British Speedway Forum

31 minutes ago, dontforgetthefueltapsbruv said:

Good point Baldy

Thinking like a true Speedway administrator :D

As we all know,, if the rules are not written properly,, they are open to interpretation,, and another unclear point is whos 25,,,a teams,, the leagues? 

It should be from one date to another,, that way all teams have the same chance to makes changes,,, not fair one one or more teams that happen to be behind in their fixtures to to rain offs for example 

Edited by Baldyman

3 hours ago, tocha said:

Riders available potentially following the demise of Vetlanda in the Swedish League :-

Piotr Pawlicki 
Aleksander Loktaev 
Pawel Przedpelski 
Rune Holta (Poland) 

although it is believed Przedpelski is set to join Vastervik to replace unavailable Artem Laguta.

Maybe Pawlicki might but doubt any of the others would ride in the UK and even saying Pawlicki might he will cost a small fortune

5 hours ago, Falcon1983 said:

Maybe Pawlicki might but doubt any of the others would ride in the UK and even saying Pawlicki might he will cost a small fortune

Rides with Doyle for Lezsno.... Would add to the excitement too 

On 4/19/2022 at 10:03 PM, Baldyman said:

I see Heeps has pulled out of Oxford tomorrow through illness. 

AllYouCanEatChineseBuffetitis I'm hearing

• Haha 1

On 4/19/2022 at 7:17 PM, cowboycookfan said:

image.png.1336b9ae4dc7f0d3dffdb25777c3ce62.png

Almost every match I went to. If I couldn't go for any reason, I would cry. Now I think I would cry if I had to go. Come on Loubie, sort it out.

• Like 1

17 hours ago, ipswichwitches said:

I'm guessing that regulation 012.3 would prevent any immediate team changes.

A Premiership Transfer Window opens after 25% of the League fixtures are complete and closes when 75% of League fixtures are complete. This permits changes to the team on 2 occasions, except for proven long term injury.

Not sure if it's 25% of a teams fixtures or 25% of all league fixtures. if it's a team's fixtures, then our 5th fixture is Thursday 2nd June at home to Kings Lynn. If it's 25% of all fixtures, then it could be any time.

As well as Baldyman's point about the 25%, what does "changes to the team on 2 occasions" mean:

• 2 single rider swaps
    or
  • 2 changes involving any number of riders?

• Like 1

i would believe that team changes are allowed before the league season starts then there is a window between 25% fixtures and 75% of fixtures completed

Look at Belle Vue and the side they have declared for the league cup, whether or not they are using the term short term contract for Jake, they have a rider coming in to start the league campaign

They have not declared Zagar in the side and using Jake as a guest, so changes must be allowable before league racing starts as there are no contracts in British Speedway right? any rider can get the chop at any time

22 hours ago, ipswichwitches said:

I'm guessing that regulation 012.3 would prevent any immediate team changes.

A Premiership Transfer Window opens after 25% of the League fixtures are complete and closes when 75% of League fixtures are complete. This permits changes to the team on 2 occasions, except for proven long term injury.

Not sure if it's 25% of a teams fixtures or 25% of all league fixtures. if it's a team's fixtures, then our 5th fixture is Thursday 2nd June at home to Kings Lynn. If it's 25% of all fixtures, then it could be any time.

My understanding is it’s 25% of league fixtures 

1 hour ago, Falcon1983 said:

i would believe that team changes are allowed before the league season starts then there is a window between 25% fixtures and 75% of fixtures completed

Look at Belle Vue and the side they have declared for the league cup, whether or not they are using the term short term contract for Jake, they have a rider coming in to start the league campaign

They have not declared Zagar in the side and using Jake as a guest, so changes must be allowable before league racing starts as there are no contracts in British Speedway right? any rider can get the chop at any time

Zager needs a work permit and my understanding is that these are taking longer since Brexit.

4 minutes ago, bigcatdiary said:

Zager needs a work permit and my understanding is that these are taking longer since Brexit.

Absolutely but they have not declared him in their 1-7 at the start of the season - all they have done is announced Jake on a short-term deal 

So if they are allowed to bring in Zagar for the start of the league season, then other teams should be allowed to make team changes before the start of the league campaign

If not, then Belle Vue should be completing the first 25% of fixtures with the current lineup and only bring in Zagar after 5 league meetings have been raced.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Falcon1983 said:

Absolutely but they have not declared him in their 1-7 at the start of the season - all they have done is announced Jake on a short-term deal 

So if they are allowed to bring in Zagar for the start of the league season, then other teams should be allowed to make team changes before the start of the league campaign

If not, then Belle Vue should be completing the first 25% of fixtures with the current lineup and only bring in Zagar after 5 league meetings have been raced.

Couldn't agree more.If Belle Vue can do it,then so should the other 5 teams be allowed.Mind you the way it is for Lynn at the moment they may have to do the same.It's the will he won't he ride with KIldemand at the moment.Although he is out for 10 days at least now.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, tellboy said:

Couldn't agree more.If Belle Vue can do it,then so should the other 5 teams be allowed.Mind you the way it is for Lynn at the moment they may have to do the same.It's the will he won't he ride with KIldemand at the moment.Although he is out for 10 days at least now.

yeah 10 days at least depending on the site reporting as apparently he has potentially broken a fair few bones as well

2 hours ago, Falcon1983 said:

To be fair it’s not been tested so only the BSPL know fully how it will operate but I was told that no changes are allowed until 25% of league fixtures are completed.

The other thing to remember is ALL changes have to be approved by the BSPL. That has proved in the past to be a real bone of contention.

23 hours ago, bigcatdiary said:

My understanding is it’s 25% of league fixtures 

That's still not clear - do you mean each team or overall?

With the patchy fixture list, 25% of the total number of fixtures could mean that some teams might have had 3 or 4 matches, and others 6 or 7 ... 

• Like 1