allens bike. 

Redcar riders quickly surrounded him!

No idea what he must have been thinking, but seems both stupid and dangerous.

• Like 3
  • Haha 2

55 minutes ago, BobC said:

Keleher got a bit naughty at Redcar on Sunday though. After a race, going along back straight, as he passed Jake Allen, he yanked the cut off from Allens bike. 

If Basso does end up at reserve do you think that could make you less potent in  that position certainly away from home Bob.?Or do you think Cook could step up  and score six plus from the number two berth.With Cook/ Hume they look like they can score at least 10 plus between them and that is the worse scenario.

49 minutes ago, Sidney the robin said:

If Basso does end up at reserve do you think that could make you less potent in  that position certainly away from home Bob.?Or do you think Cook could step up  and score six plus from the number two berth.With Cook/ Hume they look like they can score at least 10 plus between them and that is the worse scenario.

The way our team is made up, if one rider has an iffy night, another seems to up his game to cover. Solid right through.

Got to give the lad a chance .Not going to be easy for Benjamin from the No.2 position. However, we have got this far with a low scoring No.2, so fingers crossed we can cover him while he settles in.

All power to his throttle hand!

1 hour ago, BobC said:

This is a sign of affection, riders often do it to their team mates..........

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

18 hours ago, Tosh1218 said:

Basso will struggle that’s a fact

i am pretty sure he will do well but #2 is a hard place to start from ht 1 inside gate if you get a good ride makes you feel better for other rides bad one you struggle and if the reserves are scoring better you usually loose your last ride 

4 hours ago, Skidder1 said:

Was it 6 rides of 5 Skidder ?

I only ask as the POL site I use, Speedway News gave his score from 5 rides which makes the 13 points look even better ;)

Results (from DMU.RS)
Team Fjelsted: 39

9. Frederik Jakobsen (W, 0, -, -, -) 0
10. Benjamin Basso (2,3,2,3,3) 13
11. Peter Kildemand (3, 2,3,0,2,2) 12
12. Dimitri Berge (1,0,3,2 *, 2,1) 9 + 1
12. Patryk Wojdyło (D, 0,1,3,0,1,0) 5

Slangerup Speedway: 45
1. Mikkel Michelsen (3,3,2,3,3,3) 17
2. Jonas Seifert-Salk (1 , 2,3,1 *, 1,1) 9 + 1
3. Andreas Lyager (2,1,2,2,1,2 *) 10 + 1
4. Daniel Jeleniewski (0,1,0, D, 2 , 3) 6
5. Silas Neergaard Hoegh (1.1 *, 1, W) 3 + 1

On 8/17/2021 at 1:57 AM, crescent girl said:

So now we learn Ben Basso isn't going to be riding in this one, either.....

Have Poole really signed a rider who races in the Danish League on Wednesday nights?

Ben Basso makes his debut for Poole tomorrow night at Redcar.

https://poole-speedway.com/news/view/2021-08-19-SKIPPER-HOPING-TO-GET-HIS-WISH-AS-PIRATES-HEAD-FOR-REDCAR

• Like 1

1 hour ago, mac101 said:

i am pretty sure he will do well but #2 is a hard place to start from ht 1 inside gate if you get a good ride makes you feel better for other rides bad one you struggle and if the reserves are scoring better you usually loose your last ride 

Good point mac and Middlo/ Havvy might have to be brutal and give Cook or Hume an extra ride if need be.But Poole should be able to bed him in most meeting’s certainly at home and give him his four rides .This league at number 2 on tracks you have never experienced is not a cakewalk a big ask time will tell.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Ghosty said:

This is a sign of affection, riders often do it to their team mates..........

So when they are not team mates...??

1 hour ago, STEVEHOLS54 said:

Was it 6 rides of 5 Skidder ?

I only ask as the POL site I use, Speedway News gave his score from 5 rides which makes the 13 points look even better ;)

Results (from DMU.RS)
Team Fjelsted: 39

9. Frederik Jakobsen (W, 0, -, -, -) 0
10. Benjamin Basso (2,3,2,3,3) 13
11. Peter Kildemand (3, 2,3,0,2,2) 12
12. Dimitri Berge (1,0,3,2 *, 2,1) 9 + 1
12. Patryk Wojdyło (D, 0,1,3,0,1,0) 5

Slangerup Speedway: 45
1. Mikkel Michelsen (3,3,2,3,3,3) 17
2. Jonas Seifert-Salk (1 , 2,3,1 *, 1,1) 9 + 1
3. Andreas Lyager (2,1,2,2,1,2 *) 10 + 1
4. Daniel Jeleniewski (0,1,0, D, 2 , 3) 6
5. Silas Neergaard Hoegh (1.1 *, 1, W) 3 + 1

Sorry. My source told me 6 rides. I'll have words with him when he gets back from the IOW later!!!