British Speedway Forum
Flappy

Peterborough Panthers 2022

3 hours ago, TTT said:

Krzysztof Buczkowski & Andreas Lyager could be available. Think both are only riding in two leagues and they're allowed to do 3 leagues as they're not riding in the Ekstraliga.

If true, what do you think the set up costs for those riders would be to ride the rest of the season over here?

It would at this point not be cost effective for either the rider or club

36 minutes ago, M.D said:

If true, what do you think the set up costs for those riders would be to ride the rest of the season over here?

It would at this point not be cost effective for either the rider or club

No idea but it'll be more expensive than the riders we've currently got.

So Jordan Jenkins replaces Palin for the next couple of meetings 

2 hours ago, Flappy said:

So Jordan Jenkins replaces Palin for the next couple of meetings 

Don’t understand why they’ve gone for jenkins, surely someone like Alfie botwell with a bit more experience would make abit more sense 

6 minutes ago, Redpanther said:

Don’t understand why they’ve gone for jenkins, surely someone like Alfie botwell with a bit more experience would make abit more sense 

Bowtell has been knocking around Div 3 and Championship Reserve berths for 5 or 6 years, let’s give Jenkins a shot, Palin cannot really complain he just isn’t cutting it this year and his record at Lynn is dreadful.

1 minute ago, bigcatdiary said:

Bowtell has been knocking around Div 3 and Championship Reserve berths for 5 or 6 years, let’s give Jenkins a shot, Palin cannot really complain he just isn’t cutting it this year and his record at Lynn is dreadful.

Yeah I guess your probably right tbf, just that jenkins seems too be struggling for redcar also but yeah palin has really shocked me this year, thought the lad would kick on. In all seriousness I think a change higher up is needed, bring someone in like bellego or buzz someone like that, fingers crossed lol 

19 minutes ago, bigcatdiary said:

Plus Rob Lyon says he's worked with Jenkins before 

From Jordan Palin on Facebook

Following the announcement by the management at Peterborough Panther’s I would like to confirm that I understand the decision and support the long term objectives of the Club.

I have worked extremely hard over the winter to ensure all my equipment was ready for the new season and have been proactive in the development and progression of my career. It was and still is vital that my equipment is at the cutting edge of what is available. As with any development it can take time to fine tune, however my recent scores in the Championship and Poland have shown that my objectives for the development of the chassis and engine’s have now started to deliver against my high expectations for my own development.

When I was made aware by the management of their decision I had to respect it and focus on the opportunities I had in Poland. The decision allowed me to book travel to enable me to attend the practice sessions with the coaching staff at Torun and that has enabled me to deliver in the very competitive U24 matches the following day. The help and guidance has also reflected in my contribution to the Team GB U23 performance.

Whilst I remain a Peterborough Panthers squad member I will always give to the best of my ability, as I do with any club that I am lucky enough to represent. I wish Jordan the best of luck with his opportunity and can assure every one who knows me that I will continue to strive to deliver above expectation.

• Like 1

On 5/26/2022 at 10:20 AM, Redpanther said:

Pre-season I would have said Jenkins had promise & isn't a bad number 8, but so far this season averaging 2.57 (3.43) for Redcar, so an odd choice for me!

• Like 2

On ‎5‎/‎24‎/‎2022 at 8:48 AM, Flappy said:

The league has just improved and Panthers haven't.  We stayed the same whilst the others evolved, I don't think it's any more than that.

The points limit raised, other clubs signed the likes of Iversen, Kildemand, Zagar, Holder, Fricke, Doyle, Musiliek, Kurtz, Masters etc and we stayed loyal like a lot of us fans wanted as they were bloody brilliant last year.  

We messed up team building quite simple

Iversen or Kildemand,  Holder here in 2021, Masters here in 2021.

On ‎5‎/‎24‎/‎2022 at 12:22 PM, Crump99 said:

The one change that they couldn't afford was losing the ringer at reserve and that's what happened. Didn't the whole team end up down there at some point last season? That's some luxury. That tells you much about where most are now in their career whilst now also being a year older and having to improve their performance against better quality riders as you highlight. That improvement isn't going to happen to riders on the wrong side of the hill. Loyalty is admirable but it was fairly obvious that that would come at a cost in 2022.

Down to the new rule change of having to have your Rising Star at 7.

Everyone thought Basso was going to be a good replacement.

Ostergaard, Harris & Andersen were no 7's last year.

2 hours ago, szkocjasid said:

Pre-season I would have said Jenkins had promise & isn't a bad number 8, but so far this season averaging 2.57 (3.43) for Redcar, so an odd choice for me!

This was my thinking just seems strange, tho if robs worked with him before then that’s got something too do with it I’m sure 

find it a strange decision, why is it the reserve that takes the brunt of decisions like this when others need looking at

4 hours ago, Flappy said:

From Jordan Palin on Facebook

Following the announcement by the management at Peterborough Panther’s I would like to confirm that I understand the decision and support the long term objectives of the Club.

I have worked extremely hard over the winter to ensure all my equipment was ready for the new season and have been proactive in the development and progression of my career. It was and still is vital that my equipment is at the cutting edge of what is available. As with any development it can take time to fine tune, however my recent scores in the Championship and Poland have shown that my objectives for the development of the chassis and engine’s have now started to deliver against my high expectations for my own development.

When I was made aware by the management of their decision I had to respect it and focus on the opportunities I had in Poland. The decision allowed me to book travel to enable me to attend the practice sessions with the coaching staff at Torun and that has enabled me to deliver in the very competitive U24 matches the following day. The help and guidance has also reflected in my contribution to the Team GB U23 performance.

Whilst I remain a Peterborough Panthers squad member I will always give to the best of my ability, as I do with any club that I am lucky enough to represent. I wish Jordan the best of luck with his opportunity and can assure every one who knows me that I will continue to strive to deliver above expectation.

Very strange move from the management imo. Palin the fall guy for Jenkins that'll probably improve our total team score by a maximum of 1 or 2 points at best.

Seems like sentiment is going to win the day when it comes to our 1-5. 

I guess I cant complain too much considering they've all earnt the right to have credit in the bank so to speak when it comes to job security at Peterborough.

100% finishing last though.

On 5/26/2022 at 10:20 AM, Redpanther said:

Er wouldn't that constitute a team change, which is supposedly against the rules (unless you are Ipswich)

Whereas Jenkins is simply the Panthers using their already declared no 8

2 hours ago, stevehone said:

find it a strange decision, why is it the reserve that takes the brunt of decisions like this when others need looking at

They cant change anyone else in the team at this time , so would expect that other changes maybe made when that time comes