British Speedway Forum

On 8/2/2022 at 1:03 PM, cowboy cookie returns? said:

It's a typical grey speedway rule. States the % of premiership matches that are completed before changes can be made but makes no reference to if window closes before the season starts or after the league cup group meetings have been completed. Bend the rule to fit your own agenda, like Belle Vue with Zager!

Although you could argue Lynn have done the same with Iversen sign a rider and keep him even when you know you can't use him because of the regulations, then when you can't sign anyone else have a facility granted.

Welcome to speedway you couldn't make it up!

Not quite correct...

The whole point of it is you do make it up...:D

(In the UK that is obviously)...;)

Anders Rowe guesting for Ippo tonight... can somebody remind me which club he's guesting from? Genuine question

• Like 1

I don't see the point of Rowe being here if he is gonna keep getting out of everyone's way on first bend 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, iainb said:

Anders Rowe guesting for Ippo tonight... can somebody remind me which club he's guesting from? Genuine question

Was wondering the same, guest at Scunny tomorrow as well. Who is he attached to.

10 minutes ago, brewer said:

Was wondering the same, guest at Scunny tomorrow as well. Who is he attached to.

Ipswich!!

He is officially still declared as part of the side as the RS. Danyon is the No8 but in possession of the jacket

We could've named Anders as the RS at 7 and Danyon in place of Ben but cleverly chose to keep Danyon at 7 and name Anders as a guest 

To qualify to be a guest you must be in a declared team and have an average lower than the rider you are replacing - Anders ticks both boxes!

Again it shows how flakey the regulations are as no one had foreseen this situation which could not have arisen without this year's unique RS/Not set up

Edited by dontforgetthefueltapsbruv
  • Like 1

27 minutes ago, brewer said:

He's attached to Ipswich so it makes perfect speedway sense that he guested for Ipswich tonight!

• Haha 1

Good getting a win,,,, but what a load of bore that was,,, track far too grippy for decent racing,,, okay there was a few passes,,, but I bet they were top riders passing reserves.  

12 minutes ago, cowboy cookie returns? said:

He's attached to Ipswich so it makes perfect speedway sense that he guested for Ipswich tonight!

So he was guesting for himself? Just when you think you've seen it all...

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Baldyman said:

Good getting a win,,,, but what a load of bore that was,,, track far too grippy for decent racing,,, okay there was a few passes,,, but I bet they were top riders passing reserves.  

Super fast track. Back fired as the Stars wasn't fast out of the gate. Best crowd of the season. Buster needs to realise that a fast track isn't the best track for racing...

26 minutes ago, sommelier1 said:

Rowe consistent tonight!!

I said Rowe would only get 3 rides and replaced in his last by one of the reserves. At least Ipswich won’t have much to pay out for a guest!

• Like 1

Haven't got a clue why I put my post on here,,, should have been on the match thread,,,, sorry, I'm a dumbass 

Must be the Norfolk air affecting you

40 minutes ago, Bash said:

Must be the Norfolk air affecting you

No Norfolk air left,Allitt has sucked that all away,well he's deflated me anyway like most of the Lynn faithful.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

59 minutes ago, iainb said:

So he was guesting for himself? Just when you think you've seen it all...

Not at all, he was replaced by rider B so he can guest for rider C, simple NOT!!