British Speedway Forum
Flappy

Peterborough Panthers 2022

Nice to open the revamped British Speedway page and then to be greeted by the best team in the country .

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, scoobydoo said:

Expect both Dan Gilkes and Max Perry to be 2 members of the Thundercats 

Will be very interesting to see what level the PJL is aimed at? Initial rumours was NDL reserve/second string level, the few proposed squads i saw from last year were NDL reserve / MDL level. I certainly think Perry is likely to be included but not sure Gilkes will take any part due to both ability level and costs. 

17 minutes ago, Sings4Speedway said:

Will be very interesting to see what level the PJL is aimed at? Initial rumours was NDL reserve/second string level, the few proposed squads i saw from last year were NDL reserve / MDL level. I certainly think Perry is likely to be included but not sure Gilkes will take any part due to both ability level and costs. 

Surely the likes of Gilkes, Thompsons, Hume, Mulford will be used, as I assume they will be 'paid' to attend as No.8 anyway?

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Gambo said:

Surely the likes of Gilkes, Thompsons, Hume, Mulford will be used, as I assume they will be 'paid' to attend as No.8 anyway?

Certainly interesting discussion(s) will be taking place. It might be that the opportunity itself plus bit of team wear will be enough for some riders to turn up, others may want a bit of fuel money to stand there but at any level bikes aren't cheap to run and compensating the PJL riders is going to add onto the PL clubs bills. 

It hasn't been properly mapped out anywhere is the number 8's will always be in attendance anyway...

Makes sence to have the number 8s ride in the PJL if they have to attend anyway 

Edited by scoobydoo

12 hours ago, scoobydoo said:

Makes sence to have the number 8s ridd in the PJL if they have to attend anyway 

Has it been documented anywhere that the no.8's have to be in attendance? Even running bikes at a sub par level is still costly and they won't be turning out for nothing. 

Have there been any rules/regs for the PJL team building listed anywhere? 

1 hour ago, Sings4Speedway said:

Sarcastic head on today then? :)

Edited by gazzac
  • Haha 1

22 hours ago, Gambo said:

My understanding is that the Premiership No 8’s were the No 1 riders in the junior teams

3 hours ago, Sings4Speedway said:

Has it been documented anywhere that the no.8's have to be in attendance? Even running bikes at a sub par level is still costly and they won't be turning out for nothing. 

Maybe somewhere in someone head it has been listed , when i initially said expect im guessing like others are at the moment

Believe an Ipswich fan posted on another thread that Chris Louis wants his #8 to be in attendance at the meetings

Edited by scoobydoo

Be interesting  to see where this team finishes, my thoughts are a top two finish with Sheffield the main threat unless Belle Vue pull off a couple of shocks. Peterborough fans are going to love Basso with his never give up attitude and he will be at reserve which is a big plus. 

Panthers and Kildemand racing in the Bjarne Pedersen testimonial meeting against Poole