British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
BartoszZmarzlikFan

Panthers vs. Tigers 20/09 Live on EUROSPORT

1 hour ago, KingoftheTrack said:

Maybe Buster will be doing the Norfolk clubs a favour by walking away if tonight is anything to go by.

The woeful track was literally the only reason why Sheffield won tonight.

As soon as Sheffield won the toss and Kelvin got the dirtometer out and described the track I knew we were going to lose in all honesty. 

As I said earlier this evening Bomber was never going to score well on that track tonight because he's a racer who rides the boards and tonight you couldn't do that until the meeting was over. 

Curb crawling contest for two thirds of the meeting like Daugavpils tbh and if you moved off the line then you was passed.

That will be the end for the Prem. You want to meet for a pint next season fella

• Like 1

7 hours ago, KingoftheTrack said:

Maybe Buster will be doing the Norfolk clubs a favour by walking away if tonight is anything to go by.

The woeful track was literally the only reason why Sheffield won tonight.

As soon as Sheffield won the toss and Kelvin got the dirtometer out and described the track I knew we were going to lose in all honesty. 

As I said earlier this evening Bomber was never going to score well on that track tonight because he's a racer who rides the boards and tonight you couldn't do that until the meeting was over. 

Curb crawling contest for two thirds of the meeting like Daugavpils tbh and if you moved off the line then you was passed.

I don’t think it was the track that was the only reason we won tonight. We were making gates for the first time this season pretty consistently (which we haven’t this season at all ) and we were more aggressive on track. All our team contributed on the same night for the first time. Peterborough even had to use the T/S at home which many Peterborough fans said last Thursday shouldn’t be allowed !!! Was the track relaid for this meeting or is it the usual material they’ve used all season ? Personally I think last nights performance from the home team was a one off and they just expected to win. They will be back on it Thursday 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Charlieboy said:

I don’t think it was the track that was the only reason we won tonight. We were making gates for the first time this season pretty consistently (which we haven’t this season at all ) and we were more aggressive on track. All our team contributed on the same night for the first time. Peterborough even had to use the T/S at home which many Peterborough fans said last Thursday shouldn’t be allowed !!! Was the track relaid for this meeting or is it the usual material they’ve used all season ? Personally I think last nights performance from the home team was a one off and they just expected to win. They will be back on it Thursday 

Better team won on the night no arguments here.

We took the cheap option on a guest at 1 and had others off their game.  Wake up call? Quite probably but as I've said even if we do nothing in the play offs I am so pleased in what this unit have achieved this season against all the odds.

• Like 1

Cant argue that sheffield wanted it way more and were under no pressure, toft and palin seemed to ride new surface ok . Bjarne hasnt been same since that injury , providing pboro win thursday who rides at reserve in play off will dictate who they choose

1 hour ago, Charlieboy said:

The track last night was completely different to what we have had all year, the fact that the outside was modelled on the Daugavpils track at the weekend just compounded the problem if you missed the start, which unfortunately we did on a regular basis. Any attempt to come off the quicker inside line meant you generally went backwards.

Palm Toft and Palin aside the team was poor and I haven’t said that much this year, Sheffield deservedly won last night.

I am hoping it was a wake up call but if we get any more tracks like that matches won’t be the only thing we lose.

11 hours ago, tellboy said:

Nicholls was spot on i think in regards if they finish 2nd.It gives the headache to someone else then.If Peterborough finish top it's a headache for who they would pick imo.

That seems rather odd logic to be honest.

10 hours ago, arnieg said:

Dave Robinson

So who was the ref. One says Jim McGregor, you say Dave Robinson, and the official score chart on Speedway GB says Mick Bates.

• Haha 1

37 minutes ago, bigcatdiary said:

The track last night was completely different to what we have had all year, the fact that the outside was modelled on the Daugavpils track at the weekend just compounded the problem if you missed the start, which unfortunately we did on a regular basis. Any attempt to come off the quicker inside line meant you generally went backwards.

Palm Toft and Palin aside the team was poor and I haven’t said that much this year, Sheffield deservedly won last night.

I am hoping it was a wake up call but if we get any more tracks like that matches won’t be the only thing we lose.

What was also strange with the track was the fact that with all the years experience in the Panthers team not one of them seemed to know or find a set up to get them out the starts to match what Sheffield riders were doing ,the starts were the defining factor in most races as going off the fast inside line just wasn't working at all. 

1 minute ago, scoobydoo said:

What was also strange with the track was the fact that with all the years experience in the Panthers team not one of them seemed to know or find a set up to get them out the starts to match what Sheffield riders were doing ,the starts were the defining factor in most races as going off the fast inside line just wasn't working at all. 

It was weird but I really don't want to take anything away from Sheffield at all.  Too many had an off night to be competitive

20 minutes ago, Beowulf said:

That seems rather odd logic to be honest.

Based on last night, I don't think it matters who Peterborough choose. I can't see them getting into the final unless they improve dramatically.

21 minutes ago, crazyb said:

So who was the ref. One says Jim McGregor, you say Dave Robinson, and the official score chart on Speedway GB says Mick Bates.

I said Jim McGregor because I was told it was him and I saw him in the pits before the meeting started, Programme stated Dave Robinson, unfortunately the programme this year has been wrong on a few occasions.

I didn’t see either Dave Robinson or Mick Bates on the night although TV meetings used to have a steward as well. I am not sure if they still do this.

In all the meetings Hans Andersen has ridden at the showground since dropping to reserve he hasn't won one heat 2 and even finishing 4th in the last 2 matches in a race everyone would expect is a certain win for him, when you think with the talk of him being elevated to #1 seems odd that his average has risen based mostly on his away performances 

Edited by scoobydoo

1 minute ago, bigcatdiary said:

I said Jim McGregor because I was told it was him and I saw him in the pits before the meeting started, Programme stated Dave Robinson, unfortunately the programme this year has been wrong on a few occasions.

I didn’t see either Dave Robinson or Mick Bates on the night although TV meetings used to have a steward as well. I am not sure if they still do this.

Yes they still have a steward for TV matches at wolves last week was Tony Steel 

27 minutes ago, Grachan said:

Based on last night, I don't think it matters who Peterborough choose. I can't see them getting into the final unless they improve dramatically.

All teams have blips its just fortunate that Peterborough's may have come the week before the play offs are run, they have been the most consistant team so far snd if they all comeback firing fully together which hasnt happened fully yet someone could be in for a very hard meeting

Does a certain ex promoter “takeover” the track prep for tv meetings still? He was always know for preparing very smooth tracks but typically just one line.