British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
waiheke1

Wildcards 2022

20 hours ago, Bavarian said:

Lambert AND Bewley should get wildcards - we already have four Poles, so we could (should) have three Brits

The four Poles qualified, only one Brit did. Bewley is one of my favourite riders, but he doesn't deserve a WC for next year. Maybe ready in 2024?

• Like 4

11 hours ago, waiheke1 said:

No way Smoli should be anywhere near a wildcard picj

Agreed 100%.  He wasn't even in Germanys SON this year, so if his country cannot put him in their top 2 what logic is there he in in speedway gp.

Edited by OveFundinFan
  • Like 1

9 hours ago, SPEEDY69 said:

I'd agree wirth Smolinski, he qualified for the series but couldn't take his place due to injury. Others have had multiple seasons in the 'also ran' category. 

That was a couple years ago he quailed but didn’t take his place due to injuries. Think he been injured again since. He is not up to scratch.

7 hours ago, OveFundinFan said:

That was a couple years ago he quailed but didn’t take his place due to injuries. Think he been injured again since. He is not up to scratch.

Just like Vaculik then eh?  You all would've said Smoli wasn't up to scratch then but he qualified - depends if they want to be fair or not  ;):D

Edited by SPEEDY69

On 10/3/2021 at 8:29 AM, r8gdp said:

I think madsen and doyle are certs 

think thomsen will get a pick after finishing 3rd in Russia 

lambert s finishing with 3 semifinals in  the last 3 gps should see him get a pick 

and due to his injuries I d expect them to give vaculik a pick   

I think you're right there, given the GP schedule.

• Like 1

On 10/3/2021 at 5:37 AM, Fromafar said:

I think it should be the best riders irrespective of Nationality.

Absolutely...

20 hours ago, szkocjasid said:

Then they deserve to be there! If you want new young exciting riders in the GP, they need to near the older riders in the qualifiers!

Absolutely...

Edited by chunky

On 10/2/2021 at 12:22 PM, KingoftheTrack said:

Thomsen & Lambert haven't done anything to deserve a wildcard imo

It seems that you want riders in "on merit", so I assume you want as close to the Top 15 as is possible? So, how many riders NOT in the GP's would have made five semi-finals this year? Which is what Lambert did...

• Like 4

2 hours ago, SPEEDY69 said:

Just like Vaculik then eh?  You all would've said Smoli wasn't up to scratch then but he qualified - depends if they want to be fair or not  ;):D

Actually, Smolinski didn't qualify.

He finished 10th in the GP Challenge, but was picked as first reserve which would have given him a place when Greg retired...

Edited by HenryW
  • Like 2

17 minutes ago, chunky said:

It seems that you want riders in "on merit", so I assume you want as close to the Top 15 as is possible? So, how many riders NOT in the GP's would have made five semi-finals this year? Which is what Lambert did...

J. Holder, Kubera, Nicki P etc.

• Haha 1

When, normally, do riders get a call asking if they want a wildcard for the following year.  I would love to be in at the discussion.

44 minutes ago, racers and royals said:

Every chance that anyone expecting a surprise or two is going to be disappointed. 

Worst pack of wildcard choices ever. Which is saying something.

Looks like Discovery are starting off with a whimper just like BSI finished with.

Next we will hear that Morris is staying on.

Edited by Grand Central
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1

5 minutes ago, Grand Central said:

F

Why ??  New blood in Michelsen and Przedpelski. Returning blood in Dudek. 2022 will be  a much better line-up than 2021 

Edited by racers and royals
  • Like 1

7 minutes ago, Grand Central said:

Looks like Discovery are starting off with a whimper just like BSI finished with.

Next we will hear that Morris is staying on.

The only one that might have been considered ahead of one of the five is Kubera, but he lost out because there were already four Poles in the field. 
As far as Morris is concerned, he’s employed by FIM not the promoters and has been the best race director by far.