British Speedway Forum
Greg

Kings Lynn 2022

3 hours ago, DazS said:

yes its not as if you have any bills to pay

you never heard of doing a foreigner:rofl:.

5 hours ago, Lynnfan91 said:

I see Pickering was very happy to be in the Wolves pits, helping our playoff rivals win 

And why not?

They may need a guest in the play offs so it could keep his season going...

And guesting in play offs can bring a higher premium given the clubs willingness to offer a larger incentive than a normal meeting...

Given the whole season uses guests ad nauseam, who have all subsequently influenced the current table by doing so, it really is almost disingenuous of fans to complain towards the end of the season how these guests then shape the finish of it...

A bit late in the day for fans to question the credibility of a system that doesnt have any, after spending months being quite accepting of it...

I am sure Bomber will be keeping his bikes in good condition and his phone in his hand at all times...:D

• Like 1

Lawson Pickering and Klindt are all here to earn money if Buster said I will pay you your match average points money not ride I think they’d taken him up on it but can’t see Buster doing that - not sure what the answer is though the sport can’t be taken seriously while guest manipulate the league table..

8 hours ago, Lynnfan91 said:

I see Pickering was very happy to be in the Wolves pits, helping our playoff rivals win 

While it was still mathematically possible for Lynn to make the playoffs, too many miracles required for this to happen.  For that reason, I think you are grasping at straws to refer to Wolves as your playoff rivals.

• Like 2

11 hours ago, Haza said:

Lawson Pickering and Klindt are all here to earn money if Buster said I will pay you your match average points money not ride I think they’d taken him up on it but can’t see Buster doing that - not sure what the answer is though the sport can’t be taken seriously while guest manipulate the league table..

Exactly why it is best not to take it seriously and just watch the racing...

It won't ever move on to become "mainstream" as it is so severely restricted by its operating model, which will always dissuade any major sponsors or media to get involved.. 

But it still can be a very decent night out if you take it at face value as being nothing much more than somewhat of a contrived, but entertaining and exciting, proposition..

• Like 2

12 hours ago, Haza said:

Guests haven’t manipulated the league table as far as KL are concerned, that’s down to poor team building, once again.

1 minute ago, Red Flag said:

Guests haven’t manipulated the league table as far as KL are concerned, that’s down to poor team building, once again.

Far too simiplistic to say that, there is an element of 'poor team building' but Kildemand and Thomas getting injured were blows as was the Iversen situation. I actually think the team looked very good early in the season but too many meetings were lost in the last couple of heats. The team is much better than last year but it hasn't quite clicked at times.

Maybe those two guesting yesterday hasn't had a bearing but it looks horrendous and further erodes what credibility is left.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Bagpuss said:

Far too simiplistic to say that, there is an element of 'poor team building' but Kildemand and Thomas getting injured were blows as was the Iversen situation. I actually think the team looked very good early in the season but too many meetings were lost in the last couple of heats. The team is much better than last year but it hasn't quite clicked at times.

Maybe those two guesting yesterday hasn't had a bearing but it looks horrendous and further erodes what credibility is left.

I was impressed with Thomas and yes he was a big miss, for me Kildemand was always a massive risk and one race away from getting injured, accident always waiting to happen and don’t think he really wanted to be over here.

Am I right in saying King's Lynn didn't have Eurosport meeting this year? I am sure the sponsors will be thrilled.

1 hour ago, eric i said:

Am I right in saying King's Lynn didn't have Eurosport meeting this year? I am sure the sponsors will be thrilled.

You are correct- it was due to have been Belle Vue but was called off in dubious circumstances on the Sunday when weather forecast spoke of shower Monday night and Monday came and was totally dry - also it think the club was without Jorgensen that night had it been on 

3 hours ago, mc131 said:

Any idea when Edwards will be back?

Next week from what I think I heard at tonight’s meeting. 

if Doyle has come to Lynn, rather than Ipswich, the Stars would have been very good. 

anyway, I’ve seen some decent racing in the meetings I have seen at the AFA , none more so than in tonight’s meeting against Wolves. Old fashioned speedway in a couple of races where lead changed hands more than once.

track seemed really good for racing

• Thanks 1