British Speedway Forum
Greg

Kings Lynn 2022

12 hours ago, Speedball said:

Good start to the season from Ritchie Worrall. 15 point max for Leicester on Saturday and 9+2 from 5 rides guesting for Sheffield at Belle Vue this evening in the No 3 position. Could be a real trump card at reserve early on.

I just noticed Richard went well for Brummie's select at Wolves last night.

Scoring 1,3,2,2,3,1,3 .15 of the Brummi'es 34 points.

• Like 1

Yep Lawson has started very well too.

Bodes well, although the next two Thursdays could wee all over that :D

• Like 1

I was listening to a speedway podcast earlier and it was suggested that kildemand probably won’t come over to the uk at all. If this is true and NKI has to leave the team where do you go from here ? Get Jake Allen once his 4 weeks is up at belle vue ? Or try and get smolinski or someone from the vet lands team that has just filed for bankruptcy 

If you mean the Round the Boards podcast I think that was rumour/speculation concerning Kildemand. Although personally I have concerns about his shoulder seeing as he had all winter to get it sorted (presumably) and its gone after his first practice session.

If he doesn't come over Lord knows who would replace he and Puk.

1 hour ago, Bagpuss said:

If you mean the Round the Boards podcast I think that was rumour/speculation concerning Kildemand. Although personally I have concerns about his shoulder seeing as he had all winter to get it sorted (presumably) and its gone after his first practice session.

Yes was round the boards. I’m not sure if it was one of the presenters made the rumour up or this something a few people are hearing ? Worrying times ahead of that is the case though. 

I think its a rumour one of them heard.

I wouldn't worry until its something to worry about, it's wasted energy until then.

• Like 2

Lemon said on Monday god help some teams when they have to replace riders soon. Maybe hinting that Lynn would need a replacement for killer

2 hours ago, PhilTheAce said:

Lemon said on Monday god help some teams when they have to replace riders soon. Maybe hinting that Lynn would need a replacement for killer

Are Poland about to flex there muscle further ??

51 minutes ago, scoobydoo said:

Are Poland about to flex there muscle further ??

Poland's 2nd and 3rd tiers have got excellent investment this season from a new TV deal and, with that, comes the usual increase in sponsors who want to get seen....

Maybe that has persuaded a fair few to give the UK a miss given they can earn well riding just one meeting a week in Poland, as well as riding in their own countries....

Just because they are allowed to do "Poland and two others" at that level, doesn't mean they have to if they feel they are earning enough...

And the Polish Div 2 and 3 heat leaders are the "target market" I would think for the UK promoters...

Got to love rumours .

On 4/1/2022 at 9:18 AM, Bagpuss said:

Are they the same people that do the no brakes, no fear podcast which is starting again next week. If so they might keep tabs on it.

1 hour ago, lisa-colette said:

Are they the same people that do the no brakes, no fear podcast which is starting again next week. If so they might keep tabs on it.

Nope don't think so, the Round the Boards one is by three chaps who are doing their first podcasts. The main guy is a Lynn fan, it's worth a listen. 

Surely it should be called round the air fence?  :)

Hello,

I just read recent Speedway Star, section with season preview. In King's Lynn I found such a part:

image.png.d1b4b5a71ad020f5ad26404dc79ef20a.png

What is "Premiership: 2001" in there? At that time there was no Premiership. King's Lynn was riding in Elite League and didn't win it. I didn't find any competition they won that year.