British Speedway Forum

I see admission has gone up to £20 this year. Is this good value for 15 heats of racing ? However if this includes a junior league meeting of six heats then I think it is a reasonable price 

but what concerns me is that the premiership was supposed to have a junior league last year but it never happened. Here we are with p&p this week and absolutely no idea if this league is going ahead and who will represent Ipswich!!!

rumour had it that your premiership 7&8 would head the team which would be excellent and worthy of staying to watch rather than wobblers. 

21 minutes ago, Racin Jason 72 said:

I see admission has gone up to £20 this year. Is this good value for 15 heats of racing ? However if this includes a junior league meeting of six heats then I think it is a reasonable price 

but what concerns me is that the premiership was supposed to have a junior league last year but it never happened. Here we are with p&p this week and absolutely no idea if this league is going ahead and who will represent Ipswich!!!

rumour had it that your premiership 7&8 would head the team which would be excellent and worthy of staying to watch rather than wobblers. 

Just from reading between the line in various other threads it is more likely to be akin the the few mdl meetings we saw all those years ago

Gradings using up to 8 points with No8 if used taking 4 of those 

It won't be every meeting with only around 6 likely in total

• Like 1

Wait till next year when it's 21,22 quid,, I think this year at 20 it's a whole note,, but a whole note and change on top,,, that's when people will really start questioning it.. There will a price point where people say,, that's it,, but I don't think 20 is it,,, 21 22 maybe

35 minutes ago, Racin Jason 72 said:

Unfortunately looks like the Premiership junior league is just lip service as before and unlikely to happen again this season. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Baldyman said:

Wait till next year when it's 21,22 quid,, I think this year at 20 it's a whole note,, but a whole note and change on top,,, that's when people will really start questioning it.. There will a price point where people say,, that's it,, but I don't think 20 is it,,, 21 22 maybe

It's a very brave move putting the admission up to £20.00 at the same time as a massive rise in household bills 

In my eyes £20 takes it above a price point that offers anything like value for money. I suppose we'll see though.

Also another year with no bank holiday fixtures. Not having these must be a financial hit as they regularly brought the best gates of the season.

• Like 2

1st meeting of the season has to be something special to get fans to return the 2 weeks after.... 

And I'll put myself in that bracket :blink:

• Like 1

1 hour ago, 2ndbendbeerhut said:

1st meeting of the season has to be something special to get fans to return the 2 weeks after.... 

And I'll put myself in that bracket :blink:

Problem with that is,,, the first meeting is nearly always a total bore fest on a very slick track,,, maybe though the weather may be warm enough this year to change that. 

23 hours ago, dontforgetthefueltapsbruv said:

Just from reading between the line in various other threads it is more likely to be akin the the few mdl meetings we saw all those years ago

Gradings using up to 8 points with No8 if used taking 4 of those 

It won't be every meeting with only around 6 likely in total

IF it happens....it would only be 3 PJL home meetings and potentially an extra PJL play off later in the season. Im sure there have been a few approaches to riders but im yet to be convinced that the teams are finalised yet or even close to it. 

Edit even got that wrong 2 groups of 3 would be 2 home 2 away and potential play off. Im sure the riders are queueing up for 4 extra midweek matches

Edited by Sings4Speedway
missed a bit
  • Thanks 1

£20 is terrible value for money!!! Added in utilities and fuel going up as well its got death knell all over it 

I’d rather praise the Ipswich promotion for being the only club at least trying to encourage the future support of the club/sport by still allowing the youngsters in for FREE. Everyone else is charging, ranging from a Fiver to 8 quid!

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Arch Stanton said:

I’d rather praise the Ipswich promotion for being the only club at least trying to encourage the future support of the club/sport by still allowing the youngsters in for FREE. Everyone else is charging, ranging from a Fiver to 8 quid!

What's the use of that when parents can't afford to go. 

5 minutes ago, Panthers99 said:

I don't think going up 2 quid per adult is awful considering it hasn't gone up for a couple of years. All costs will have gone up and it will cost more to run a meeting plus with the amount of miles riders do, fuel costs are going to affect them a lot too so will need to be paid more. 

• Like 1

I said last season I'd rather pay with a note then handle some change back from one, it ends up clogging up the washing machine or lost down the sofa

As Arch Stanton mentioned, for me £20 is ok with the kids FREE as I usually only have my daughter wanting to go, so for me it's fine, might start bringing my own food tho...

Saying that, I'll only likely be at 3 or 4 meetings at best this year, mainly with specific riders are in town

Speedway is a low priority for me but I know it's a high priority for others and the witches have a large following like this so it will be interesting to see if they maintain as much support depending on entrance fee, cost of living, performance on track etc. 

6 hours ago, Arch Stanton said:

Doesn't really make any difference if its £19 or £20 if kids are £7 or £8.  All of a sudden its nearing £30 for the adult taking them . It's not as though it would be the kids paying you themselves is it? 

From not missing any meetings at home since I started to go in the 80s as a kid its now getting to a stage I miss more than I goto .

It's all about value for money..

£20 for British speedway can be poor value where by £100 for a GP trip in Poland can be good value.  

Edited by 2ndbendbeerhut
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, Panthers99 said:

So short sighted and terrible attitude.

Costs me 20 quid for me and my daughter to go to Foxhall, will cost me £29 at Peterborough! That’s a huge difference. 

My daughter wasn’t initially keen to go at the beginning, and I certainly wouldn’t have paid to take her knowing she wasn’t overly fussed about going, but because she was free to get in I dragged her along for company to see what she thought. 

She now won’t miss a meeting, and it’s actually me that can’t be bothered some nights but I end up going for her. Club merchandise, teenage crush on Heeps, the works! You never can tell, but every chance in a few years once she turns 17, she’ll return as a paying customer. How many others are just like her? Saw more youngsters at Foxhall last year than probably all the away tracks I visited combined. Is there any wonder?

Again, well done to the Ipswich promotion for some forward thinking, pity the others aren’t of the same mindset 

• Like 3