British Speedway Forum
lisa-colette

Sheffield vs Belle Vue 30/09/21 POSF 1st leg

8 minutes ago, Grachan said:

If someone goes down on the first bend it's nearly always all four back. Can someone explain how that is controversial? 

Wasn't there but from what I've read it seems controversial because the red lights didn't come on until the 2nd incident on the 3rd/4th bend. 

Edit; apologies, also just read that Bewley came down after the red lights came on, so agree with your conclusion.

Edited by nw42
mistaken.

3 minutes ago, nw42 said:

Wasn't there but from what I've read it seems controversial because the red lights didn't come on until the 2nd incident on the 3rd/4th bend. 

I wasn't there either, but Updates say that Bewley came off on turn 4 after the red lights came on.

1 minute ago, Grachan said:

I wasn't there either, but Updates say that Bewley came off on turn 4 after the red lights came on.

Yeah, seen that and edited but you'd already replied. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, NSS1 said:

Karma justice tho 5-1 still :rofl: :party:

Often happens in a re-run but not Karma as it seems the referee made the right call.

1 hour ago, Grachan said:

If someone goes down on the first bend it's nearly always all four back. Can someone explain how that is controversial? 

If they fall on their own they should be excluded. All 4 back is supposed to be for 'first bend bunching.' 

• Like 1

16 hours ago, tyke said:

Dunno, but my local cricket club paid over £4k each for 3 covers and I think there about 8m Long by 4m wide. To cover only 1 wicket . V. Expensive kit

Problem isn't so much the covers, but also who is going to put them down and remove them at a moments notice. Speedway track staff are generally volunteers, are they supposed to be available 24/7 to be called upon?  Most of them have other jobs. And covering a complete track by hand with say 6 people?  No thanks, it would be hours of back breaking work. How many volunteers you gonna get for that?

6 minutes ago, wtf said:

Problem isn't so much the covers, but also who is going to put them down and remove them at a moments notice. Speedway track staff are generally volunteers, are they supposed to be available 24/7 to be called upon?  Most of them have other jobs. And covering a complete track by hand with say 6 people?  No thanks, it would be hours of back breaking work. How many volunteers you gonna get for that?

Exactly I’ve seen Vojens do it several times, they have team of about 20 guys and have to use forklifts to move the covers around as very heavy especially when wet.  Also the track has to be completely dry when the covers are put down, you can’t put them on an already damp track which it generally will be at this time of year as it makes it worst.

2 hours ago, foreverblue said:

Often happens in a re-run but not Karma as it seems the referee made the right call.

We were on a 5-1 until holder fenced dan hence karma justice :t:

27 minutes ago, Rob B said:

Exactly I’ve seen Vojens do it several times, they have team of about 20 guys and have to use forklifts to move the covers around as very heavy especially when wet.  Also the track has to be completely dry when the covers are put down, you can’t put them on an already damp track which it generally will be at this time of year as it makes it worst.

Next season its compulsory to have track covers in Poland for extraliga so we can all see how they cope with them and learn how it's done?

Don’t think enough has been said about that heat 13 incident. Holder was well out of order and from my angle it was deliberately done. He knew it straight away and went over to apologise to Dan.

Naughty move 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, acef said:

Don’t think enough has been said about that heat 13 incident. Holder was well out of order and from my angle it was deliberately done. He knew it straight away and went over to apologise to Dan.

Naughty move 

Did you notice after heat 1 when he passed Richie Worrall, Richie put his hand out to congratulate him and he ignored him and rode past. 

5 minutes ago, acef said:

Naughty move 

certainly wasn’t purposeful. Looked like Bewley saw red light first, Holder didn’t and Dan wasn’t expecting him to dive up inside. They were laughing and joking in pits after 

Mention must be said of Tom Brennan’s ride in heat 12, I feel this gave the momentum for Belle Vue. He was all over Kyle Howarth, anyone who previously went wide into deep dirt got into trouble but he went wide round the outside of Howarth on final bend. 

Edited by Rob B

53 minutes ago, Rob B said:

Did you notice after heat 1 when he passed Richie Worrall, Richie put his hand out to congratulate him and he ignored him and rode past. 

Yes seen that. Also blanked him in the pits after as well 

4 minutes ago, acef said:

Yes seen that. Also blanked him in the pits after as well 

Might get a bit awkward at Poole then as the Holders are often in the pits last month or so and if Steve and Richie have talked about it! Depends how much it bothered Richie I suppose! He may not really care about it.