British Speedway Forum
Flappy

Peterborough Panthers 2022

33 minutes ago, Flappy said:

Getting battered at Poole tonight albeit without Harris and Basso 

At least they have all survived the night uninjured , disappointing score from MPT 

Wouldn't worry about tonight's score.

Riders just use these meetings to try out different set ups / equipment.

Basically a football friendly where football managers don't really care about the result and they just use the match to try out different players / formations. 

40 minutes ago, scoobydoo said:

At least they have all survived the night uninjured , disappointing score from MPT 

I'm actually quite pessimistic about this season. Last season was a dream and I loved every minute but feel we've got it wrong when building the team. 

Bjarne is a huge miss.

14 minutes ago, Flappy said:

I'm actually quite pessimistic about this season. Last season was a dream and I loved every minute but feel we've got it wrong when building the team. 

Bjarne is a huge miss.

Interesting view considering you have 6 out of 7 from last year. Most champion sides are lucky to keep 3/4 of previous year! I think you are worrying too much atm. Who knows who is going to be on form and who isn't. 

30 minutes ago, Flappy said:

Bjarne is a huge miss.

Expectation is always higher when your team wins something ,  but the real 2022 Panthers team includes Harris & Basso as well

they labelled this as "challenge of the champions" then weakened the real Peterborough team and strenghtened the Poole team, 

We may crash and burn this season but the 6 who have returned deserved to be included in 2022 for there efforts in 2021

Edited by scoobydoo
  • Like 2

20 minutes ago, Flappy said:

Bjarne is a huge miss.

I think that you would be pessimistic if you had Zmarzlik and Dudek in your team. 

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, foreverblue said:

I think that you would be pessimistic if you had Zmarzlik and Dudek in your team. 

See that's not true. I was excited about last season. 

We shouldn't have signed Ostergaard and subsequently signed a stronger reserve and we would've challenged to retain the title for me.

Edited by Flappy

19 minutes ago, scoobydoo said:

Expectation is always higher when your team wins something ,  but the real 2022 Panthers team includes Harris & Basso as well

they labelled this as "challenge of the champions" then weakened the real Peterborough team and strenghtened the Poole team, 

We may crash and burn this season but the 6 who have returned deserved to be included in 2022 for there efforts in 2021

No room for sentiment in sport. 

20 minutes ago, Flappy said:

We shouldn't have signed Ostergaard and subsequently signed a stronger reserve and we would've challenged to retain the title for me.

Ulrich will be ok when he has had a few meetings, he did have a nasty injury, it takes time to come back from that. You are making judgements based on a couple of meetings. 

35 minutes ago, Flappy said:

No room for sentiment in sport. 

There isnt thats true 

Im sure that if anyone of the team isnt pulling his weight then a change will be made if someone is available that is but until then you just have to give them another chance after last season when they all did there bit to make it such a good season 

• Like 2

13 hours ago, scoobydoo said:

Not sure that Kyle Newman strengthened the Pirates too much, despite his usual never-give-up attitude.

Just another indication that Championship Champions are pretty damn good at home, with 'too many Cooks' clearly spoiling the Panthers broth!!;)

Edited by Skidder1

6 minutes ago, Skidder1 said:

Not sure that Kyle Newman strengthened the Pirates too much, despite his usual never-give-up attitude.

Just another indication that Championship Champions are pretty damn good at home, with 'too many Cooks' clearly spoiling the Panthers broth!!;)

I'm guessing they mean from teams official line ups we were missing Nathan Ablitt and they were missing Basso and Harris. 

But was impressed with both Cook's and Kemp last night. Did really well. Good to get the confidence high early on! 

Harris and Basso would've got us closer but not sure we win that meeting 

Palin struggling again tonight.  In the moan body at Scunthorpe and really struggles away in particular. 

Harris having a better night

On 3/30/2022 at 10:42 PM, Flappy said:

As much as it pains me. I support the opinion. It’s very admiral to support those that performed so well last season. Sadly that’s not how Speedway works. Not confident we will make the playoffs. Very much hope I’m wrong.